Well Care Health

Well Care Health Employee Reviews for Licensed Practical Nurse

Licensed Practical Nurse10 reviews

Great pay and flexible hours

I was a home health nurse and worked with the same patient for approximately six months. I would still be there if it wasn't for my patient's mother. It wasn't anything WellCare could control but a very difficult and disrespectful situation. Due to that, they have trouble keeping any nurses with this patient. WellCare treated me well otherwise.

Poor management

The management cancelled a client who had been with them for several years due to one day shift nurse claiming false doc orders . Management should have called MD of client before basing a decision based solely on a day shift nurses word. This decision hurt the client as well as the other nurses working the case. Also, there is very little PTO time and raises do not happen very often. Holiday pay for nurses isn't time and a half, but three dollars more on the hour .

Pros

Paperwork is easy, hours are flexible

Cons

Poor management, little PTO time, not many raises

Understanding managers; communication disconnect between schedulers and managers

I would have enjoyed working with Well Care if I wasn't covering so many different territories. I think it's the "accepted" culture of nursing..."work til you drop"; but NOT my culture. One person can only do but so much, but as long as you'll do it, they'll let you...that's not just Well Care, that's nursing period.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Not enough travel compensation

Good company to work for.

This company is great to work for. There are plenty of opportunities for growth. The managers are not hard to talk to. This bunch is very understanding when it comes to the real world of life. This is a good company to set roots down like a place to call home. Small company with a big heart.

Pros

Make your own hours, well paid, low stress, one on one with client, benefits are great

Cons

Needs client closer to home, driving distance is far.

I've noticed the pay is less than other companies for their nurses. I'm making $5 less than other companies are hiring

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Well Care Health is what my schedule right now needs. My hours works out with my home life schedule. Wellcare does allow me to schedule days off if I need it. I get along with staff and clients. I just wish they would raise the pay for their nurses

Don’t do it!

I am a very driven and hardworking nurse. I took a job as an LPN covering the next county over from my homestead. When I began my job I was given my territory. I was frequently made To go out of my territory. (If I was low,if a patient got missed by scheduling,if they just didn’t have enough help) all this on top of seeing my patients. Some visits were 45 mins driving distance apart. The money is really good however it is a full time hob. Lots of working from home. Even if you take time off they will call/email/text. The management doesn’t care about employees so don’t even bother going to thm with issues.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No work/family balance

Don’t do it!

You might work 50 plus hours a week but your pay will be incorrect every time. The corporate office will not call you back. Beware and do not, I repeat do not fall for their words because their actions are totally different.

Flexible Hours are nice

You schedule your own patients and as long as your patients are seen, your hours are your hours. Family life is much more enjoyable with a flexible schedule.

Secure Job, Little Management

I worked for this company for a little more than five years. I had one full time pediatric patient the first four years. This was mainly because it was a difficult case to staff. I dad a second pediatric client the year after before discontinuing my employment there. I may have stayed on PRN, but after serving this company for so long, they could not place me anywhere else because they did not have any cases in the area, so I resigned and signed on with a new company. Home Health in itself is working very independently. However, the RN's in charge of these cases never once asked for input from myself or other nurses involved with clients. When approached with issues, nothing was ever resolved or handled. I never needed the benefits at the time. I was started out at 18.00 per hour, but I practically had to beg for a raise after 3 years, and they bumped me up to 20.00/hour.

Pros

Autonomy, Work Independently

Cons

Poor management, Lack of pay

It is well

Nice place to work at flexible schedule . I really enjoy working with people doing home health it has opened my mind up to so much and I know it is what I am meant to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Well Care Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Well Care Health