Wintrust Financial Corporation

Wintrust Financial Corporation Employee Reviews

Good first job

The pay is not great but it's a good stepping stone. The culture varies a lot between departments so that will really decide what experience you'd have here. Most people are nice.

Decent place, no progression.

Okay pay, decent place. I feel a lot of the times hard work doesn't get recognized, and people who deserves promotions don't get them and are based off of favoritism. Benefits are good though

Productive and fast paced

I enjoyed being at Wintrust. There were meetings with your manager and team meetings to ensure that the department, constantly grew more productive. The goal was to close as many loans as quickly as possible and all the tools necessary to achieve that was provided at Wintrust.

Save yourself

Save yourself. Toxic work environment with no opportunities to advance your career. Loose with bank procedures that it makes you wonder why they were put in place. And you have to cater to every spoiled customer.

Great Company

Great company plenty of room for growth. Ok pay. Great benefits. Great work culture and environment. Lots to learn in many different sectors of the bank.

Casual environment but limited opportunity to grow

Wintrust is an easy going company. People will treat you with respect and there is not much office politics. There is however ,limited growth opportunities and there is not much benefits and incentives

Good benefits, great pay, fun environment, room for growth, the company provides luncheons, perks, fun outings with the company, overall great company to work for. 10/10

Terrible work place avoid

Wintrust is just what can I say terrible. The pay is very low. Not competitive at all. As a banker you do not get commission. They justify this by saying you get year end bonuses but they are nothing. The managment is incompetent and overloads you with work. Turn over rate is sky high so constantly being overwhelmed by under staffing issues. They have below average PTO for the banking world. Managers do not treat everyone fairly. People who are the same role as you will not be expected to do as much as you are expected to do.

Cons

Great place to work for honestly.Does get repetitive and limited room to grow.

Compared to other banks who push to their workers to sell,sell, sell--that is not the case at Wintrust. The job is repetitive. Great time off hours. And like other customer service jobs the customers can be alright. Wintrust takes care of you.

Pros

The people, management and customers, depending on your location.

Cons

It can get repetitive, If you get bored of doing the same thing over and over this work environment may not be for you.

Toxic work environment

Favoritism is KEY with this bank. Someone with experience cannot move up unless management likes you, and it's not even merit bared. It's personal for no reason. The niece of a higher up was hired for a management role with no experience in banking.

Cons

Fine company to work for if culture is not a priority.

As far as the work goes, it's banking so nothing new, but the culture has much to be desired. They are just now investing in systems for more efficient work, but moral is low and they still insist on a hybrid schedule rather than allow those who enjoy working from home and are productive at home to remain in a full time work from home schedule.

Toxic Work Environment

I worked at Wintrust for almost 4 years and the work environment was extremely toxic. I think this mostly had to do with the manager. They would constantly talk about the task they do not do, and how they do not help customers. The manager also would come and go as they pleased for personal matters. I was paid less than peers who were newly hired on though we had equal education, but I had more experience. I often felt undervalued, underappreciated, and over worked. If you are going to take a position here make sure you have a good leader before accepting. Also, negotiate your pay, never take the first offer.

Pros

Schedule

Cons

Management, Pay, Stress

Lack of True Leadership

I worked at Wintrust for 4 years. At first the workpace was consistent and calm. However, due to departmental changes, we have only a fraction of the manpower while our workload has more than quadrupled. We take on more responsibility, yet not only has our compensation remained stagnant but we feel disrespected in the company. Upper management has taken on more projects and applications that impact our department and they don't even consider how we feel. We're treated as the "dumpster" of the company where all the problems can be just placed on our lap to clean up.Not to mention that the financial industry will soon be transformed due to the rise of cryptocurrency and the fall of the US petro-dollar. Wintrust to my knowledge has no plans to evolve into the cryptocurrency space and I feel there will be no future here if leadership isn't completely changed.

Pros

Free gym, shuttle, quarterly luncheons, work from home opportunities

Cons

Increasing Responsibilities without increased compensation, phony leaders taking charge of management, serious core issues that aren't seriously being addressed

Personal Banker, Officer

Very involved in community, I truly enjoyed the time I spent working here. Great benefits and pay. Need to open more locations in the NWI footprint.

Challenging work environment

Employee experience is inconsistent across business lines. There is no standard grading, dept structure, or compensation philosophy, so your fate is determined by leadership in your line, and too many of them are poor leaders.

Pros

Casual workwear - dress for your day

Cons

Difficult and inconsistent org structure makes advancement and recognition a popularity contest.

EXTREME PAY DISPARITIES! High Turnover! No incentives on accounts!

This company pays people who are working the same positions different pay. While I know sometimes this is determined if the individuals has a degree, more experience or has negotiated more pay, but sometimes this is not the case. Often times this is the figure that was offered right off the back. You may even experience clique like behaviors. Going to company events never felt welcoming unless you wanted to attend after parties and “kiss up to” regionals. Training was a complete waste of time. They give you about a good week to be a banker. Wintrust does not pay for licensing, instead they like to outsource people that have come from companies that do. The type of management you get will help determine if experience will be good or bad.

Pros

Hours, medical insurance, 401k plan

Cons

Pay Disparities, no incentives, lack of training

Great place

Great place people are nice and friendly. Help desks helps out quickly. Hr helps out as much as possible. Great place to be. Recruiter helps a lot to move into different departments

Culture Shift turned a great company into an awful company

Became a cold and uncaring organization. Cliques only get ahead. Integrity issues disregarded at the top of the house. Stress level through the roof while cutting staff.

Pros

Cons

cliques...questionable integrity...high high stress

Terrible Place to work

Pay is terrible, they only care about you if you have been there for a long time. Raises each year shouldn’t even be called raises. 20 cents maximum. Won’t get fired as long as you show up, can be the dumbest person on the planet and they keep you since you are a body. 10/10 do not recommend.

Pros

Can get away with tons of bad habits as an employee

Cons

Literally everything

Management was not good. Not helpful at all. They keep track on your washroom time. Only good thing I remember my last day at work was so relieved. This bank is so busy too much work always exhausted.

Client & Community-Focused

Financial institution with a solid reputation throughout the communities it serves. Places client experience above all else. Lacking focus on work-life-balance and pays below industry standards. The workplace culture remains in dire need of a change due to outdated practices, technology, and treatment of employees. Hierarchical structure and restrictive policies makes it difficult to provide the expected delivery of service. Could be a great place to work, but lacks the foundation of prioritizing all people which is necessary for success.

Pros

Community involvement and exposure, Networking.

Cons

Salaries are not competitive, Work-life-balance is non-existent, Archaic technology and executive leadership methods/strategies/communications.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wintrust Financial Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Wintrust Financial Corporation
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?