Weatherford

Weatherford Employee Reviews

Weatherford is having a good working atmosphere. I learned how to improve soft skills and work on interpersonal skills. The hardest part of the job was to meet deadlines. The overall culture is good.
Pros
Free lunches
Official response from Weatherford
January 19, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the work environment and improved valuable skills while working at Weatherford. We have great people, so it is important to us that we provide our employees with organizational opportunities through mentoring, as well as challenging and enriching career paths. While we may operate all over the world, we are one team, one family, One Weatherford.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology, and services to the oil and gas industry
Good Company, great experience. I got a lot of experience which improve my skills and helped me to grow in my careers, received Oracle training and others training. The only problem is the commuting facilities.
Pros
Great
Cons
Out of State
Weatherford was a struggling company during my tenor. The division I worked for lacked leadership and had no clear plan forward. This created an environment uncertainty for the team, especially since the president of our division was very reactionary and had a shoot from the hip type of management style.
Pros
Cons
Lack of job security
- Work like a family within this dept. - All engineers are very helpful - Manager is awesome - Whatever learned regarding the industry is learnt here - flexible working hours as long as you complete your assigned work/ project
A good company to work for, appreciate the knowledge and skills. Need to focus on management improvements, system optimization. The company need to work on hiring process as well and apply more screening.
usually start the day at 5am, tried accomplishing tasks without having to run my head into the concrete walls around my work area ! i learned never to trust the natives to get almost anything done..... and.... when you did find a competent native,the other native would do anything to sabotage his/or her work workplace culture was such that i was able to learn arabic on my coffee breaks with the local staff most enjoyable part of the job was the good friends i made with the local people we interacted with
Pros
heat/ sand
Cons
heat/ sand
Although Weatherford is the first point of my career entry to the corporate world and I was kind of new to the industry, in no time I could figure that it is more of a family affair there where everyone is some how connected to the other one. Not much of a diversity which is a factor for me I would say.
Very supportive Management helping you achieve work-life balance. Job culture is also great. Salaries and benefits are one of the best in the industry. Great International experience
Professional workplace, where you work with fun and enhanced your knowledge in multi department and their courses are great, it is continuous learning
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Weatherford?
Working at Weatherford was really fun. I was in a lot of pressure in delivering results. But to work under pressure was challenging & tiring, I have learned how to manage my time for my work & family.
Good people with ever changing leadership. The company has an aggressive growth plan which did not work well with company profile. I enjoyed the challenges.
Overall the Oil & Gas Service complies (i.e. Schlumberger, Halliburton, Weatherford & others) are straggling in the long downturn of the oil. Weatherford in deed has, its own challenges due to the debit burden. Which was the result of a lot of merger & acquisition over the last 10 years, without proper due diligence & integration. As the result we left with 30 payroll system and multi ERPs and very different & challenging process in each filed. Working in Weatherford is very interesting as you have challenge everyday and improvement is continues process with a lot of opportunities.
Pros
Lots of opportunities
Cons
Work life balance
Current financial situation of Weatherford explains everything that is required to be known, hard to add anything too that. Upper management at the company have dragged it down.
Pros
peers are friendly
Cons
badly organised, paperwork workload horrendous
management doesn't have clear picture were they are going. Change of management is very frequent which doesn't give a chance to focus on daily work routine
Pros
Benefits, salary
Cons
management doesn't have clear picture were they are going
Where the community system gets start in jobs so downfall will be must there.,....same has been done in Weatherford abudhabi... I hope in all weatherford not happening like this...
Pros
All benefits
Cons
8-10hours
I learnt a lot at Weatherford but the work culture needs some serious improvement. Management doesn't get too involved in decision making processes and leave all responsibilities in mid level managers
Pros
Good salaries
Cons
no work/life balance
Weather ford is a multinational company. It provides the work life balance and diversity. The remuneration paid is also very good based on your skill set, qualification and experience.
Pros
Diverse culture
Cons
I've spent 15 years in this company, during this time I have occupied different positions. this allowed me to acquire a lot of knowledge and experience.
My experience in this company is great. I had an opportunity to work with the best talents in UAE. Almost everyone is productive and giving their inputs to improve the processes.
Hard working. Ready to learn something new. Would like to try office job or offshore construction. Ready to traveling for curse. Would like to try my power in biggest company
  1. Employee Reviews