Weatherford

Weatherford Job Security & Advancement reviews

good market position in industry for services has a large source of knowledge and special tools, competitive pricing you can learn a lot in a short time frame, plus the name weatherford adds weight to your resume
Pros
on time salary
Cons
managed by Houston
September 10, 2020
Thank you for your review. We have great people, so it is important to us that we provide our employees with organizational opportunities through mentoring and defined career paths.
It is really great international company, i learned a lot of things in my career and my general life with very proficient team, the workplace culture is very impressive because you will meet different nationalities.
January 19, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Collaboration at all levels of our organization is important -- in fact, it is one of our core values. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. Each of us yields a different perspective, past experiences, and ideas. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Overall the management is bad, they won’t let you succeed and won’t let you get what you want legally. For example being an engineer working as a technician, they won’t let you switch department. I will share my experience, i this worked in weathyabu dhabi for 1.5 years, i got job offer from engineering department but my manager didn’t give me release letter which ruined my career at weatherford and I resigned.
Pros
No free lunch or anything.
Cons
Healthcare, insurance, convenience, transportation.
September 29, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. At Weatherford, we believe that in order to perform to potential, people need to clearly understand their role, the goals of the organization, and how those goals translate into individual objectives. Our Leadership and Management teams strive to provide the coaching, mentorship and guidance needed for our organization and employees to succeed. We are sorry to hear that you feel we did not meet that expectation and continually endeavor to learn and improve from feedback such as this.
Weatherford was the perfect company for transitioning from field to management for me. They had great respect for knowledge, experience and people in general. They were extremely serious about career development.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Late
The department where I am working for is very flexible and understands the need of the employees. They provide trainings to be competent to the job. They give opportunities to everyone. It is great working Weatherford.
Technologically ahead company but frequent changes in organisation leaves no safety for your job position. Salary is comparatively better, but don't expect any further growth atleast in my feild of engineering.
Great work place with a greater work force and really good perks if you are talented . Have a good chance to climb up the ladder with the career path in place
It was a good place to work as I had good lead Engineers to support. I joined ad senior Engineer and became Lead Engineer to mange complete civil and Structural activities along with coordination with construction and Commissioning activities.
Pros
Good benefits like kids education and medical
Cons
Job security
The company need time to pickup again we worked hard in our product line but we are facing difficulties to move on with the winning projects and opportunities
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad stability
Good Company, great experience. I got a lot of experience which improve my skills and helped me to grow in my careers, received Oracle training and others training. The only problem is the commuting facilities.
Pros
Great
Cons
Out of State
Weatherford was a struggling company during my tenor. The division I worked for lacked leadership and had no clear plan forward. This created an environment uncertainty for the team, especially since the president of our division was very reactionary and had a shoot from the hip type of management style.
Pros
Cons
Lack of job security
A good company to work for, appreciate the knowledge and skills. Need to focus on management improvements, system optimization. The company need to work on hiring process as well and apply more screening.
Although Weatherford is the first point of my career entry to the corporate world and I was kind of new to the industry, in no time I could figure that it is more of a family affair there where everyone is some how connected to the other one. Not much of a diversity which is a factor for me I would say.
Very supportive Management helping you achieve work-life balance. Job culture is also great. Salaries and benefits are one of the best in the industry. Great International experience
Professional workplace, where you work with fun and enhanced your knowledge in multi department and their courses are great, it is continuous learning
Good people with ever changing leadership. The company has an aggressive growth plan which did not work well with company profile. I enjoyed the challenges.
Overall the Oil & Gas Service complies (i.e. Schlumberger, Halliburton, Weatherford & others) are straggling in the long downturn of the oil. Weatherford in deed has, its own challenges due to the debit burden. Which was the result of a lot of merger & acquisition over the last 10 years, without proper due diligence & integration. As the result we left with 30 payroll system and multi ERPs and very different & challenging process in each filed. Working in Weatherford is very interesting as you have challenge everyday and improvement is continues process with a lot of opportunities.
Pros
Lots of opportunities
Cons
Work life balance
Where the community system gets start in jobs so downfall will be must there.,....same has been done in Weatherford abudhabi... I hope in all weatherford not happening like this...
Pros
All benefits
Cons
8-10hours
I learnt a lot at Weatherford but the work culture needs some serious improvement. Management doesn't get too involved in decision making processes and leave all responsibilities in mid level managers
Pros
Good salaries
Cons
no work/life balance
Weather ford is a multinational company. It provides the work life balance and diversity. The remuneration paid is also very good based on your skill set, qualification and experience.
Pros
Diverse culture
Cons
I've spent 15 years in this company, during this time I have occupied different positions. this allowed me to acquire a lot of knowledge and experience.
  1. Job Security & Advancement