Vanguard Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,517 reviews

Great Benefits & Culture Lots of Anonymity

Lots of benefits to help maintain work life balance. An environment of constant learning and upskilling. Stunning views and energetic campus like atmostphere.

Great Benefits

The people were great! I have a lot of friends at Vanguard and I still talk to them. I learned how to work with the system issues. The drive was the worst issue, 75 miles round trip a day.

Treated like an animal

Back when I was at this company it felt as if we were only viewed as machines and nothing more. (The worker on the floor).

Call Center

The role was challenging in that training was very quick and inadequate. Policies were constantly changing and the role is driven by metrics and not client satisfaction. Cultural divide between employees on the phones and those off the phones is extreme.

Community

Honestly the people I worked with were hands down some of the most hands on and nice people I have ever met. The sense of community I felt while there was beyond anything I've ever experienced at any job. Only con is that they don't give other people many chances for passing some pretty hard exams and will drop you right afterwards. It was pretty rough to see.

Not family-friendly

Not a family-friendly place to work. Difficult supervisors and not much room for growth. Overall not a place to stay very long if you want to have a family.

Good learning experience

Compensation is low for the amount of work you will do at higher levels in a client facing capacity. Best thing about the company is the people however overall dealing with the archaic systems in place and overall poor career growth opportunities I would definitely try to review your options if you have any other offers.

Highly Bureaucratic Environment

- Highly Bureaucratic Environment - Not much growth opportunities- Work culture is not healthy- A lot of micromanagement - Work life balance is good

I loved this job . managers were great and pay was good & it was work from home so I loved that . Got laid off because of there wasn’t really any business

Good company low pay

As a whole vanguard is a good place to work. They have good benefits and most of the company at this point is hybrid, work from home mon and fri and in the office tues-thurs. The main problem is the base pay. The base pay for most positions is far below the industry average and even if you do get promoted you will on get a 7% raise which doesn’t really move the needle

Stressful and horrible.

What is the best part of working at the company?The day you leave..Terrible management who don't care about the staff, have people out working until 10 pm at night, miles away. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Split shifts, calling you all day when not in work.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Terrible, do the job or leave.No empathy. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Start at 4am. Get home 7, 8am.Get phonecalls all day from managers,then out driving 30miles away until 10pm at night all alone.

Continually evolving with room for growth

vanguard is one of the most ethical finance companies out there. Company culture is excellent. However, it can be bureaucratic, with low pay and meager raises unless you have strong performance.

Great bosses, ok pay, buys lunch often,

Start at location or office. some days multiple locations. I’ve learned a lot for instance, how to use different floor machines and chemicals.I’ve learned what to use as well as and techniques for window cleaning. The culture is laid back as long as your doing your job. The best thing about my job is great bosses, flexibility, and always learning!

Pros

Awesome boss, often buys lunch, good communication, always learning new things, company vehicle for special services, flexibility

Cons

Hard work, could have higher wages

Amazing place

Great work environment. Everyone’s friendly and easily approachable, always there is someone to help you around. One of the best places I have worked.

Toxic environments

This company is toxic, lots of back stabbing, lots of fake people. The pay was below average. I would not recommend working here. SEI is a much better place to work

Pretty good place to work

This is a great place to work. Benefits are great and they really encourage you to take pto. The work is fairly easy and they help you from the day you are hired to licensing to training and then being on your own in the role.

A daily grind with very little motivating factors

What is the best part of working at the company?Benefits. The job is relatively easy. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Making sure you hit your KPIs which are sometimes out of your control. Very little communication between processing and those of us on the phones, so it’s sometimes difficult to help clients resolve issues. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Mostly relaxed, but that is highly dependent on who your manager is. Some are uptight, others more chill. Coworkers are pretty cool though and most people are down to earth. There are opportunities to move around or even up, but it takes networking and some brown nosing too. They don’t do much to build morale, but we do get OT bonuses sometimes. The job, especially on the phones, can be a grind. What is a typical day like for you at the company?I work in onboarding which involves taking inbound calls from clients who want to open new accounts, transfer in assets from other firms or roll in money from employer plans. We also do a lot of resolving issues with these processes. Calls are generally back to back, especially during tax season or when certain initiatives and campaigns are running. When they aren’t back to back, it’s not so bad. We have a 30 minute meeting every day, hour lunches (usually) and 32 minutes of break time.

Low pay, stressful and unappreciated

Low pay, stressful environment and constantly feel unappreciated. A lot of micromanagement. On the flip side I learned a lot, but would never work there again.

Smart and diverse teams

Vanguard attracts great people and all of my teammates are very smart and helpful. Most people genuinely care about helping you. There is also a great work life balance and wellness benefits. There is not much reward for going above and beyond though, which can lead to unsatisfaction with compensation.

Fun and productive

Great place to work, just the pay was low. Everyone worked as a team and got along great. Unfortunately though the last at did compensate the work being done.

The experience was great I got to meet people and talk to others face to face but as far as working for vanguard it was a little off.

What is the best part of working at the company?The associates I worked with and got the chance to work with What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Working in 107 degree weather What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The environment is great because your experiencing new things as well as new people What is a typical day like for you at the company?A day at vanguard for me is walking connecting with the people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanguard. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Vanguard
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?