Vanguard logo

Vanguard Employee Reviews for Client Associate

Client Associate96 reviews

Found 96 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,527 reviews

Call Center

The role was challenging in that training was very quick and inadequate. Policies were constantly changing and the role is driven by metrics and not client satisfaction. Cultural divide between employees on the phones and those off the phones is extreme.

Great place to work for anyone interested in a call center environment

Pretty high paced call center environment. Excellent company culture and management truly focused with your career success and progression. Monthly meetings with management to keep you on track with your goals.

Very relaxed and enjoyable place to work

Competitive yet collaborative caring and educational. Family and life orientated company. Paid training. Raises and bonuses given. Continuing education provided.

A good company to work for

Vanguard was a good place to work. They make sure you have the knowledge you need to get the work done. My co-workers were like family everyone got along.

Pros

Profit Sharing bonuses

Cons

Some requirements were not fair

Competitive

The employees comprised of 20 years of age plus, college grads. All competing for jobs that everybody does. Sometime it could be over the top. Vanguard give everybody a shot to succeed. However a lot of employees were extremely territorial.

Pros

Great opportunity in the financial industry

Cons

competition uneccesary

Great Company

Arrive to work 15 mins early Morning team huddle Await incoming calls Gain company knowledge to improve the ability to service calls. There will be an adjustment to handling incoming calls effectively & efficiently

The Flagship of Client service.

Working for Vanguard exposed me to various financial intermediaries that allowed me to shape my financial background in my tenure. I worked with Retirement plans and 529 College savings plans exclusively to assist clients in meeting their financial goals.

Great company to work for

Vanguard is overall a great place to work for. I loved the environment, it just ended up not being the right fit for me. However, something that I'm disappointed in is that they pay men more than women. I don't know when this will change.

Pros

Great campus

Focused on educating

The company is well regarded within the industry. The pay is less than in other companies but the level of education and training they provide is unparalleled.

great

Vanguard is a very friendly environment which supports growth in whatever field you are in . there is room for development and definitely a great balance.

Pros

free lunches

Productive and busy work environment

Vanguard is a very productive and busy work environment. While I have met some great people working there, getting hired and made into a full Vanguard employee seem a bit difficult.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Very hard to be official Vanguard Employee

Growth potential is limited but a great place to get started

First job was with Vanguard providing asset management services to clients in a call center environment. Interview process is straightforward with recruiter contacting me after showing interest in the company at a local career fair. Training is excellent with in-class room licensing and Vanguard University. Overall a great place to begin a career!!

customer service is good

This company needs someone with excellent customer service. You need to be able to multi task and be able to listen to everyone's needs and not make any criticism.

Pros

stable

Cons

too stressful to talk to clients when you're dealing with their money

Great

Fantastic place to work with an abundance of opportunities for career advancement. Limited and slow growth into new position.

Perfect job out of college!

My experience as an investment specialist allowed me to study financial metrics and markets over a course of several years. Specializing in mutual funds, I was an expert in deciphering financial statements and investment performance for Vanguard clients in a way that took consideration to their varying education and investment knowledge. This role required me to network in a cross departmental manner, collaboration was key as Vanguard clients often establish themselves across several of the multitude of product platforms. Over time, this allowed me to become familiar with not only the individual investor, but the institutional and small business based investor as well. This endeavor helped mold me into a well-rounded financial professional.

Pros

A very conservative organization, safe and stable.

Cons

The pay was below par for industry averages.

Vanguard

I learned the foundations of asset allocation and diversification, How to deal with clients - the good & bad, The different departments within the company. A typical day consisted of receiving calls in an inbound call center environment, where you provided guidance and answers to client's questions. Management was ok at best. You had good and bad team leaders. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult clients. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people who really liked the services you provided and expressed how they felt about it.

Pros

Great benefits, Crew Athletics

Cons

Management, Important vacation days

Great work life balance

Benefits are good and but pay could be more. You have to drink the kool-aid. They are willing to help you in all areas, people are accepting. You can sometimes get lost in the sauce if you are not proactive with your career. Nothing is handed to you which is good, it builds character.

Great place to start working

Vanguard was a highly professional place to work. There was a lot to learn from my colleagues. My manager was very understanding and very supportive of all her subordinates. Good work culture!

Good company, management cares

Supportive management that cares about personal development and growth. Large company with many people doing the same role. Need to buy into Vanguard philosophy.

Vanguard

A great place to work. I learned about asset allocation and the importance of low cost in your investing. The work environment is great and very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the day was working in the team environment since everyone had different skill sets.

Pros

Long term Career Growth

Cons

Location is not downtown Charlotte

Overall working at Vanguard was a pain. People there took to the Vanguard's philosophy and couldn't think for themselves. They acted like robots. If a client called and asked about something that wasn't 'per the books' other collegues automatically rerouted to someone else instead of trying to think for themselves.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanguard. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question