Vanguard logo

Vanguard Employee Reviews for Transaction Processing Associate

Transaction Processing Associate32 reviews

Found 32 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,526 reviews

Good benefits and time off. Stressful place to work.

Management requires perfect work and productivity with poor training. The time off and the benefits are good. But management does not seem to care about you.

Pros

Partnership bonus

Cons

Stressful

They only care about numbers

While working at this role, I won’t be able to get up from chair for a break other than the two 15 min break and 1 hour lunch, they keep track of every second of your work. The metrics system is too tight.. you have to answer the TL even if you were not locked to a case for 2 min. There is zero flexibility. Poor training, The trainers don’t know themselves what they are doing and disgrace the top management. We are just a number for them. If the numbers are low you will be kicked out from the job soon. Work life balance is zero. Pay is very less.

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

Micro Management, less pay, unpaid leaves, poor training

Great company

Great company to work for! They recognize hard work and there is a lot of room for advancement. Training was very thorough and there were classes held to learn new job skills

Pros

Free lunches, great people

Cons

Sometimes it’s very busy

Good place to work...if right out of college

Great place to work if looking for an entry level position and you are just out of college or looking for temporary work. Depending on the department you work in will determine how long you want to stay. Great place to start a career, just get into the right department there. If not, you will know it and will be let go.

Good to learn

The benefits are great, but at the cost of salary. Annual increases are very low and promotion options are limited to get to senior and very, very limited after that.

Pros

Good home/life balance

Cons

Pay

Vanguard

I love to work over there. The only problem I had was the distance and the low pay. The work was not difficult. There was not a lot of support when questions asked. I was contracted at the time, so I decided to go to work closer home.

Fast paced

When I first started we had mandatory overtime, but the company brought in free breakfast, lunch and dinner for us. The company is very thoughtful of its employees, and health benefits, vacation and sick time start on day 1. The work can be very stressful because transactions needed to be processed by 4pm (stock market closing time) no matter what.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Very fast paced

A great place to work, but it is fast paced

I enjoy the company and the products they offer. But it is fast paced and can be high stress. It can take a certain type to work there. Just be aware of that before applying.

Great place to work as a contractor...

Although I was a contract employee, some of the best training I've received in my career in finance came from Vanguard. Management sees the value in front line associates which is something almost unheard of in today's corporate environment.

Pros

Great cafeteria, Management encourages collaboration

Cons

A place to learn, but not to stay long-term

I applied to Vanguard right out of college and worked in an entry-level role for a year and a half before leaving. Vanguard's training is extensive in breadth and depth. However we used very little of what we learned in our actual work, and our securities licenses may have been a waste. Managers often tell employees to refer to dense and poorly organized "policies and procedures" manuals, or must do so themselves, rather than answering questions directly. Much of Vanguard is an inbound call center, and work is monotonous. Pay is hourly and an employee's time is hyper-controlled. There is not much "financial work" to be had here. More creative and involved roles would require eventual relocation (after at least a few years of near perfect metrics) to Pennsylvania. Pay is low for the industry, although benefits and PTO are both generous. A fair portion of employees (even leaders) lack bachelor's degrees. Vanguard may be a good career launchpad and financial education center, but perhaps not the most gainful place to work long-term.

Pros

Benefits and PTO -- Training -- Campus Amenities -- Sign-on bonus

Cons

Uncompetitive Salary -- Unchallenging Work -- Under-qualified Managers -- Poorly Organized Systems

never consider institutional ops

If you care anything about your job and how it is done or the integrity this company is supposed to have, it was never recognized and actually caused more problems. If you spoke up about a procedural mistake or inefficiency, unless you were one of the chosen few to advance in the dept, you were not taken seriously. Favoritism is on steroids there, and very, VERY few qualified/hard working people are actually promoted. Many talented people leave or are forced to stay in an entry-level job they absolutely hate and are devalued on a constant basis (people getting fired all around you without warning, timed breaks (to the minute, can't take break during beginning, near lunch, at end of day), constant "big brother is always watching" environment). Vanguard claims to be looking out for their clients' well-being, but from my time in RKS Ops, I would say otherwise. This ship is sinking, and I'd stay clear at all costs.

Numbers

Great place to work if you're looking for a career in Finance. The job is very technical and focused on processing financial data. Not much social interaction

Pros

Company

Cons

lack of social interaction

I was forced to retire

Processing client requests , tax statement, clerical histories, provide information on clients accounts , I learned a lot about investments and stocks , and bonds how to make good investments . The management teams were great in helping one to develop themselves in the world of investments . The culture of the office was fair live and let live .

Pros

free gifts, bonus

Cons

forced to retire before I was ready

A great place to start your career

Vanguard has an amazing workplace for people who want to start a career in finance. They are very supportive and provide a great work to life balance for crew members.

Pros

Strong supportive system, very outgoing environment and amazing work life balance. Great benefits for their employees.

Cons

N/a

Very Professional

Vanguard was a great place to work. The staff was friendly and very competitive. They wanted nothing but the best workers. I was able to build on my computer skills by working at Vanguard.

great!

I provide administrative support for Vanguard's core operations, by evaluating and fulfilling clients' incoming requests including opening new accounts, processing contributions, and related clerical work. Periodically, I contact clients directly to clarify requests or obtain further information. The work atmosphere at the Vanguard group is both inviting and motivating. I am surrounded by hard working intellectuals that help foster a tight knit community for our sector. In my future endeavors, I hope to work for and with people that value the qualities that employees at the Vanguard group exemplify.

Fun place to work for

I loved working for Vanguard. I left because of long distance drive which was affecting my personal life. I loved the place and the people. It is a very wonderful place to work.

Pros

Wonderful work environment

Cons

long drive

The Good Ship Vanguard

Vanguard is a wonderful company to work for. I left so I could pursue my masters degree in international business. Vanguard unfortunately offers no potential to work internationally, and are very much focused on domestic growth (despite what the websites say).

Pros

Benefits package, management

Cons

monotonous work, cheep-skates

Extremely boring and micro-managed

The job itself is not hard at all, but it is very tedious. Sit at a computer all day, and they keep track of every move you make!! Very unsettling work environment. Pay is not worth the time.

Very professional

Slightly shorter workdays, good benefits (401k, medical, etc.), and a professional ambiance, make Vanguard a good place for those seeking an easy, repetitive workday. I enjoyed the professional attire required everyday, the openness and professionalism of those in various departments and the healthy boost to my retirement. The hardest part was the repetition of the job and the lack of advancement opportunities.

Pros

Medical/401k benefits, overall professionalism

Cons

Low compensation, little room for advancement

Learning throughout my years working there

I had the opportunity to grow with the company and a very learning experience. They provide training for your jobs and to be able to grow to the next level.

Pros

lunch and breaks

Cons

time limit for each clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanguard. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question