Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Showing all 13,765 reviews

Excellent Work Environment

Well-compensated relative to similar jobs in area. Collaborative work environment with excellent coworkers. Quickly paced due to common staff shortages; but this is made up for by the quality of existing staff.

What is the best part of working at the company?Wholefoods cares about people What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The best place I have ever worked so far.You need to work well with others/customers What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Environment is friendly and employees are customer obsessed What is a typical day like for you at the company?Helping customers, by checking them out, shopping for them as an in store shopper, and making sure we have a smooth shift

It’s a good job

It’s a good company to work for. I met a lot of great people. The managers care about the employees, overall I enjoyed working here. And the employee discount is a blessing.

Pros

Good management, lots of breaks, good benefits

Cons

Gossipy coworkers

Its a job

If you enjoy being underpaid and overworked this job is for you. Obviously experience varies by location but you're often dealing with the most entitled people in your area and higher ups will try to squeeze everything out of you they can.

Productive, fast paced and always had little events for empolyees

As a part of management we would often go out and help on the floor with anything that needed to be done. There was very little for us to do inside the office because its mostly done as soon as shift starts are in the end when shift is over. Most of the other work was done by a clerk. The hardest part of the job is trying to hit an "out time" or when selection would be done with clean up and then done for the day.

Could have been better

Wholefoods prides it self on having a “one team” environment. While that’s great, Amazon keeps chiseling away at that. It would have been nice to work there before the take over, to work as Wholefoods intended.

good job

flexible scheduling, chill job, great benefits and pay, the people are always friendly and most customers are very nice in this area, would recommend as a starter job

Horrible management

The only positive thing I can say about working at WF is the coworkers were amazing..that being said the work environment is horrible, we are expected to cover another departments duties when someone is absent and is not even our jobs to begin with, like maintenance or plumbing work. The customers are absolutely atrocious and have show examples of being hostile and racist...and the store did absolutely nothing to resolve any of the issues! they would simply give the customer a discount and let them leave to come another day. And to top it off, severely underpaid!!

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Management and the company all together

Very Poorly Managed

They called this specific whole foods the place where ATL (assistant store leads) go to die. They once encouraged me to work two twelve hour shifts back to back, and in the same day refused to let me come in late the next day for my opening shift, which I requested to take care of my son. Weird and very hostile work place.

Fun workplace with a inclusive environment

Whole Foods is a company that strongly prices it’s self on its inclusion and diversity and rightfully so. The entire grocery team that I was apart of felt like a family and I knew pretty much everyone in the store after only working there for a month. The pay is great and the community is even better. The jobs you are tasked with are also not very extraneous but slightly tedious. This is not a bad thing at all and every job is a little tedious.

Pros

Free food provided in break room, good pay, great community, trustworthy administration

Cons

Short breaks

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Whole Foods Market?

Some good people

Whole Foods is plagued by cronyism and a corporate culture of blame the people under you when anything goes wrong. I found Whole Foods to have great products and customers, but also found Whole Foods to be inconsistent in its promotion practices.

Pros

Good starting pay.

Cons

Health Insurance is terrible.

It’s a no.

Managers pick favorites. Turnover rate is high, because management is poorly put together. They just give higher up positions to the people who want them. Honestly none of them are qualified.

Productive but easy job

This position is pretty easy! It’s enjoyable as well you are using a phone to guide you of the items you need and where the items are placed throughout the store it’s a chill job all that’s required of you is that you keep up with the units per hour, if support is needed in other departments sometime you have to help out if there are no orders.

ehhhh.

ehhhh. favoritism definitely shows! not a bad place to work as long as you kiss you know what to get the position you need to be in. Some good days some bad days.

Good for young people

Repetitive tasks. Sometimes it gets really slow and boring. Standing for 6-7 hours. Too many PLU codes to remember for one person. Busy hours time passes fast and it can become enjoyable.

Pros

Employee Discount Card

Cons

Boring

Whole Foods is a great place to work, friendly environment. Like a family. Good pay, easy work. They pay bonuses and do different things for the employees

Great team, Great leadership

My time there was brief, but the whole team was awesome, and the company itself really takes care of its employees at every level. Can't recommend enough.

Decent place to work

Not a bad place to work. Decent part time job friendly enough coworkers. Stressful around the holidays but that’s to be expected in retail. Would work again.

Nice to work

Easy fast paced environment not like other supermarke. Working for this company for 2+ years allowed me to learn a lot of knowledge and become more aware of healthy eating. I also loved how comforting the managers were and understanding of your needs

Good Benefits, needs better training program

Functional training program for new employees as well as management is necessary. Provide great benefits package which is better than many other market jobs.

Great Employees

WFM has a culture of hiring young and energetic people which can make work fun and difficult at the same time. Management is full of people who should have never been put in a position of power.

Pros

Fun place to work

Cons

Management ha too much power to impose personal beliefs on you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Whole Foods Market