Well Care Health

Well Care Health Employee Reviews in Raleigh, NC

Raleigh, NC30 reviews

Met a great family

I remember very little about this company. Was only there for a few months. The one client I had was a positive experience and I kept in touch with the family for years.

Great people

Great people and patients. Loved staff. Staff go above and beyond. Work life balance. Fair pay. Training and encouragement. Would recommend to others.

Work when you're able to.

You create your own schedule. Choose your patients. If you're lucky, you'll get one that you stick with everyday! My boss at the time no longer works there so I don't know how management is now.

Not a good place

This company only cares about one thing. Money for the owner. The pay is fair, your schedule will be changed over night, you never know where you are going or what task is assigned. You may be sent across the state on a Friday afternoon with no regards to our time for the week. This is not the place to work if you value your family or time off.

Pros

Cons

Multiple

Drama

Drama drama drama.. management is full of gossip. Not organized. They do not pay their employees fairly. No quality hires in management team. Turn over is high.

Don’t do it!

You might work 50 plus hours a week but your pay will be incorrect every time. The corporate office will not call you back. Beware and do not, I repeat do not fall for their words because their actions are totally different.

Stay away. Employees are not valued

Terrible management that does not work as a Team. They rather exploit your mistakes and gossip. Do not allow employees to interact or assist others..

Cons

Salary/Benefits/Hostile Environment

As long as you show up and do your work you will Have no problems. Coworkers are very friendly and helpful with any questions you may have. Don’t be afraid to ask questions so you can do your job correctly.

VERY poor management with no possibility of advancement

At first it seems great, family and patient care first. You quickly learn otherwise. "Management" is only interested in promoting their friends and family members. Even if you are smart, hardworking and have an experience in your background, forget it. Especially if you aren't a nurse. Everything is about quantity and not quality. When senior managers that had been there for 20 years quit and get fired, you kow it's bad. Pay is not enough to make it in this town either. Raises are MAYBE 3-5 percent which equals out to 30 to 40 cents an hour. News Flash- 48 dollars a month extra is not doing anyone any good. Keep it! You obviously need it more! The CFO and COO (who got the jobs because the previous ones quit/were fired) are interested in lining pockets and decreasing the quality of the supplies and care that are given to patients, not in making sure the staff thrive. Everything is nickle-dimed to death. Unless they are trying to open another office, for which they dont have staff. But hey- we're growing! Too many patients and not enough staff to cover it. Forget about making the departments bigger, they just give more work to the already over-staffed ones they have. If someone quits or gets fired, they chalk it up to being unhappy etc,not the company fault. Never take responsibility for their actions. If the same things are being said in all and cities and offices for several years over and over and over again, when does it stop being the fault or blame of the people who have quit? Department managers are totally checked out because they have ridiculous goals. Worthless and -

Cons

low pay, no growth, high insurance rates, absent management and a self-absorbed senior management team.

If you value your sanity and have ethics ......Run fast

This was the most horrible, backstabbing, qlique of people I have ever seen. They are rude, discriminate, and don't practice what they preach. They are family owned so management runs the roost and they aren't worth two cents. They over work, undertrain, and just throw you out there. They act all nice at first and to your face but they are a bunch of hypocrites. RUN.....YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

RUN ..... Run the other way

This is the worst company I have ever worked for. *Pay is BAD *Benefits are BAD *They expect you to work 24/7 with out pay *Management is BAD *The only way to move up is to suck up it is NOT based on job performance

Pros

Cons

Everything you can think of

Great Place to Work!

I highly recommend working at Well Care Health! The leadership truly cares about each patient and is passionate about the team. My manager provides with me with support and is always encouraging me to learn and be better, as the organization promotes from within and grows staff members. I work in the office and the schedule and commute are average for my line of work. Well Care focuses on being the best at everything we do and that attitude is the foundation of the culture. If we're not bringing value to the patient, we don't do it. If you're looking for a fast-paced and growing company to thrive in, I would suggest Well Care!

Flexible Hours are nice

You schedule your own patients and as long as your patients are seen, your hours are your hours. Family life is much more enjoyable with a flexible schedule.

Definitely Not What I expected...

Over worked, poor training, etc. The list goes on.. This company is more concerned about meeting a quota than providing quality care. Even the patients complain.

Pros

Couldn't think of any

Cons

The entire company

Sales job

The typical week involved meetings that took away from time in the field making sales. Sales goals could be unrealistic for certain areas. Great job for a motivated sales rep.

It is well

Nice place to work at flexible schedule . I really enjoy working with people doing home health it has opened my mind up to so much and I know it is what I am meant to do

Good pay - Good ethics

Good pay. Good corporate policies. Management is overall very personable. Pay is very competitive. Can be busy and lots of paperwork, as is the case in all home health positions.

Very stressful environment, healthy job overall

Did not get paid fairly at all. Had put on application that I was only willing to work specific areas and would get constant calls to go over 30 miles away. The patients or you sometimes weren't informed about their care until arrival. Patients were stressed justed as much as the CNA. Office staff nevered listen to you informing them of any patient changes.

challenging and rewarding.

High expectations and high rewards. Feels good to provide a health service to customers, however, from the viewpoint of someone new to the industry, the expectations are very high.

Pros

Rewarding work in health care

Cons

High expectations for goals

Horibble

No appreciation for aides... send you half way across the county for a mere 2 hour case. Office staff has an attitude, there are a few that are quite pleasant to talk to ... not sure how they think its positive for the company. They will take on more patients than what they have staff available then bribe you to take a case with a gift card .. horrible ethics and not how a company should be ran.

Pros

pros will ALWAYS be the clients

Cons

everything BUT the clients

As much work as you want

As an RN this is a great job if you don't have a social life or really want to work 12 hour days 7 days a week. They had such a huge patient load, they couldn't staff appropriately. What was supposed to be 5 patients a day turned into 7-8 and they would push you for more. Even my manager stepped down because it was such a stressful job. The pay was good, but not worth how much pressure and ridiculous charting there was. Communication between the office staff and clinical staff was non existent. Patients were constantly calling and saying no one showed up for their schedule dressing change or blood draw because the office staff didn't communicate with the nurses.

Pros

Pay, independence

Cons

overloading your schedule, lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Well Care Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Well Care Health
  • Raleigh, NC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?