Well Care Health

Well Care Health Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse Case Manager

Registered Nurse Case Manager9 reviews

Flexibility

Very flexible. Overall good place to work. Mileage pay is below avg. Sometimes charting late in the evening. Some days very stressful and feel pushed.

Pros

Flexibility, pay

Cons

Low mileage pay, feel like just a number

just terrible

would never go back. toxic management and people who are unhappy with their jobs; lots of politics and pettyness; no clear training , just went along cause i was in need of a job (God forbid a nurse admits that)

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

toxic management; no growth

Home Health is a specialty

I enjoy Home Health and the flexibility of my schedule. This is a speciality and you have to invest your time in learning how to navigate the computer system but there is a ton of support from Education and your clinical managers so you are never alone.

Overall great place to work

Strong sense of family for the most part. Nurses are definitely overworked, which is pretty much an industry-wide problem. Continuing education is encouraged and supported. Enjoyed working here.

Run away!!! Dont look bckwards!!!!!!!!

Worst management ever. Does not care about employees. Extremely large turnover. I wouldnt recommend this as a second thought. You would rather stab yourself in eyeballs than work for this company. If you do end up working here, you will want to stab yourself in eyeballs

Cons

Everything!!

Extremely disappointing

There's so much turnover here, you'd think that by now they would figure out its the Company and not the staff. All about the mighty dollar! They thrive on quantity and not quality. Caseloads are TOO MUCH! Management doesn't care, they throw you to the wolves and rarely help you out when you go to them with questions or concerns. OH, and the reason they are a "5 Star" company is because clinicians are constantly harassed and pressured into changing their documentation to show false progress. I hate it, I love the patients and am very upset that I can't provide them the care they deserve. I'm out of here as soon as I get another job.

Pros

Patients

Cons

Sooooo much

Growth at a Cost

A growing company. Scheduling was a problem and nurses expected to do too many patients in a day to get the required paperwork finished. 4 admissions, 2 resumes, and 5 other patients 3 of whom require extensive wound care ( at least an hour) is what they expected. The marketing team were not all nurses, often the patient would come out of the hospital with no doctor for ongoing orders. This putting the patient and nurse in an unsafe situation.

Pros

some great team mates, good PT, Ot, St, LPN's

Cons

No work /life balance, no psych nurse on staff, poor coord between hospital and home

If a company could be diagnosis this one would be borderline

Staff is expected to see way too any patient in one day and is awarded for doing so. Every day nurses were making visit that only lasted 15 minutes at the most, despite having complex patient needs. Nurses are paid per visit making it far more beneficial to jam as many as you can into a day. Nurses get the same amount of pay for a 15 min visit as they do an hour visit. On top of that, management sends out a so called productivity report company wide, showing how many patients each clinical employee sees in a day/week. No where in this so called report is acuity factored in or quality of care indicated. This practice illustrates the pervasive nature this company has of putting employees against each other. We were taught to score the admitting oasis low and the discharge oasis high I order to get better outcomes and APPEAR like a five star company. We were given scripts to use to promote patient to answer surveys more possitively. In my time there 99% of my training was on how to make the company more money with only about 1% of my trainings on teaching me to provide better care. Even annual reviews/pay raises where based on factors that have nothing to do with being a good nurse but rather documenting in such a way that gets the company the most money. While there are many wonderful clinical staff there I would not let Well Care take care of my dog much less a family member. All they really provide give their nurses time to do is take vitals, slap on a dressing, and offer very brief/non specific teaching. Lets face it, if you are seeing 10 patients in a day how can anyone -

Pros

Good pay compared to other HHA's

Cons

Unethical, poor patient care, hostile work environment at times

Best of Home Health

Going into home health was a big decision for myself versus the hospital and a facility. After further research I felt home health would benefit myself more than the home care. I utilize a variety of my nursing skills every day and have a supportive team overall. The best part is the flexibility and managing my own caseload for the week. Home health is not ideal for a nurse who needs to be micro managed or isn't organized.

Pros

Supportive manager and team, Pto, pay

Cons

Mileage rate, other agencies are slightly higher

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Well Care Health?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Well Care Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Well Care Health
  • Registered Nurse Case Manager
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?