Well Care Health

Well Care Health Employee Reviews

good company

Good work environment. Management is supportive. Co-workers are supportive on new employees. The hardest part of the job is the constant driving to patient's home.

Work life balance

Pay is very competitive and management care of your willing. Flexible work schedule of request it. Love working for Wellcare. There is offer for remote, hybrid or office work. This allow for great work life balance

Family First

VERY supportive with family crises or needs. And that's from the top down! Also very supportive of personal advancement, even if you are getting an education in an area which would take you from the company once graduated, they cheer you on and make space for your growth. They really work with you wherever they can to see you succeed in and out of the workplace.

Flexibility

Very flexible. Overall good place to work. Mileage pay is below avg. Sometimes charting late in the evening. Some days very stressful and feel pushed.

Pros

Flexibility, pay

Cons

Low mileage pay, feel like just a number

Work-Life balance; Benefits; Remote work

WellCare was a great place to work prior to the Centene purchase. It is no longer a progressive company and has lost its charm. I'm not sure how much longer I will work here.

Great people

Great people and patients. Loved staff. Staff go above and beyond. Work life balance. Fair pay. Training and encouragement. Would recommend to others.

Nice place to work

Wellcare is a great place to work and advance quickly however since centene took over idk how i feel anymore they are constantly changing things around and it becoming to much

Pros

Often catered lunches bonus incentives quarterly

Cons

Since centene took over we don’t get quarterly bonuses anymore only annual bonuses

Overall a good place to work

I would recommend WellCare to others in my profession. Management is a little out of touch with field clinicians but this is common in home health. The compensation is fair for the area.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Health insurance has gotten expensive but I think that’s the case everywhere

Excellent training but after the training's over it's a different story...

The training was okay we had help and patience as our trainer was very patient with us but after the training ended I found out that I was lied to about my schedule and I was lied to about the amount of pay All in all I think that the amount of time in training was not enough training to be comfortable enough to be on the phones full force

Pros

Training, Hands-On learning

Cons

show's favoritism, Not very Honest, Lies

Love this job

I have been there over 6 years and I loved the one on one care that we can provide for the clients opposed to a facility. The pay is mediocre but helping others makes it worth it.

Company say it’s a place to grow and feel like family. Not true

This company is a chew you up and spit you out kind of company. If your supervisor or your lead does not like you personally there is no one higher up to comfortably speak with. I was a member of this company for years and never received a raise. Co workers would be put against others, cliques are formed in every department overall just a very stressful work environment. MANAGEMENT IS NOT THE PLACE TO GO WITH A PROBLEM. Staff has worked together for years you will be dismissed

Pros

Off on weekends some holidays hour lunch breaks

Cons

Management, favoritism

Wellcare

Wellcare was a great company. The CEO actually cares about their employees. Job flexibility. Great benefits and pay. Company is know owned by Centene.

Pros

Bonus, Pto

Poor management

The management cancelled a client who had been with them for several years due to one day shift nurse claiming false doc orders . Management should have called MD of client before basing a decision based solely on a day shift nurses word. This decision hurt the client as well as the other nurses working the case. Also, there is very little PTO time and raises do not happen very often. Holiday pay for nurses isn't time and a half, but three dollars more on the hour .

Pros

Paperwork is easy, hours are flexible

Cons

Poor management, little PTO time, not many raises

Great for those needing to reeeally work on their own schedule. decent pay and very user friendly system applications, and straight forward training l

Not a great place to work

Poor management and very unorganized..Started orientation never had a preceptor for the area I was hired for. I would not really.........

Pros

Cons

Poor Management, Lack of training

Managers that care

Well Care had some of the best managers I have ever worked with but I had 3 different managers over a years time. The work was interesting and I loved the variety.

Well Care

I think the company had awesome training ! They do provide great support! You do have to put in the effort. Building relationships is an important part of the job also.

Productive and Fun Work Environment

It is a great place to work. The training is good. They have a great benefits package. You put in a lot of hours. The great thing is you are able to help people in a major way.

Great pay and flexible hours

I was a home health nurse and worked with the same patient for approximately six months. I would still be there if it wasn't for my patient's mother. It wasn't anything WellCare could control but a very difficult and disrespectful situation. Due to that, they have trouble keeping any nurses with this patient. WellCare treated me well otherwise.

Understanding managers; communication disconnect between schedulers and managers

I would have enjoyed working with Well Care if I wasn't covering so many different territories. I think it's the "accepted" culture of nursing..."work til you drop"; but NOT my culture. One person can only do but so much, but as long as you'll do it, they'll let you...that's not just Well Care, that's nursing period.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Not enough travel compensation

just terrible

would never go back. toxic management and people who are unhappy with their jobs; lots of politics and pettyness; no clear training , just went along cause i was in need of a job (God forbid a nurse admits that)

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

toxic management; no growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Well Care Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Well Care Health