Vanguard logo

Vanguard Employee Reviews for Specialist

Specialist48 reviews

Found 48 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,527 reviews

Alright place to work

The company has a bonus program that holds you through tax season to get a bonus for the previous year. Not very good pay compared to competitors. 401k is alright.

horrible place to work

if I could give this place zero stars I would. expect to be micro managed to the extreme. be prepared for everyone there to lie to you. everyone is fake nice and is looking to lie to you.

Nice Company

Networking is mandatory if you want to advance. If you don't fit the mold you will not move forward. Don't get trapped in Participant Services. The pay is terrible, but I guess it looks good on a resume?

If you can handle call center, good place to work

The people and culture at Vanguard were great. There was always something going on to try and break up the monotony of being tied to the phone all day, but eventually I couldn't deal. The calls were non-stop, back to back. Call metrics are very big. They stress not being on the phone too long, but also delivering the best customer service.

Pros

Cons

non stop back to back calls

Fine If You Want To Coast

Being directly out of college I want experience, development, challenges, and more responsibility. If you want a chill job that requires little to no effort, you can coast with an extra 10% of your paycheck going to your 401k.

Good place to work with great work life balance

Vanguard is a great place to start your career and maybe even stay for the long run. I found that It was becoming more difficult to find new challenges and move across the set paths they have for people. The pay doesn't match a lot of the industry but with yearly (small) raises and bonuses/good benefits your overall package is competitive.

Very balanced and stable

Portfolio Management Associate salaries at Morgan Stanley can range from $107,817-$115,631. This estimate is based upon 1 Morgan Stanley Portfolio Management Associate salary report(s) provided by employees or estimated based upon statistical methods.

Great people

The people at Vanguard are great for the most part but there is no independence and it is extremely monotonous. It is a great place to start if you would like to get into financial advising and are willing to work in a customer service role for a couple of years.

Vanguard vision and goals are great but...

Their culture is pretty poor - I'm in retirement plan services and no-one enjoys being in this department. It's easy to quickly get burnt out and there's software issues galore. It's common knowledge our pay is not competitive because our benefits are supposed to make up for it. The way it seems is a low competition way to move up in the financial industry. It is nice that they'll sponsor just about anyone for the Series 6 and 63. Overall, easy place to get started and build a resume, but everyone is looking to hop off and move to another department or company ASAP.

Nice place to work

Very good benefits..Limited career advancement..Call center environment..Great place to start your career..Vesting is 7 years,so you have to stay 7 years to get your maxi-min benefit

fast paced, professional environment

Vanguard is a professional financial institution that has a very professional environment. I worked in the inheritance department where we handled new clients and customers.

Great starting point

Vanguard is a great company that will invest a lot into their employees and their personal development. Unfortunately, there is a lot of turnover throughout the entry level positions which leads to a lack of total knowledge about investment vehicles, processes, and company policies. This is a great place to get into advice or relationship management or leadership if you can mold yourself to the culture they look for in a leader. Great company overall but it seems like the better you position yourself, the better chance of moving up, not necessarily merit based.

Pros

free lunches on monday, 10% earnings match in 401k that vests after 5 years

Cons

poor management, complacency, high turnover

Great culture, management is nice,

A typical day at Vanguard consists of logging into your computer when you arrive, checking emails, and taking phone calls all day long unless you have a meeting. The entry level job is tough, however, once you advance, the job becomes more bearable.

Pros

Culture, Diversity, Company reputation, Corporate ladder advancements

Cons

Short breaks, heavy call volumes

In need of major improvement

A day at work is typical - get to work sit down, log-in and start taking client phone calls. Try to do the best job with each call and hopefully client fill the same way. Uphill battle against company imposed policies makes client satisfaction to be hard to obtain at times (depends on level of personal expertise). Partnership and paychecks are the most enjoyable part of the job.

Great Place to Work

Great place to get started in your career. Advancement is very competitive and pay is pretty low for the industry. The benefits are great! Also job security is great with Vanguard.

Pros

Free food, benefits, bonus/partnership, on site gym, on site health clinic

Cons

Not much room for advancement, low pay for industry

its fine

Its fine, good scheduling, but full time is considered 37.5 hours- overtime is hard to come by. Very repetitive work, but people are friendly and the office runs well.

Pros

scehdule

Cons

pay, boring

Good Company

Great place to work. Company culture is a plus. Everyone encourages your development and will help you to achieve your goals. Great benefits package.

n/a

It is an 9-5 shift where I am speaking with clients and speaking about their investments. I learned the foundations of the financial world and they have a great training i.e Vanguard University.

Call center

Working for Vanguard in Charlotte is a terrible, soul-sucking experience. The only jobs in Charlotte are answering phones. The pay is atrocious so we are constantly understaffed so you are always taking phone calls. Employee morale is incredibly low. All the employees are leaving for TIAA-CREF or Metlife. I am not the only one who think this; out of my hire-class of 12 people, only 4 people are still with the company.

Very ethical and trustworthy company in the investment industry.

Great hours, vacation, and benefits! Vanguard is a refreshingly moral and ethical company where you can work without the need to feel as if one must compromise their own standards to be successful.

This company has a positive and productive work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanguard. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Tell us how to improve this page

What would you add or change?