Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 229,429 reviews matching the searchSee all 229,431 reviews

productive and harworking

enjoyable and flexible to work with them,making costomers happy and ordering some garments items.displaying all items and helping my coworkers to.thankyou .

It was a fine first job

I got hired instantly. Basically no training was given. Policies were constantly being changed, it was hard to keep up since I only worked one shift per week. Airpods were allowed while I was working. Coworkers were overall friendly, but there were some creeps that I didn’t feel comfortable talking to higher ups about since they were friends with the higher ups.

Inconsistent, overworked

Turnover is always high, even in management, so you'll lose anyone you have that's good, and so you basically have to fend for yourself because no one will be around to help you, overtime ends up being necessary because of call-outs and bad management, it goes all the way up to corporate - I don't think they know how the stores actually function because they are constantly implementing new things without teaching, transitioning, or even a good reason for it at all. Especially in OPD, (Online Pickup & Delivery) the system is constantly being changed up without warning and you go through cycles of dismantling the way the entire department runs and rebuilding from the ground up, it's exhausting and confusing. You can keep a position for a while if you have a good manager and more stable department, they pay relatively well (but the yearly pay raise doesn't keep up with the new hire wages/inflation at all). The chance of getting a promotion or even just some recognition for a job well done is so low it may as well be a lottery. The benefits are okay for full time workers, the health insurance is expensive though.

Fun workplace and flexibility

Fun workplace, flexibility with work schedule, and great benefits. Tuition reimbursement and trainings provided. Managers care and help keep the place running smoothly.

Great place but doesn’t follow culture

Good people management ignored safety call outs maintenance department never fixed equipment properly Only advancement is if you we’re a cute girl or the managers homie lots of double standards

great benefits

great place to start first job, advancing can be easy but tiring over time. cheap and affordable benefits. always learning something new everyday. Management can be difficult at times

Easy job

Its a super easy job, you cant beat it here! The management is not the best but as long as you do your work. You should be good! Managers aren’t the best but they are understanding and nice

Stressful Environment but Easy Work

Little support from most managers coupled with a huge workload while handling customers makes this a stressful workplace. The pay and the benefits are atleast decent.

Stepping Stone Job

the pay is okay for what it is, the customers make me hate my life and the management is the cherry on top of that. when corporate comes around everyone in a supervision role will actually do their job but other than that done expect it

Pros

pay, poor management so you can get away with anything

Cons

poor management so you can get away with anything

Fun environment, Good pay

Most people I worked with were extremely friendly and helpful, the work was quite easy once you learned everything and could be fun sometimes, the pay was very good and plenty of opportunities for overtime.

walmart is walmart

easy brainless job. managers have egos. Not the best place to work unless you need to money. They try to create a fake culture of employee unity. its all a farse. managers WILL exploit you as soon as they have a opportunity.

Very productive for the overnight staff

Very productive for staff working on the overnight crew. You work together to get the job done not a lot of fun people to hang with but who wants to talk when you’re on the night crew. If you are a social butterfly I would definitely not suggest you join the night crew. My complaints about Walmart in general is the so called training videos you have to watch before you can start basically we’re a waste of time most of the training went on while working. Some of the videos were interesting but most were irrelevant. My biggest complaint is the lunch room for a company like Walmart they don’t provide anything like fruit or bread like most grocery places. And the night shift they may do 90% of the work but are often looked down at just for working the shift

Pros

Employee discounts

Cons

No lunchroom freebies aka fruit or bread or anything

Fun workplace

Fun place to work at and you get to meet a lot of new people. What I really like about this job is that when there’s downtime in your department you get to help in other areas, so you are never stuck in one department all the time.

Productive and fun

Loved it. Great team, great hours, great pay.Hated, the drama and disorganization, reward bad employees and punish the good. Fun other than that. Good for a first or second job. Not a career

Productive workplace with terrible management

Never got time off when needed. Managers were rude as well as coworkers. I did stay busy often though and had fun cashiering not so nice people aside.

Pros

Productive, fast-paced

Cons

bad management

good first job

this company is good for a student or someones first job. they are very flexible with hours. theres a lot of room for advancement. this is retail so things are always changing.

Boring

Good if you like routine, but it could be better if the management took care of their employees, rather than only caring about numbers and time. Only caring about numbers ends up with upset employees.

Very active

Fast pace and easy to get used to. Easy to understand directions from management. Straightforward tasks, and always customers to help in their shopping experience

Productive and fun place to work!

Your work balance will definitely be taken into consideration. They offer flexible scheduling and time requests off. They also provide exceptional training to ensure you're work prepared.

Horrible place to work.

Management never know what’s going on or what they’re doing it’s shame that most regular employees know more than they’re own manager. They will take advantage of you if you're a good employee!! That’s what made me run out of that place, they always expected you to go above and beyond without any appreciation or recognition.

Chill but can get annoying

Certain managers will go on a power trip every once in a while and act like they own the place other than that good pay for what the job is and chill people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Walmart