Weatherford

Weatherford Culture reviews

Weatherford is having a good working atmosphere. I learned how to improve soft skills and work on interpersonal skills. The hardest part of the job was to meet deadlines. The overall culture is good.
Pros
Free lunches
January 19, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the work environment and improved valuable skills while working at Weatherford. We have great people, so it is important to us that we provide our employees with organizational opportunities through mentoring, as well as challenging and enriching career paths. While we may operate all over the world, we are one team, one family, One Weatherford.
Best company I worked I the Middle East,ultimate employee rights in some issues like safety,harrasment etc,competitive salary and facilities in the region.excellent manufacturing engineers, planners, CAM programming team, Qc policy,procedures outstanding.in my point of view mid management team damaging the Weatherford legacy by implementing cheap so called savings and achievements.even though this cons is there but the company is superb.
Pros
Competitive salary in the region, excellent safety standards and rights
Cons
Mid management
It is really great international company, i learned a lot of things in my career and my general life with very proficient team, the workplace culture is very impressive because you will meet different nationalities.
January 19, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Collaboration at all levels of our organization is important -- in fact, it is one of our core values. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. Each of us yields a different perspective, past experiences, and ideas. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
- Have to fast thinkers - Have to be really hard working and creative. - Ready to outperform and excel in your department to move ahead. - Good peer group and well diversified culture. - Time management is the critical part.
good market position in industry for services has a large source of knowledge and special tools, competitive pricing you can learn a lot in a short time frame, plus the name weatherford adds weight to your resume
Pros
on time salary
Cons
managed by Houston
September 10, 2020
Thank you for your review. We have great people, so it is important to us that we provide our employees with organizational opportunities through mentoring and defined career paths.
Found most unproffessional management in Oil service companies, Total politics. Management is totally unprofessional, Hire nd fire Policy. No ethical policies
Pros
Somewhat good Salary
Cons
Hire and fire policy
Working environment in Weatherford is a multi-cultured , highly safety oriented. A typical days work is busy and work oriented with safety first. workplace environment is with a team spirit.
Enjoyed my tenure working with Weatherford. Very co-operative and friendly mangement and staff of various cultures. No pressure from management as long as you complete the given tasks on a timely basis
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Flexible working hours
usually start the day at 5am, tried accomplishing tasks without having to run my head into the concrete walls around my work area ! i learned never to trust the natives to get almost anything done..... and.... when you did find a competent native,the other native would do anything to sabotage his/or her work workplace culture was such that i was able to learn arabic on my coffee breaks with the local staff most enjoyable part of the job was the good friends i made with the local people we interacted with
Pros
heat/ sand
Cons
heat/ sand
Very supportive Management helping you achieve work-life balance. Job culture is also great. Salaries and benefits are one of the best in the industry. Great International experience
Professional workplace, where you work with fun and enhanced your knowledge in multi department and their courses are great, it is continuous learning
Working at Weatherford was really fun. I was in a lot of pressure in delivering results. But to work under pressure was challenging & tiring, I have learned how to manage my time for my work & family.
I learnt a lot at Weatherford but the work culture needs some serious improvement. Management doesn't get too involved in decision making processes and leave all responsibilities in mid level managers
Pros
Good salaries
Cons
no work/life balance
Weather ford is a multinational company. It provides the work life balance and diversity. The remuneration paid is also very good based on your skill set, qualification and experience.
Pros
Diverse culture
Cons
work as an engineer was great. the problem back then was management and weatherford was acquiring to many companies and they started having cash problems from the rapid expansion and low sales vs the oil price drop. the country manager was great when joined and i still try to stay in touch with him, probably the best boss i had. but then he left and all he ll broke loose. the salaries are average for that field but not bad and the work load wasnt that much back then. I would recommenced working there
Pros
culture
One of the competitive oilfield companies in the market. On the favorable side, you will be exposed to hierarchy of Management, deal with international suppliers, and on a good year of performance expect a months of total salary as bonus. On the downside, between the years of 2004-2008, the finance and sales divisions were mostly of paskitani decent. The financial controller , a Pakistani, hired his relatives and his contacts, and occupied management roles and positions. Most of them could not even speak English. I guess things have changed now.
Pros
Good work Exposure
Cons
Pakistani Management in Dubai, Urdu is the spoken Language
My day at work was extremely busy in compiling technical and commercial proposals, pre-qualifications, pre&post tender clarifications etc. for Drilling services product line, Compiling multiple product lines tenders is the most important part of tender which I learned. Company is professionally managed. Work place culture is very sporting. There were holidays and I was asked to submit 3 tenders to customers urgently which I did successfully, This part was the hardest Coordinating with customers and internal staff is the most enjoyable part of the job. Also added to it it document control job,
Pros
Some of the perks offered to me
Cons
Will discuss personally
Work culture in Weatherford is nice. I work with nice people. I had a lot of opportunities to learn and implement my ideas for the betterment of the company.
regular days are typical work days without any further changes. every day is a learning day, specially on work you never know what new is coming. management plays an important roles in employees work and their thoughput work place culture should be clam but not so silence, rather sometimes a crack of joke or a talk can levitate work progress. job is job, hardest and easiest parts are all part of it and flow with ease once done successfully, most enjoyable part when u got less work and pretend to go on with work load for a day!
Weatherford was a great company where there were many challenges as its strategy was based on growth by acquisitions. Many acquisitions needed very much flexibility to changes and very active business develpment for the share holders to see their return the investment! Much fun. However, there was a change in senior management where they changed the whole culture and instead of leading by objectives, it became so subjective and separate groups instead of one team. Differentiation based on race and nationality not on productivity lead to leaving the company after 13years and the company started to fell down to a very bad situation that it is currently at. Feeling sorry for such a great organization to fell apart.
Pros
Leading by objectives, working as a team
Cons
Stressful, growth by acquisition challenges
Worked with day to day challenges and learned to work under pressure with multi cultured management. to be standby on 24 hours 7 days a week availability.
Pros
Free lunches, family days, sports events
Cons
Late sittings and less breaks