VidaCann

VidaCann Employee Reviews

Not a great place

They don't work with you, make promises they don't keep, list goes on. Some of the employees were great to work with. But a few not so much. Good way to get food in industry, but don't stay long.

Not the Worst

I feel it's one of the better options in Florida. Smaller sometimes hurts not as much innovation but it benefits also. Coworkers and good people make it easy. Your Manager is the biggest thing.

Solid Company

Solid company that cares about it's customers. If you really want to help people, then this is the place to work. That's why this company started, to help those that need it most.

Get your experience then move on quick.

Best utilized as an entry into the industry. No program in place for associate review or advancement. Hit and miss as far as competent general management at store level. Typically poorly staffed, so work life balance is a joke.

Overall great company

This company has truly been great to work. I didn’t know much about them before I started, and I got lucky. Everything from the job hours to the work environment it truly wonderful!

A sinking ship

If you like giving up your tips to cover for missing product, this is the job for you. If you like fun and creative ways of complying with state requirements and accounting practices, this is your place. If you like sketchy employees selling dope on the side right out of the store, work here. The "managers" leave early every day so you will have plenty of time to waste. There is more to say, but saving it for state and federal authorities.

Pros

You get an industry discount.

Cons

Theft, illegal transactions

Nepotism

I want to help people with cannabis and this is a good place to start. Yet the nepotism and sheer ignorance in company management makes the company excruciating to work for.

I'd rather light myself on fire

If you like being overworked, underpaid and unappreciated, then this is for you. The GM didn't know anything about the product nor did they believe in it, great. The GM was barely there and when they were they didn't do anything except sit in the office all day shopping or talking while giving everyone else their tasks. Oh and the "higher up's" think the GM walks on water. District Managers, think about why so many people have quit at certain stores, it's the toxic workplace and ignorant GM's. I was constantly belittled during my time here, as well as scoffed at for requesting my PTO. Don't bother reaching out to anyone about your problems either, they'll tell your manager and do nothing about it.

Run as fast as you can .. complete garbage

If you enjoy working hard and not getting paid this is your spot. Family owned business if you arent family you arent treated the same. Worked here 3 years no raises very political company with absolutely no benefits and the worst most expensive insurance.

Pros

Its a job

Cons

Everything. This place is just an unprofessional sh@t show

Slowest dispensary with shady product.

Management is non existent and will make up “mistakes” you’ve made in order to keep a high turnover rate. Over 75% for that store. If you take this job expect to be a door man and you will be haggled about using your employee discount

Terrible place to work.

My experience was bad at Vidacann. Favoritism was huge there, if you weren’t close to the managers, they didn’t speak to you. Everyone was fake nice. The employees sat around and talked bad about every customer who was about to walk inside. The scheduling was terrible, one day you open, the next you close, the next you open, the next you work all day, they’ll work you 7 days in a row and give you one day off and the next week it’s completely different, god forbid you have a life outside of Vidacann. They tell you what you wanna hear to keep you on until they don’t need you anymore. I’ve worked at a healthy dispensary before and this one is not that at all, I recommend choosing a different dispensary if you’re wanting to step into the cannabis industry unless you want a lifetime of uncomfort at a badly ran dispensary.

Pros

Pay, lunches

Cons

No benefits, no full time, bad management, favoritism

Stepping stone

Patients are mostly elderly, spending hours sitting on your phone between them is the hardest part of the job. Absolutely zero training on products & company, we taught ourselves.

Pros

Plenty of phone time

Cons

Utter boredom

Not a Place to Thrive

There is a lot of distrust between upper management and the lower level workers. It’s always assumed that you’re stealing company time or product. Compensation is not enough for the amount of work expected. They also require you get vaccinated and will terminate you if you don’t.I loved working to help people find relief. It was satisfying to have customers come back and tell me how much the product has helped them. The manager of the location I worked at the time was amazing and passionate about his job and cared about his team.

Pros

Helping those find relief with alternative medicine

Cons

Poor compensation, hired too many people and cut hours, distrust from upper management

Productive workplace with room to grow

Not sure why the other reviews state there is no room to grow. Vidacann has expanded their full time positions in the stores and even at part time you are working 30 hours/week. I was recently just promoted to full time after working here for a year. I received increased vacation and sick time. I also have the option for health insurance if I want it. Plus the employee discount is AMAZING! Its a close knit team and the patients are the best.

Pros

Employee discount, small/close knit team

Bad management effected everything

Upper management is an old boys system. Everything rolls downhill from there. They care little to nothing about workers in the dispensary. They fire people without reason and show no people skills

Pros

Working with cannabis

Cons

Bad management, no benefits

It’s alright

Nothing bad and nothing good. Just kind of a meh job. If you’re looking for a quick move up or a place that you want to be at for a long time, this is not the place for you. It’s not a supportive company.

Bad

In my opinion terrible place to work with how they run things at the top. Product is terrible, managers don’t know much, and you pretty much feel like a number working there. Promotions? Full time? Not unless you know someone who’s friends with the owner or the very top. Found way better places who pay more and treat you like a real person. Overall dishonest company in my opinion who don’t care about their workers nor what they’re selling

Pros

Cons

No healthcare, no full time, no opportunity to grow unless you know someone

All about who you know not what you know

I started here with so much hope and excitement, It didn't take long for that to go away. True colors of the company showed in a short time if you don't know anyone at the top you.wont.go.anywhere. Do not waste your time here the favoritism is insane. If you're young they use you until you're dry and make false promises to keep you working. Unless you know somebody at the top you wont go anywhere here. There are many other dispensary's that treat their employees fairly and respectfully that offer way better benefits. Here there practically No Full Time, No Benefits, No work life balance,Everyone is connected with someone and those people never get reprimanded properly. So many better and more ethical companies out there.

Pros

Discount

Cons

No Healthcare, No Full Time, Required Vacine Status, No respect, Managers dont know anything, Bad scheduling, Favoritism, All higher ups got there from knowing someone at top

I would never recommend this place.

Vidacann is a place where knowledge and hard work go unnoticed, the only way to move up in this company is to be friends with someone in a higher up position. Everyone in corporate is a friend of a friend there is favoritism in the company and it shows. The managers will tell you what you want to hear just to keep you working there. If you are looking to get your foot in the door at a cannabis company look elsewhere. I don’t see this place lasting much longer with all the other competition around they have the least amount of products than any other dispensary and the stores are dead half the time. All the products they have are Distillate based no real concentrates or anything.

Pros

Got experience for resume

Cons

Pretty much everything

Nice place, nice people...good place

Relaxed work environment, friendly staff. Great cannabis to patient experiences. I am able to really spend time with the patients and find out what works best for them and is extremely rewarding in that sense. Otherwise, it feels like a corporation like any other big corporation

Pros

Relaxed, Fun and friendly and able to devote quality time with patients

Cons

Training system, there is none, Have to wait three years before even considered for benefits if you are lied by your manager

so much to say, but in summary..

I worked on the farm for a year & a half. When I started, I loved the job. I was part of the original team that helped develop the SOPs & truly looked forward to coming into work every day. By the time that I left, however, expectations for production were ridiculous. We were expected to spin gold from scraps. The physical & mental intensity of the job increased, our team numbers decreased, & the raise that I was promised at 3 different points in time never came. I was very sad to leave VidaCann. When it was good, it was the best. When it was bad, it was the worst. It came to a head when I realized that it was taking such a severe toll on my mental health being there. I miss my coworkers & I miss the work I was doing, but since I've left, I have been so much healthier. VidaCann has the potential to be great - the employees are some of the most amazing people I've ever met, & they want to do good work - but if management continues the way that it does, I believe it will only continue to worsen.

Pros

Amazing coworkers, flexible schedule, variety of work

Cons

management, poor pay, unsafe working conditions, job insecurity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VidaCann. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• VidaCann