Vanguard Employee Reviews for Client Specialist

Client Specialist37 reviews

Found 37 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,517 reviews

Fun environment, when in office. It can be stressful with back to back meetings at times but for the most part I enjoy my job.

What is the best part of working at the company?Love Vanguard. They value work life balance and the culture is inclusive. I love my team and what I do...my only complaint is I don't think I'm compensated adequately for what I do. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Constant changes. Management constantly makes changes without fully understanding how it affects frontline crew. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?They value work life balance and the culture is inclusive. I love my team and what I do..

Great benefits and PTO for an entry level out of college position

Vanguard is an outstanding company that is a great first job for fresh out of college grads that are looking for decent pay and great benefits. my direct manager was wonderful.

Pros

benefits and PTO/Retirement plan

Cons

Call center work is exhausting

Consider this a stepping stone

Hired into Flagship legacy department, move to relationship management department after corporate restructure. Learn what you can while you are there. If you are looking to make a career shift or are just starting out, this is a fine place to learn. When I was hired, they used very deceptive hiring practices and at no point mentioned that I would be working in a glorified call center role. LITERALLY at no point was the fact that this is a call center mentioned, in fact, they actively avoided discussing the day-to-day of the job. I should have seen this as a red flag but I was a college senior, hungry for a job. The employees you work with are nice. Management tactics are akin to those used by authoritarian governments. Avoid this place if you can but if it's your best bet, it beats a lot of other options out there. You will be grossly underpaid for the industry and the actual stress of the job, just expect that.

Pros

the coworkers, the learning at the beginning

Cons

being tied to a phone, having bathroom breaks timed, low comp

Call Center Environment

If you start in the call center position, it can take years to get out. If you can stand being on the phones for 7 1/2 hours a day, then this might be for you. Generally, you get an hour lunch but they can make that a half-hour lunch with little to no notice.

Pros

free lunches, great coworkers, good benefits

Cons

Micromanagement, call center environment, difficulty to move out of the call center.

Productive and fun work place with lots of crew engagement activities

Vanguard is a great company to work for. They are very professional and provide excellent, confidential financial services to their clients. I have enjoyed my interaction with the crew, management and leadership.

Great future

Always improving. Work w familys. Great for illness unexpected. Challenge you. Respectful. Good long term job. Tenure helps w developement. New managers frequently. Changes frequently but lots of support.

Excellent culture

Flagship division was very supportive and engaging. great opportunity for promotion. Managers were supportive and work life balance was a focus to increase retention

Great place to work.

I would recommend working for the Vanguard Crew. The benefits are great and you always have the potential to grow in your career. Leaders will help you grow and they are always there for you.

VG takes care of its employees

Great company! The management style is wonderful. I have bever encountered a company that wanted you to succeed. Great training. Supportive workplace.

Mundane regimented environment

This role is heavily monitored on a systematic basis with little opportunity to influence your own decisions and being heavily encouraged to stay within similar types of roles even after the time in job requirements are met.

Not worth it for longer than a year!

Clients are relentlessly clueless, culture is bland and spineless, advancement impossible if you're not "one of the gang". I can't count the number of coworkers IN THERAPY for how stressful and unpleasant their jobs at Vanguard are, and the advancement process is insane. You're more likely to thread a camel through the eye of a needle than get a promotion unless you're an absolute all-star who doesn't make mistakes. Micromanagement on an epic scale, every single thing you do down to toilet breaks is monitored. Don't take the job, save yourself the agony.

Pros

They paid for my financial licensing.

Cons

Everything else.

Strong culture and good organization.

Strong culture and good organization. The training program was very helpful and I learned a lot during it. I managed the stress level very well and enjoyed the people I worked with.

Great Culture, Great Benefits - Recommend

I've been with Vanguard for 2 years know. They have a great and extensive training program to obtain the series 7 and 63 license. The crew members are all very supportive and down to earth individuals. The company focuses a lot of community service and has monthly and year round initiatives to give back to local communities. Benefits are phenomenal! The company subsidizes 86% of premium costs for crew (the industry average is 70%). One con about Vanguard is the lack of career advancement in the HR field. My personal interests and work has been in the HR field but due to lack of opportunities, it has been difficult securing a permanent role in that field. There are many areas of advancement in the finance side of the company however. Another con about the Client Relationship Specialist role is the complexity of calls you receive in comparison to the pay.

Pros

Great benefits, free food, great culture, gives back, convenient location

Cons

Lack of HR opportunities

Vanguard was a great place to work.

The hardest part from was balancing being a new mother and studying for such a strenuous exam. After failing the licensing exam it brought on a new level of stress.

Pros

great pay and benefits

Cons

fail the exam lose your job

Ok

Not at this time. Not in a position to rate this company. Please do not require this information at this time. Have lots of helpful information to share when the time is right.

Hated it

All they care about is keeping cost low. They do not care at all about the employees. I learned a lot working there but I would never go back. Never ever.

Great environment, progression opportunities, licensing sometimes required.

Overall working at Vanguard is a fulfilling and great experience. The company culture is one of inclusiveness and teamwork. Difficulties arise in obtaining the proper licensing to be able to fulfill your job due to the amount of time required to learn, study, and practice the large amounts of material.

Client Relationship Specialist

At the beginning of your career, there is no free time because of studying and receiving your licenses. After these exams are over, this is a very good company to work for.

Productive and competative environment

Helping customers with complex information meeting their needs. Learned a lot about financial products. Good workplace culture. Call center type, can be really busy.

Great Company

This is a great company and had a lot of room for growth. The management was great. A typical day was about 150 calls and being able to help each person. that was a great day

Entry level roles do not lead to higher up roles

Phone roles are extremely rigid. The minutes you spend away from your desk (yes, even for bathroom breaks) are counted and reported to management. For recent grads: come here after your first promotion elsewhere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanguard. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Vanguard
  • Client Specialist
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?