Walgreens

Walgreens Employee Reviews

Showing all 38,785 reviews

Overworked and Underpaid

Working in the pharmacy was quite the learning experience. Pretty much all of the training is on the job and you just learn by doing and asking questions. If you need to learn differently, then this job is not for you. You can be understaffed a lot which gets a lot of patients angry with you not realizing how many tasks you have to keep tabs on. There are rarely any moments to breathe between tasks but usually your coworkers are very supportive and understanding because no one else will be. Prepare to have no energy after a shift.

Pros

flexible availability

Cons

worst combination of retail and healthcare, underpaid

Fun place

Very busy always be on your toes !! Great location fun employees super busy during holidays and back to school season overall great for first timers employees

Stressful pharmacy tech work

We were constantly short staffed thanks to poor district management. Didnt get much time to learn trainings before being thrown into the pharmacy. Everyone was always stressed out including customers, we were always behind on filling. Most people didn't take their 15-minute breaks. I was discouraged from taking mine by being asked to make it quick every time, even though I really needed the time to relax and not lose my mind. So happy I quit!

It's okay

It's okay job for a college student. The pay was low. If you are short of staff you will definitely be there by yourself. Had to stay overtime for some weekends when we had a promotion we were running.

It's a good job to have but not much room at all for advancement in career

It's a good job to have but not much room at all for advancement in career. Also customers can be very rude. Walgreens isn't the best option, gets very boring.

Starting as a CSA and moving to Shift Lead over 6 years

I've worked for the company for 6 years so I know it pretty well, but needless to say I am trying desperately to get out. I'm not the only one either, essentially my entire staff is currently applying for jobs elsewhere. Management is fine (although the district managers couldn't care less), the day-to-day tasks are beyond boring and monotonous, sometimes your coworkers are fine but other times they will make you want to scream, so it's hit or miss. The customers are awful and you're expected to sit there and get berated with a smile on your face. At my store we have a saying, "Corner of overworked and underpaid", because that's exactly what it is and it's my biggest issue. They don't pay anyone fairly compared to other stores that do the same thing we do and any raise you've worked hard to earn (which is almost never more than $0.25 every year) gets thrown out the window if they raise the minimum wage. With that being said, even though I've worked hard for 6 years, I am getting the minimum wage for a manager. The company does not care about its employees in the slightest, the pay is awful, and the job itself is grueling. Please spare yourself the time and pain and do not work at a Walgreens store.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Bad pay, toxic environment, drama

I don’t like it here there’s too many elderly

Too many elderly people they need to start going to CVS instead of Walgreens plus CVS has a care spot subscription too so they need to take advantage of that.

Productive and fun workplace

Decent people decent pay . Overall Walgreens was a nice atmosphere to work in even when you had some anger customers. Yes there were stressful days but nothing to stressful. I would recommend Walgreens as good place to work to others.

Opportunities to perform various duties abound.

Each store is a bit different based on the personnel and management. I love my location for both reasons. Great atmosphere and culture. That's the good. The bad would be that I can't say the same for other locations though I see the same opportunities wherever I have worked with the company.

Good people and teams, poor resources and company support

I work with great people and have wonderful relationships with coworkers here but we are working together to get through the lack of resources. executive leaders don't care.

Pros

people, energy, constant activity

Cons

heavy corporate leadership and corporate agendas disconnected from stores

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walgreens?

Very good working environment. The work was simple, but not boring. There is a lot of room to move up in the company. There is a lot of different things to do.

Pros

Employee discount, and breaks.

Easy work

Great boss, work is easy for the pay. Everyone seems to get along well. Very laid back environment. As long as you pull your work load, management is very good to you.

Decent retail with a lot of push

The region I worked in wanted to rotate ASM every 6 months making the job almost impossible- having to rebuild a team every time you moved, learning their habits, instilling your habits. Rx was a nightmare everywhere, corporate pushes unrealistic expectations for rx and everyone in store struggles to meet them. Management spends most of their days filling scripts to keep patients orders under control. Retail side suffers drastically because of it. Everywhere is moving to the “do more with less” just gotta find a place that has the least ‘more’.

Attention at call center not the best

The first 6 months are pretty tough due to the fact pto kicks in at 6 months, you only get 5 absences a year, late/ tardy policy pretty strict, if you are 6 minutes late to work or back from breaks or lunches you get a strike. Leave any amount early you will get a strike. Three strikes in a row leads to disciplinary action.

Coworkers ok customers terrible

They throw you into the pharmacy day 1 and just expect you know everything because it is such a fast pace environment. There’s not enough workers to train you so you have to ask questions on everything for about a month. Their computer system is so outdated and the customers at the location I worked at were very rude and I was yelled at at least 5 times a day for things out of my control. Management pushed you to work more and more and didn’t want to accommodate for school or life events because they were such short staffed, but that should not be my problem to deal with. From the get go communication was terrible and their app that does the scheduling was always wrong so you would have to come in at the beginning of the week, even if you didn’t work that day, to get the correct schedule. I would request time off, for example during my finals week in college, and it was completely denied because my location needed workers (once again should not be thrown on me as my problem) and the app wouldn’t let me send it through in the first place. I only was able to work for about a year in the pharmacy until I was completely burnt out and hated coming to work every day. The pay was absolutely terrible for the amount of work that I had to do. I could barely leave to go use the restroom, and when I needed to go I had to ask the pharmacist who usually told me no?? Pretty sure that isn’t allowed…

Pros

Once a month free lunch

Cons

No breaks, rude customers, poor communication, low pay, long hours

Atrocious

Worst work experience of my professional career. Impossible metrics and suffocating micromanagement. Management is inflexible and treat you like a number rather than a person. Pay was well below average for a medium cost of living area.

Extremely toxic.

All the coworkers are tremendously rude and love to talk behind other peoples backs while in front of customers and even in front of the person in question. I followed up with the boss about this predicament and there was nothing done about it. Many times I would be standing behind register with nothing to do because task lists were routinely not filled out. Many times it was unorganized and understaffed yet my hours were cut severely after me working there for some time.

Enjoyed my job!

Awesome staff to work for!! The job is not hard work but requires paying attention to detail. The staff makes the job easy and rewarding. I miss working here!

Learning experience

This job was no different than any retail job. You have some pros which is meeting coolPeople from similar walks of life to you. Cons it’s retail same thing everyday

Not good

Rude customers. Chaotic management who don’t have your back. Overall bad place to work. Extremely understaffed most days unable to fully help customers.

Good place to work if you're just a cashier

Don't work here to be a shift lead or higher, for you will be unfairly paid and be expected to do the work of multiple people. Always short staffed and the store manager doesn't care to help out their team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Walgreens
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?