Vanguard

Vanguard Employee Review

Below Average

Typical corporate structure. Yes men get promoted and those that don't drink the koolaid are labeled as difficult. Most people there have been at the company there whole career and have nothing to compare it to. External hires are typically the ones to challenge and question which limits their promotion potential. I learned no new skills while there. Old technology so most of your day is spent getting systems to work instead of focusing on financial planning. I was experienced in the industry so I hit the ground running. For those new to the advice role, you will struggle with financial concepts. Training is spent teaching you how to use systems not on how to be a financial advisor. Your job is to put everyone in the same portfolio and use the same 4 funds so not a lot of financial planning going on even in the Ultra High Networth space. Pay is ok. You are salaried so it doesn't matter how hard you work you will still make ok money. Great place to start your career by getting licensed and a great place to end your career by just coasting to the finish line. Anywhere in between is a waste of time and are lost years where you will spend time learning skills that are not transferable. I don't think senior leadership has a clear plan as the focus shifts constantly with nothing getting done. I spent 2 years too long there.

Pros

Salaried just to turn the computer on

Cons

Lack of skill development, unclear focus for the future

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanguard. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Vanguard
  • Below Average
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?