Vanguard Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,517 reviews

Great Benefits & Culture Lots of Anonymity

Lots of benefits to help maintain work life balance. An environment of constant learning and upskilling. Stunning views and energetic campus like atmostphere.

I feel duped

The job is not at all what was described, and they didn’t give any details about what the job truly was until after I completed licensing and couldn’t leave due to the bonuses they gave for passing the exams. It was like they intentionally withheld information so that they could attract people to the job. It’s basically a call center where I got berated everyday by clients and advisors.

Great benefits

If you can pass and really focus hard during licensing they offer great 401k match and the opportunity to work from home after training. Good corporate office.

Work place

I feel the salary could be better, haven’t been here for long but not very competitive $. I’ve noticed most people do not stay longer for a year after bonuses.

Productive & Informative Workplace

Since starting here as a contractor earlier this year, i've expanded my knowledge of many financial products and services. My team leads/supervisors have worked in my position before and have shared their insights in how to be better at the job and different paths I can take when I convert to a full time employee. You get a set number of sick leave and CTO depending on when you start working at the company.

Fun place to work

Supervisor was really nice abd always willing to help pay was also good. Coworkers was also nice to work with. Pay wasn't bad either. The post I worked was pretty easy was a residential complex and they was really nice and I mean nice.

nice people, supportive colleagues and managers

Met some really good and incredible people at Vanguard. My managers and colleagues were very supportive and helpful. The vanguard investment philosophy of keeping a well-diversified portfolio that is aligned with your long term goal is tried and true, and their funds are awesome- either best-in-class or among the best in many categories. Their PA campus is beautiful and there is a large variety of good food in their cafes.

Good place to work, nice people

What is the best part of working at the company?They are VERY organized on how they do business. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Trying to keep up to their standards. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?I enjoyed the work environment at VG. I was a contractor there two times in 6 years. They treated me like I was a full time enployee.

Underpaid, overworked. Brain numbing

Pass the tests and then leave the company. They will keep you in this role as long as possible. It is nothing but a glorified call center where they track every minute of your day. RUN!

straight to the point

i love the fact that the job calls back instantly and keeps you updated with travel plans. i’ve been canvassing for a few years and i love this company.

Not too difficult

A good place to work for those who are just out of college. Will require difficult exams depending on your role. Great benefits but be prepared for a long career.

Wonderful culture, intellectually stimulating work, client-focused

I love working at Vanguard. People care for one another in a way that is unique in the corporate world. The company genuinely lets the best interest of clients guide every decision I’ve participated in. The work is intellectually stimulating in the best ways.

Micromanagement is high

Could be a good place to work, but they micromanage every aspect of your day. Call monitoring is extremely nit picky. Metrics are ridiculous. They penalize you if your old clients can’t get on webex.

Great Benefits Average Pay

Great place to work if you are looking for work-life balance with average pay. Benefits are great. Typical large company politics at play. Would recommend.

Interesting

Interesting place I was excited to work here each day. The office was nice.It was a great location close to all including major highway systems and trains

Great benefits. Pay could be better

Licensing bonus is great, the process is rough. Salary is decent, benefits make up for it. The training process really does take about 6 months. Great PTO

Productive environment with career development goals

My typical day at Vanguard would be delivering the client requirements, resolve incidents and monitor application on AWS and Honeycomb for any performance issues of the application. Write unit test cases for the code and upgrade my skill set which would benefit my current career profile.

In Decline

At one point was a fantastic company to work for that cared about its crew and shareholders. Sad to say that is no longer the case. Looks good on your resume, though.

Not ideal

Unrealistic expectations and high turnover rate. Low pay and demanding schedule. New people will get the worst schedule and no growth within the company

A great place to work

great place to work great benefits my I met a lot of nice people I'm still friends with them today lots of training good retirement package public transportation

They don’t care about employees

Terrible place to work as they promise you one thing and do another. Not upfront on salary transparency, very secretive. Supervisors for onboarding have no idea what they are doing. Several employees left in the year I was there. Move on to better employers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanguard. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Vanguard