Well Care Health

Well Care Health Employee Reviews in Wilmington, NC

Wilmington, NC41 reviews

Home health RN

Pay per visit rate is fair. Too many factors outside your control affect your raise (I.e. you may never actually see the patient but you are case manager and they go back into the hospital resulting in your rehospitalization rate increasing thus decreasing the amount of your raise) . More and more referrals aren’t appropriate for home health, take back patients that we worked hard to discharge for noncompliance/abuse/inappropriate home settings/expectations. Scheduler constantly putting clinicians all over the county instead of localizing into different territories to ensure continuity of care/productivity then annoyed when we don’t pick up PRN visits when we spend half the day driving in between patients. Great coworkers and manager. Would work here again.

Pros

Flexibility, team, pay, work schedule, variety of skills to do

Cons

Scheduling, lack of continuity of care, unsure whatever comes of complaints/concerns that are made

Flexibility

Very flexible. Overall good place to work. Mileage pay is below avg. Sometimes charting late in the evening. Some days very stressful and feel pushed.

Pros

Flexibility, pay

Cons

Low mileage pay, feel like just a number

Overall a good place to work

I would recommend WellCare to others in my profession. Management is a little out of touch with field clinicians but this is common in home health. The compensation is fair for the area.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Health insurance has gotten expensive but I think that’s the case everywhere

Company say it’s a place to grow and feel like family. Not true

This company is a chew you up and spit you out kind of company. If your supervisor or your lead does not like you personally there is no one higher up to comfortably speak with. I was a member of this company for years and never received a raise. Co workers would be put against others, cliques are formed in every department overall just a very stressful work environment. MANAGEMENT IS NOT THE PLACE TO GO WITH A PROBLEM. Staff has worked together for years you will be dismissed

Pros

Off on weekends some holidays hour lunch breaks

Cons

Management, favoritism

Great pay and flexible hours

I was a home health nurse and worked with the same patient for approximately six months. I would still be there if it wasn't for my patient's mother. It wasn't anything WellCare could control but a very difficult and disrespectful situation. Due to that, they have trouble keeping any nurses with this patient. WellCare treated me well otherwise.

Its just about business

The leadership has rapidly declined with the passing of the former owner/ CEO and the resignation of the long time COO. This is a place where you can make a decent living financially, but senior management is always looking to cut corners and push the boundaries of what is ethical.

Working with home care client, lite housekeeping, Run errands and etc. helping clients with they’re needs and oral care, skin care things they can’t do on they own

Meeting new clients and learning new experiences

I learned how important clients should be when they’re under your supervision how to keep on the look out when something seem off about my clients when a client fall don’t help them call 911

Pros

Becoming a pro at my ob

Cons

Death experience switch long term clients

Company is declining overall

Unfortunately company is not what it once was. No support staff. They do not care about clinical staff or patients. Have clerical staff over nurses. Benefits are ok, minimal PTO and no holiday pay and no raises ever. Look elsewhere if you want to be valued and to have good support staff.

Official response from Well Care Health

January 6, 2020
We are very sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your experience as part of the Well Care Health team. Our guiding principles include putting patients first and hiring and developing the best, and everything we do centers around those principles as well as our mission of keeping our communities healthy, happy, and at home. We encourage you to seek out a member of your local Well Care HR team. They will be glad to assist you with your benefits planning, and any specific concerns you may have.

Money talks

Its all about money coming in. They do not care about you as a person or an individual. Your coworkers will stab you in the back every chance they get. The CFO and the COO dont want to be bothered with anything, especially if it means they would have to do something. Go to them for help and you will be scolded, talked about and laughed at behind your back. They do as little as possible and are not even aware of the day to day operations within the billing department. There is no "family values" there at all like they claim. Workers need to focus on their jobs and not what others are doing. Office drama is an every day thing here. Pay is ok, but watchout for the people. Unrealistic goals are placed upon the department and threats made to your future with the company if you cannot meet or exceed said goals. Stress levels are sky high and your coworkers are so immature and childish. The COO is so withdrawn that she doesn't even know whats going on and the CFO is as cluelessas they come.

Pros

Cons

Sr. Management is worthless

Do NOT work for this terrible place!!

Terrible place to work. They do not live up to their values or mission statement they love to pride themselves on. Management was a joke. Turnover is high and pay was terrible. They do nothing to take care of their employees to keep them, they are more worried about the money they make then patient care. HR is rude and insensitive, the CPO doesn’t return phone calls or hear the problems us employees are facing. I wouldn’t encourage my worst enemy to work for this home health care agency.

Overall great place to work

Strong sense of family for the most part. Nurses are definitely overworked, which is pretty much an industry-wide problem. Continuing education is encouraged and supported. Enjoyed working here.

Too much work

No clear training. No help or teamwork within your team. Patient calls were not being answered by co workers. Acting manager expected too much and would grill you as to why it was done a certain way. I was only there for 2 weeks and the stress was not worth the pay. Other office staff were friendly and helpful.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

No clear direction, lack of communication

Orientation And management don’t let it fool you

They are so nice at first till they pile you up with client and rush you when you can’t get to them fast enough they are very rude behind those computers they always tell you what’s polices when they don’t even go over it with every one at the same time they Also don’t train you on everything and don’t know how you been trained because they don’t asked they just throw you out there then trick you into quitting so they won’t have to be the bad guy they want to get every penny from the clients insurance having 3 and 4 people at thier house and pulling up when they don’t pick up

Pros

Gas pay and insurance clients

Cons

Bad communicate rude email over worked wear and tear on your personal car

Interesting place to work

Terrible management. Great clients. Overloaded and understaffed for home health appointments. Not a lot of support from management. Glad not to be working there anymore.

Pros

a job

Cons

a bad job

Soul Crushing

Management was like dealing with teenage girls in high school. Management was extremely unprofessional and would talk to employees about other employees and turn people against each other. The way some managers spoke to employees was downright rude, degrading and disrespectful. There were 12 of us seated in 1 fairly small room with no partitions or barriers to help block noise if you were on the phone or if the printer was running. Employee celebrations such as birthdays were nonexistent so the team wasn’t a team at all. You were basically on your own. Almost as if they would look for ways to bring you down instead of ways to improve. You were expected to sit at your desk, facing a wall, not talk to anyone, bathroom breaks were monitored, do your job and go home. Unless of course you were part of the managers minions that had an entirely different set of rules. Turn over rate is extremely high which should have been my first clue.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Literally everything else. Management, the atmosphere

Well Care No

WC has gone downhill since the loss of a wonderful man GWL. Management changed, HR /mgnt has no respect for employees or pnts. Leadership spends their time scheming up with ways to fire employees.

Good place to work, family atmosphere

The most undesirable part was the 90 day wait before you can access the PTO benefits. If you are an office staff and the office is closed on the holiday then you get no pay for the days out.

Pros

Growth and advancement

Cons

Not the best software or technology in use

Highly Recommend

Well Care Health is a great place to work! Always promoting from within, and genuinely care about their employees and patients. My job is "normal" schedule Monday-Friday 8a-5p. Management is always available to help/ give guidance/ assistance when needed. Workplace culture, we are always striving to be the best of the best in everything we do. This can be difficult for some people but if you really dig in and align yourself with the company culture of patients are #1 and always ask yourself the question-- is this benefiting the patient? You will do just fine! The hardest part of the job right now, is the rapid growth and expansion. We are always striving to be the best, and with multiple new offices in North and South Carolina it is hard to keep up sometimes! The most enjoyable part are the patients, my coworkers, and managers. I am naturally a people-person and feel that this is a great fit for people that genuinely care about each other's well-being. If you are looking for a great career in a company that is growing, I highly recommend!

Pros

Pto, Healthcare

Medical Records Specialist

MRS are paid low, lack of incentives, day is filled with gossip and no privacy to do work! The days are extremely stressful with lack of leadership overseeing the drama on the clinical side! Well Care is a 5 star company with a 1star as far work ethic after orientation. Don't let the orientation fool you! Not to mention having to use your PTO for holidays that you aren't allowed to work & not even a complete area to eat lunch. Well Care have some perks but the CON's are outweighing what the company could be. Most enjoyable part is knowing you can be flexible with taking days off & hr lunch break. A major deal breaker , DON'T EXPECT A RAISE or bonuses! Upper management & Liaison's will get all the revenue. The work environment is so negative, it takes away the enjoyment of coming to work. IF you need work to get by, then WELL CARE is the place to be, unless you fit you with the disrespectful, loud women that loves to gossip !

Pros

Hour lunch, Benefits, schedule flexibility

Cons

No break Room, gossip, need cubicles, lack of pay, no raises

The overpromise and under deliver. You won't make money here

For starters, they lure you in promising a lot of money for every patient you see. They don't mention that 1) they don't actually guarantee that they'll give you more than a few patients every day - it is always inconsistent and you have no control over how few or many. And, if you want more, they'll give you patients that are an hour drive. 2) They don't mention the 60-90 minutes of notes that every patient visit will require, once you add in all the various notes, emails, reports, etc that every patient requires. No, they don't pay you for note time, just per patient. They really have no interest in helping employees grow or learn or even provide better treatment for patients. They just want to squeeze as much out of each patient's insurance as they can, and as much out of each employee as they can. Don't be fooled. You do not want to work here, and they will not give you what they promise. Lastly, their HR head is cut throat.

Pros

nice coworkers.

Cons

too much unpaid work, terrible software, tiny outdated computers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Well Care Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Well Care Health
  • Wilmington, NC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?