Vanguard Employee Reviews for Specialist

Specialist47 reviews

Found 47 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,517 reviews

Alright place to work

The company has a bonus program that holds you through tax season to get a bonus for the previous year. Not very good pay compared to competitors. 401k is alright.

Great job, don’t go through the temp agency to get hired

The job overall I truly enjoyed. Being hired in through Randstad was difficult because the retention is so incredibly low (a class out of more than 20 people, only 4 of us stayed). So the conversion date kept getting pushed. But our PTO days stayed the same, which didn’t properly reflect our time there. If conversion happened when they say it would and didn’t continue to be pushed then I would rate the job more. I think a lot of people don’t end up staying because training doesn’t properly prepare you, and once you’re on the phones it’s like you’re thrown to the wild. I know they were working on that as I left though so hopefully they improved.

Inhumane treatment

They treat wild animals better than they do their employees. High staff turnover rate. Low pay range. No opportunity to move up unless you are in the bureaucracy.

Poor salary for the workload, great environment and people

It is unfortunate they do not hire enough people and you get burnout. The workload is too heavy. It's like working in a busy restaurant, where you don't have chance to use the bathroom.

Good company low pay

As a whole vanguard is a good place to work. They have good benefits and most of the company at this point is hybrid, work from home mon and fri and in the office tues-thurs. The main problem is the base pay. The base pay for most positions is far below the industry average and even if you do get promoted you will on get a 7% raise which doesn’t really move the needle

Work was easy.

The work was easy to do. I enjoyed what I did and those I worked with. Many clients were personable and appreciated the work we did for them. This is not the majority of the time. Clients, internal policies and campaigns, and employees made it difficult to stay.

Not the worst

A bit disorganized, a lot of employees don't know what exactly falls under their job brackets. But the company itself is not bad, okay pay, great training for series 7 and 63 licenses.

background check and fingerprinting

excessive background procesS from a 3rd party. hybrid training and prep for SIE exam before hire but pressired to past before hire. also had a very different hiring experience

Unappreciative management

After 10+ years, I left vanguard when a better opportunity presented itself. If you don’t have to work here, I encourage you not to. The management does not value the staff as people as much as they say otherwise. Look at their actions, not their words (same as their position on climate change).

Over worked

Just don’t do it. You don’t really get to use your pto and they do not care about your personal life. They give you more work and up your title but don’t want to up your pay.

The best leadership I've experienced.

I worked at Vanguard for 7 years. I was promoted within two years from an administrative role to a retirement specialist. Each Team Leader I experienced was fantastic. The company truly cares for its associates and I could not have asked for a better experience.

Pros

Management truly cares. Yearly bonus.

Cons

Typical call center expectations (times breaks, etc.). Pay could be a bit better.

The culture and inclusivity

Vanguard really cares about its employees. They are constantly growing and changing to adapt to what is going on in the world. The entry level positions in the phones are hard. Once you get your foot in the door you have a ton of opportunities to move up within the company. It’s not easy to move up though, you need to work hard and network a lot.

Pros

Benefits and 401k abs bonuses

Cons

Phone roles don’t give you much flexibility to get off them.

Remote training isnt good!

The people here are really nice. BUT training is NOT good. There are only a total of 2 weeks of training (its 3 all together I guess) and keep in mind that almost a week of that, is on the phone (Live) there is a coach there helping you thru chat but thats it. No one is on the same page with information. The trainers tell you something and then when you get with a coach (and they rotate every day so you have someone different one in the am and one in the pm) the coaches have a different answer to something. There were things that participants called and asked for that we were never taught in training and when asked it was "oh yeah we didnt really touch up on that because it doesnt happen to often"...UMMMM...this job is dealing with peoples 401K's . If someone calls and wants to take out a $50,000.00 loan, you need to know what you are doing and very little training is not good. Training needs a lot of work! If you want to have anxiety every morning then work here. Im sure there is a learning curve but I wasnt going to spend the next 6 months to a year to find out (thats what I was told by 2 of the coaches)

Pros

Really nice people to work with, good pay, remote work

Cons

Training needs work, coaches need to be on the same page, More training

Advancing is the key to happiness here.

Anyone that stays in the same role for 3 years will feel unappreciated. However changing roles is something that can happen almost every 2 years. Learning the basics of advancement is important and will definitely help every aspect of your life here.

Supportive company

It is truly diversified company, friendly environment. Benefits were great. My team leader was very knowledgeable and supportive. There were many opportunities to grow within.

discriminate against age

When you get older Vanguard finds reasons to get rid of an employee. I base this on my experience and other. Your work performance is good and then all of a sudden they start finding things that you have done wrong. My team lead was fabricating and blowing things out of proportion changing my wording on my reviews.

Great Place to work! Great for a first job right out of College

I loved it here. If you are looking for a great place to start in the finance world. Vanguard is a great place to start. They have great pay and benefits. They will teach you the ropes on what to do, and you get three months of paid licensing training.

Pros

Flexible work hours, benefits, compensation

Cons

Tax season

Bad

This company is deceiving at first like with many other companies. then you realize the pay is horrendous and the work is monotonous. please if you just graduated, just take the licences and go. While I was there there was corporate restructuring going on and we didn't even use our licnees for months bc vanguard didn't want to pay to certify us after we completed our exams. which I don't get.

A good start in finance as they will train and allow you to get certified

Vanguard has a good work life balance and the company is continually growing and trying to be a leader. Most of jobs here are in the call center taking inbound calls which can repetitive.

Good starting position

The starting positions at Vanguard are a good place to start your career. If you get licensed, you learn a lot about investing and how to manage your money.

horrible place to work

if I could give this place zero stars I would. expect to be micro managed to the extreme. be prepared for everyone there to lie to you. everyone is fake nice and is looking to lie to you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanguard. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Vanguard