Weatherford

Weatherford Employee Reviews

Weatherford is having a good working atmosphere. I learned how to improve soft skills and work on interpersonal skills. The hardest part of the job was to meet deadlines. The overall culture is good.
Pros
Free lunches
Official response from Weatherford
January 19, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the work environment and improved valuable skills while working at Weatherford. We have great people, so it is important to us that we provide our employees with organizational opportunities through mentoring, as well as challenging and enriching career paths. While we may operate all over the world, we are one team, one family, One Weatherford.
I am working hard , I am a hard worker manager very good am leaned here very use full for my life ia m also leaned management how need to managed working with company
Good
Good
I learnt a lot about how to manage day to day reporting requirement of the management by organizing & anticipating periodic assessments of the financial performance of the business units/departments
I worked at this company for 3 years and unfortunately i lost my job . Unfortunately the company was cost cutting. Theres some highly experienced people at weatherford. Alot of great people and everyone is ready to work and finish their work on time
The management is very supportive to each and every employees. I have learned a lot when it comes with work. I enjoyed working with Weatherford employees.
Pros
Subsidized on lunch
Friendly environment , timed certifications and training. Listening and approachable Compliance department. Few managers could believe what their favorites would say due to which sometimes office environment became unhappy and stressful. Worst part is job insecurity.
 Assure compliance of operations with regulatory and company policies; compose and revise operating measures, evaluate expenditures within scope of work, and formulate day-to-day reports.  Inspect employee safety, security and working conditions of the equipment; train and motivate employees, study the risk factors and kind of hazards, and effectively communicate with the Drilling Superintendent.
work as an engineer was great. the problem back then was management and weatherford was acquiring to many companies and they started having cash problems from the rapid expansion and low sales vs the oil price drop. the country manager was great when joined and i still try to stay in touch with him, probably the best boss i had. but then he left and all he ll broke loose. the salaries are average for that field but not bad and the work load wasnt that much back then. I would recommenced working there
Pros
culture
One of the competitive oilfield companies in the market. On the favorable side, you will be exposed to hierarchy of Management, deal with international suppliers, and on a good year of performance expect a months of total salary as bonus. On the downside, between the years of 2004-2008, the finance and sales divisions were mostly of paskitani decent. The financial controller , a Pakistani, hired his relatives and his contacts, and occupied management roles and positions. Most of them could not even speak English. I guess things have changed now.
Pros
Good work Exposure
Cons
Pakistani Management in Dubai, Urdu is the spoken Language
I have spend many years in this company. I have had really a good time memories. I learn lots from the highly professional team. The team - I called all my bosses they are really self motivated and never let you down even in hard situation, never blame, no bullying but always there to support you.
My day at work was extremely busy in compiling technical and commercial proposals, pre-qualifications, pre&post tender clarifications etc. for Drilling services product line, Compiling multiple product lines tenders is the most important part of tender which I learned. Company is professionally managed. Work place culture is very sporting. There were holidays and I was asked to submit 3 tenders to customers urgently which I did successfully, This part was the hardest Coordinating with customers and internal staff is the most enjoyable part of the job. Also added to it it document control job,
Pros
Some of the perks offered to me
Cons
Will discuss personally
Self paced results oriented recognition by management. This is a Projectized Organization rather than a Matrix Organization providing clear definition in project requirements.
Work culture in Weatherford is nice. I work with nice people. I had a lot of opportunities to learn and implement my ideas for the betterment of the company.
regular days are typical work days without any further changes. every day is a learning day, specially on work you never know what new is coming. management plays an important roles in employees work and their thoughput work place culture should be clam but not so silence, rather sometimes a crack of joke or a talk can levitate work progress. job is job, hardest and easiest parts are all part of it and flow with ease once done successfully, most enjoyable part when u got less work and pretend to go on with work load for a day!
playing football 3 times in month between the team in order to create challenging and healthy environment atmosphere between the employee and management
Pros
ghather lunch
Cons
healthcare
Weatherford was a great company where there were many challenges as its strategy was based on growth by acquisitions. Many acquisitions needed very much flexibility to changes and very active business develpment for the share holders to see their return the investment! Much fun. However, there was a change in senior management where they changed the whole culture and instead of leading by objectives, it became so subjective and separate groups instead of one team. Differentiation based on race and nationality not on productivity lead to leaving the company after 13years and the company started to fell down to a very bad situation that it is currently at. Feeling sorry for such a great organization to fell apart.
Pros
Leading by objectives, working as a team
Cons
Stressful, growth by acquisition challenges
It was one of the best company i have worked. It was productive and fun work place. There is chance to grow if your performance is good. It is a good environment to work.
Company with great potential until the Oil & Gas crash. Now facing serious financial and re-organizational issues. Massive cost and personnel reduction. Currently focused on the core business: TRS, MPD and Artificial Lifting.
I like my own company , good atmosphere ., friendly manner, get more knowledge about purchasing files, asset and inventory, oil field tools etc.
Office works co workers and administrators was too good Working surrounding was nice life at weatherford as administrator was interesting management good
Worked with day to day challenges and learned to work under pressure with multi cultured management. to be standby on 24 hours 7 days a week availability.
Pros
Free lunches, family days, sports events
Cons
Late sittings and less breaks
  1. Employee Reviews