Weatherford

Weatherford Employee Reviews in Abu Dhabi

Weatherford is having a good working atmosphere. I learned how to improve soft skills and work on interpersonal skills. The hardest part of the job was to meet deadlines. The overall culture is good.
Pros
Free lunches
Official response from Weatherford
January 19, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the work environment and improved valuable skills while working at Weatherford. We have great people, so it is important to us that we provide our employees with organizational opportunities through mentoring, as well as challenging and enriching career paths. While we may operate all over the world, we are one team, one family, One Weatherford.
I’m working with Weatherford Laboratories as PVT Engineer from May 2014 to present. My job responsibility is conducting PVT studies of crude oil sample which includes single stage flash test, separator test, differential liberation test, high pressure viscosity measurement etc. Now I’m looking for a better opportunity in petroleum field which will help me to enhance my skills and knowledge in different areas of the industry like reservoir engineering, production services etc. I have graduated in Chemical Engineering from National Institute of Technology- Calicut. After my Graduation, fuelled by my interest, I opted for Post Graduate studies in the domain of Petroleum engineering and now I would like to build up my career in a field that has enchanted me. I am familiar with a host of software used in the industry including 1) PARADIGM_ECHOS (Seismic Processing), 2) ECLIPSE (Reservoir Simulation), 3) PIPESIM (Production Design and Analysis), 4) PETREL (Seismic Interpretation and Building reservoir model). With a deep interest in Petroleum engineering, I am confident that if given an opportunity to work with you, I would be able to excel in this domain and further develop my skills by learning from the Industry. I can work under pressure and in extreme environments. I am ever open to continuous learning and also a firm believer of the saying ‘To stagnate is to die’.
It is a very good organization and having good working culture.
I'm an energetic,hard worker Chemical engineer,my aim is to build a career that offers challenge and growth with opportunities to enrich my knowledge and skills while contributing my best to the organization I work for. Moreover,i did a six months internship in weatherford laboratories in Abu Dhabi,been exposed,learned and accomplished all the core analysis tests.
• Daily Status Changes update for the Repair/ Inspection details of Departments • Monitoring & Updating the Asset Movements after verifying the serial to Rig/ other districts/ third party locations • Verifying each serial number for the tools going for job, and anomalies if any to be forwarded to the concerned. • Resolves issue before the mobilization, through proper follow ups. • Conducting physical verification for importing shipments with serial numbers while arrives the yard/ workshop, followed by receipt in WAM the same day. • Also the receipt needs to be confirmed by the concerned Dept Supervisor. • The received tools’ details need to be checked in JDE for the availability and if unavailable, the details with serial# / JDE item number to be forwarded for adding them to JDE. • Export Requests are to be prepared and sent to the Logistics team for any shipment that need to go out of UAE. • To avoid any delays, the shipment details (except the weight/ dims) to be passed to Logistics to process the CI soonest possible. • Shipments may be prepared with the proper packing/ crating with the help of the Yard Team. • For all exports, need to check and make sure the right tool with the right serial number leaves the shop. • There are serial numbers getting washed out at times; in case of any worn out or unclear numbers for the collars/ inserts, physically confirm the number and arrange to re-punch the tool with the right one before it’s assigned for the next job. • For the tools under Temporary Import that have to be returned/ re-exported, need to make sure they’re - more...
1) Pressure test for Hydraulic & Hydrostatic for all kind of Well control tools. 2) How to maintain some kind of BHA & BOP. 3) Customer requirments. 4) Good communications & give correct guidence. 5) Nipple - up & testing on rig site. 6) Own intrest is most valuable.
team captain of football +2 passed in management along computer science and I have a experience in hospitality field such as a team captain of hotel crew members and have a experience of waiter and I have 3years of experience in the field of office boy and I also have been worked in a different departmental store and ware houses too
Pros
free breakfast lunch and dinner
Cons
full time 12 houre
Work hours will take 9 hours including lunch time,learn more about liner hanger tools and working principle .our management are very close to ours for job team work and enjoyable.we will co-operators and co-ordinates with our co workers for the doubts and discussion about tools.Hardest part of the job is when we are facing a lot of job,we need to stay at more time than normal working hours.
Pros
separate canteen for whole department
Everyday starts with some dynamic challenge and by end of the day there is always things that I feel I learn and this is what keeps me motivated.
Pros
Free Lunch, Lot to learn Technically, good timing in Engineering
Cons
Poor Payer
Work with passion and emotion Manage 2 colleagues they are directly reporting to me Dealt with Corporate Auditors Reporting to various managers on regularly basis etc
A routine work is not challenging and not learned instead frustrated. Management doesn't care the employees Not supportive, selfish and no teamwork. Im not enjoying working, hardest part of the job No enjoyable part of the job
Pros
housing and transportation allowance
Cons
short break, poor healthcare benefits
I have a thorough knowledge of various machining processes used on the shop floor & different types of threads used in products such as Unified, Metric, Acme, Stub Acme, NPT, API 7-2 & 5B, New Vam,Vam Top ability to ensure that products & services
It is enjoyable working with that kind of company with a nice experienced. Learned things outside from my profession. Able to learned, to understand, and to communicate with different nationalities well. The Management is good but lack of transparancy on their plans for the workers. Hardest part of the job is to understand people of different attitude.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours on the road
1. Typical day at work is When i'm in location or rig2. I've learned more self confidenc3. Management they care about thier employees4.We worked as a Team5. When i'm alone during our shift encountered malfunction or oue Equipment6. The enjoyable part of our job is, when we are finished the operation and no shutting down or downtime and back to the based.
I’m looking for good opportunity, Mangament wise this company is so poor as well there is no strategy no planes no profesinality.
Weatherford Manufacturing and Services LLC is one of the Weatherford's biggest suppliers of oil and gas equipments all over the world. We are processing the enquiries/quotes/orders on a timely manner, making sure that the response to customers' query is always on time or without delay. The management ensure the safety of all the employees, the quality of the finished products and the integrity of the company. The hardest part of the job most commonly obtained from an external factor such as our vendors, subcontractors, and suppliers. As we are also dependant from them, the schedule delivery we are giving to our customer does really based on them. Thus, a delay from their side is also a delay from our end. The most enjoyable part of the job is we are dealing all over the world, supplying products to a different countries and more importantly, we are gaining a relationships with our customers.
The money is really good but it comes at a hefty price.Work life balance doesn't exist, No career advancement opportunities what so ever& very poor management.
Helps you to grow with challenges, hard work n dedication to achieve goals in work pressure. Build confidence to work with global customer and their needs..Its great working with ADM manufacturing.
Pros
free lunches, overtime..
Cons
long hours more then that travelling pain for 4 to 5 hrs in a day from resi to work .