Vanguard Employee Reviews for Associate

Associate27 reviews

Found 27 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,517 reviews

nice people, supportive colleagues and managers

Met some really good and incredible people at Vanguard. My managers and colleagues were very supportive and helpful. The vanguard investment philosophy of keeping a well-diversified portfolio that is aligned with your long term goal is tried and true, and their funds are awesome- either best-in-class or among the best in many categories. Their PA campus is beautiful and there is a large variety of good food in their cafes.

Great company

Great company. They are fair to their people, good benefits, and good culture. If you don't pass FINRA exams you are out. Normal with any such company.

Odd culture

I’ve worked at Vangaurd for a decade. The culture has definitely changed as a result of leadership changes. It used to be family oriented with a work life balance. It’s no longer like that.

We see the decline too

Vanguard is a huge name to have on a resume. It definitely attracts some great talent. It is a phone role for most people and it can be very frustrating at times. Clients will say Vanguard has changed and gone downhill. Over my years here I want to tell them how much I agree.. the “new dallas office” started off amazing, people loved to work together and liked the job overall. Now 80% of my class is gone to greener pastures.

Stifling

Constraining stifling atmosphere too many lazy diversity hires that were incompetent.no breaks short vacationsMinimal sick leave and personal time offp

Remote work

Working remotely is more challenging now as people have returned to office. if you’re a contractor, don’t expect to be valued as much as your coworkers.

Can you say Office Prison?

Extremely out of touch and clueless management. Micromanaging at its finest. High stress, low pay and a lot of office politics. New ways of working......really? Let's force our miserable employees into doing work in robot form, smh.

Pros

Good 401K and health benefits

Cons

Pay too low. Way too much micromanaging from management

Good place to work, subpar pay

Good place to work. Good company. Management is solid. Sometimes too much LEAN work/meetings that is unnecessary. Pay is not great, but bonuses are good. Work/life balance is great

Pros

People, Work/life balance

Cons

Pay

great company overall

Pros: great benefits (>15 PTO days, 401k, healthcare, fitness center and a small clinic on campus) great products (many of the best ETFs and mutual funds in industry) collaborative work environment friendly management career advancement possibility within company Cons: salary

It’s diverse

Diverse and good opportunities . It has great options and the benefits and culture is very open. There is a niche for all types of skills. A lot of politics

Great client mission

Vanguard is a company that is growing so fast. They have growing pains as a result and employees struggle with processes that are somewhat slow. They hire young, dynamic employees however, there is a lot of competition to get ahead.

Vanguard

Vanguard has good benefits and Paid Time Off. Phone representatives answer numerous calls about a wide variety of subjects. There are hiring many college graduates.

Pros

Pto

Good job

Good job, learning environment. But, a low pay. You have to be there for a couple of years until you get promoted. It's not a bad job to have. You just have to put in a lot of work.

Great place to work espcially for someone just starting in Finance.

Vanguard is by far the best of the best when it comes to customer service. They sincerely care about the customer's experience and are always looking for ways to improve. I truly admired the company for it's ethics. The unfortunate part was the pay. They lost a lot of good people when trying to combine their retail and brokerage platforms. They doubled the work load and never properly increased the pay. Which all started with the change of CEOs and John Bogel's retirement. I will say though as investments go: Vanguard mutual funds and ETFs are the best in the biz. They are known for being the lowest cost provider out there.

Pros

I will ALWAYS reccomend Vanguard products!

Cons

Low pay

Fast-paced

Upon hiring, employees are told to treat each day like an ongoing interview and this is definitely true as you are held to the highest standard. Each day you are expected to show up and be the best

Overwhelming expectations

Vanguard Group is a multi million dollar investment company that offers investment opportunities for share holders. I think the company as a whole does an exceptional job with providing its share holders with investment opportunities but as an employee of the company I was never quite happy to be an employee. I think a large part of the reason was because I disliked the department that I worked in. The caseloads that were given to each person within my team was basically beyond overwhelming and the expectations that were required of each team member was definitely hard to achieve and it's for those reasons I would never work there again if given the opportunity.

Pros

Able to invest in mutual funds and be vested within a few years

Cons

Lack of compassion, unrealistic expectations

Universal Associate

Great place to growth, develop and network. I loved this job. The company provided opportunities for public service and financial security to the employees. If it had not been for family loss, I would have remained.

Pros

Great place to work.

So many possible careers available at Vanguard

Was a nice place to work. They do amazing training before even putting you in the job - to be commended!!!! You start your position really understanding what your job is.

Pros

So many career opportunities

Cons

Feel like a number

Good Company, difficult to advance

Vanguard is an overall good company, but sometimes it seems as though there is discrimination on who moves up in the company.

Excellent cocmpany to work for.

When I started I went through 3 months of training at their personal University and then had a coach to help me once I got to the floor. The people and my manager were super nice and the benefits were very good.

Okay company to work for

Gained investment industry knowledge with no background in finance/investments. There's little room for growth, but the knowledge gain while on assignment was invaluable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanguard. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Vanguard