Vanguard logo

Vanguard Employee Reviews for Client Associate

Client Associate96 reviews

Found 96 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,527 reviews

Call Center

The role was challenging in that training was very quick and inadequate. Policies were constantly changing and the role is driven by metrics and not client satisfaction. Cultural divide between employees on the phones and those off the phones is extreme.

Great place to work with a helpful atmosphere

Great company with fantastic benefits. Very friendly and helpful atmosphere which helps considering the sheer amount of information one needs to learn. This company is truly a company that shows that it cares for those that work there as well as the clients that they represent.

Pros

Benefits, Friendly coworkers and atmosphere

Cons

vague schedule, a lot to learn in a short amount of time

Excellent Training Program

Not much advancement. Low pay compared to other companies with same skill set.

Great Company

Great company to work for, unfortunately the department i am in is on its last legs. I do enjoy my job, but the opportunity to advance/move up is minimal. The department seems to be downsizing due to a shift in technology.

ehhh

Nothing Special just another internship on the market. It looks good but you dont learn much from it.

Formerly incredible firm turned 'typical corporate financial institution'

Make no mistake, VG is the king. Put it this way, early-mid 2000s, they were just creeping up on the $1T AUM behind only Fidelity. Pay has never been close to adequate here, however back then they more than made up for it due to unmatchable benefits, security and incredibly bright colleagues surrounding you. Vanguard CLEANED HOUSE in terms of other companies when 2008 recession hit. They had always stuck to their guns of low cost etc, so ppl both individual and institutional flocked to get on board. By early 2013 they were approaching $2.5TRILLION!!! Yes. That is how much the wiped out other rip off firms. Good right? No. This is when this company sold out everything it ever stood for. You will be a phone rep. Period. By the time I quit (and the attrition was out of control and hear it still is ) Basically all they hire is know-nothing arrogant 22 yr old local U grads who lead the charge of incompetency that is simply rampant in that firm. The product itself, mutual funds, and most other products are absolutely the best in the biz. Customer should be happy. But internally it was no exaggeration the equivalent of working in an Indian call center with a mix of some completely brilliant, underpaid/utilized ppl, while other half were clueless twits..Made for bad mix and the management had continued to plummet..Moral: Invest there, don't work there. It's a joke

Pros

Easiest 'finance' job available

Cons

zero career advancement, atrocious pay, VG will never sponsor FINRA/NASD unless they absolutely have to.

Its a paycheck

Very low pay for the type of work you do on a daily basis. Great people to work with and a very young staff, but the pay is just too low.

Great place to work.

Very diverse and socially conscious Great training. Very little opportunity for career advancement. Super professional management.

Great company to work for, minus the salary

Great benefits, but lacking in salary. They take great care of their employees, but I couldn't afford to live on the salary.

Love the people I work with and the overall feel of the company.

The top name in investments . . . but just not for me

Having only been employed by Vanguard for a short period of time, I cannot truly give a fair and complete assessment of the organization. What I can say, however, is that it is a top-notch investment firm, a perfect fit for anyone looking for a team-oriented position with great benefits, a beautiful campus, and a mission to help people with their money. If you're like me and don't feel cut out for the cubicle -- but, more importantly, for the world of financial investments, securities, and the like -- then this company is not the best for you.

Pros

Work/life balance, benefits

Cons

"Cult-ish, " difficult traffic situation (only reachable via major highways), limited schedule structure

customer service

you basically sit in a cube and call customers all day about past due balance on there account.

Pros

Cons

calling customers about past due balance on loan

Great company, great work enviourment, slow advancement, low pay.

I enjoyed my time at VG and think it is a great company with great work environment. While it struggles to attract top talent mostly due to low compensation it is a company that has continued to grow and will remain a dominate company based on it business model. They lay out realistic expectation and while advancement is slow and very structured it is possible. I left mostly due to better compensation and advancement opportunity.

A great company to work for

I worked alongside some very driven and talented individuals which helped push me to be the best that I can.

Good Company with Structure and Balance

Vanguard is a great company that encourages self improvement and career advancement.

Very busy call center

The call center positions are most appropriate for entry level high school or college graduates. The compensation is below industry average and the benefits are horrible. If you don't mind being micro-managed, then this is the place for you. Career advancement is almost non-existent.The one positive thing I can say about the organization is that they will train you on anything. Vanguard University is awesome and offers many training seminars in finance, investments, business, and diversity. The tution reimbursement program is awesome as well.

Pros

often provided free lunches, partnership bonus

Cons

short lunches, micromanagement, poor work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanguard. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Tell us how to improve this page

What would you add or change?