Weatherford

Weatherford Employee Reviews in Abu Dhabi

Weatherford is having a good working atmosphere. I learned how to improve soft skills and work on interpersonal skills. The hardest part of the job was to meet deadlines. The overall culture is good.
Pros
Free lunches
Official response from Weatherford
January 19, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the work environment and improved valuable skills while working at Weatherford. We have great people, so it is important to us that we provide our employees with organizational opportunities through mentoring, as well as challenging and enriching career paths. While we may operate all over the world, we are one team, one family, One Weatherford.
It was a very nice effective period where many skills and work whys procedures were developed.Got introduced to Drilling Services, Laboratory Services, Petroleum Consulting, Well Construction (Cementing Products, Drilling Tools and Rental Equipment), Production Department (Artificial Lift Systems, Automation and Control, Flow Measurement, Production and Reservoir Monitoring, Pump and Fluid Systems and finally been placed in the Completion and Simulation specifically the open and case tool completion department where tye whole process of Lower Completions, Sand Control and Upper Completions been introduced in addition to all equipment used in all stages of the completion process.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Productive up to 12 Million $, On Time Delivery, Always preferring Safety First, Zero Non Conformity on all Products, Six Sigma applied on all day to day work, etc..
It is really fun to work with our colleagues on mega tenders and projects. Weatherford is willing to fund and train employees to achieve the highest level of competency, and believe in their own employees. Management is not overly well organized.
Monitoring daily production activates ,working with safety and quality, meets on time delivery and customer satisfaction, involving shop floor activities
i am very happy to say about weatherford , if anybody get a chance to work weatherford , dont waste time ,join immediately . very good company , world class ranking company . everything is in systematic. No compromise in quality, safety and company policy .very good and experienced employees
Good company to start off your career, will learn a lot on oil field equipments, and oil / gas drilling in general. People are well educated and know how to explain any questions or misunderstanding .
Pros
Great money, a lot of experience to learn
Cons
Harsh environment
I joined Weatherford as a fresh graduate. It is a very good place to work for a graduate engineer. Meeting a lot of experienced professionals, learning a lot about the industry, it is a great wonderful experience.
Pros
A good place to learn
Cons
challenging, skills, concentration, dedication, focus, consideration, team work, different nationalities. working under time pressures, in the heat, shift work
Good Training Facility Supportive Management. Emphasis to Quality Health and Safety. Continuous Evaluation of Employees. Always Reachable and supportive Higher Management.
Weatherford is one of the largest international oil and natural gas service companies. The company provides products and services for drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention of oil and natural gas wells, along with pipeline construction and commissioning .
I started work with the morning meeting (tool Box Talk) with all operators and helpers. Start a quick rounding of all along the shop floor and identify any problems and stoppages. During the problem solving , I mentally prepare next job planning for the machines. Have a short meeting with the big Boss and make him happy with the late night out put and the upcoming planned jobs and a passage of ideas on any critical and urgent parts. I learned a lot from this company to accomplish a good working atmosphere and grab a good efficiency. My co workers was very well behaved and was competitive. Hardest Part of the job was to allocate job for each when there is very less work and make the work shop busy. The enjoyable part was to develop new parts, new licensing and getting finished the very urgent jobs when there is already have no space in the machine planned hours.
You are always in a ready mode to answer management questions. I learned to mange co workers, listen and interact to them. Always after achieving revenue. Enjoyed presenting material to clients and co workers.
Pros
reduced price lunches
Cons
pressure to acheive revenues
Its a good place to work. Colleagues are cooperative.Management is good,but there is no job security. As a manufacturing facility, if there are no orders then there is no job security
Pros
Free Pick & Drop & Company lunch on cheap rates
Cons
Long working hours & long travelling to office
During my 9 years with Weatherford I've learnt a lot and worked in harsh environments and tough conditions, worked under pressure and learnt how to manage my time and my crew, a typical day includes working a 12 hours shift deviating the well bore according to the given plan, I enjoy the drilling operations and the challenges that come within.
Pros
long vacations
Cons
harsh conditions
Its a nice to work with other nationalities from this company. The working environment is good as well since you are surrounded by people who are very good at what they do and they are easy to work with. The company also provide you opportunities to learn by providing training related to work.
as a team, the members are great to work with. Management however manages to ruin most of the companies work most of the time.
- May have to sit long hours -Gained good experience working in various positions -Work force, a mix from different regions
Pros
Salary on time
Cons
WFT is a good company to work with but there is not criteria for career progression. If you know someone up in the food chain you get promotion or else get stuck at the same place.
case to case and situation basis, on issues, such as late deliveries, non conformance, etc.There are high's and low times, Learned to be flexible on any situatin, adopt and resolve issues and/or concerns. Co-Workers are freindly and helpful, but there will always be co-workers that are hard to please. Hardest part of the job is when a particular part of Job or order are delayed, either from any root cause such as deliveries, non conformance, etc. Mos enjoyable part of the Job is when you deliver customer orders in time which means a revenue for the company
Pros
Mostly friendly people
Cons
May need to work by night due to location and time difference and urgency
assembly the drilling tool and dismendel the tool and repair the tool
Pros
drilling tool