Vanguard

Vanguard Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,247 reviews

Not the worst

A bit disorganized, a lot of employees don't know what exactly falls under their job brackets. But the company itself is not bad, okay pay, great training for series 7 and 63 licenses.

Cool place

It’s a nice company to work at. Just hard to move up because the next level is a licensed position which takes time to obtain. For an entry level position it’s a great place to work.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Micro managing

Company does not hire/train with correct skillset; Company does not hire/train management appropriately

I would not recommend this company for a long term career position. Company has unique culture. Company is behavioral focused versus competency/productivity based.

Good company

No huge complaints. The company really cares about their employers and makes sure they create great work/life balance. Salary is on the lower side. Typical day wasn't stressful at all, and the schedule is currently hybrid, working from home Mondays and Fridays

Great opportunity but my Pass License

This was a great company and the benefits are excellent however they don’t make it very clear that you are fired if you don’t pass the exam. You kind of have to figure out what questions to ask. They just started doing tutoring. Also, the rooms you have to study in are very dirty and dusty although the campus was extremely clean, which was weird. Everyone is pretty friendly, I just believe they should make it more clear they are looking for people with a finance background and not just customer service, it would save them money and others from exhausting there energy studying. But I don’t want all that to take away from the fact that I would do it again under better circumstances.

Great place if looking for work/life balance

I enjoyed working here and the company in general. I left because of my specific manager. The pay and benefits were comparable to other finance firms in the area.

Toxic work environment

Vanguard USE to be the best company to work for. In 2008 new leadership took over and things became a mess. VERY TOXIC place to work. Alot of people have to take leaves due to health issues from the stress. I would NOT recommend this employer.

Great Company

I have worked in many fields and companies before landing a job at Vanguard. Here, I can tell they truly care about employees and clients. It is not perfect but no company is. The pay is decent and benefits are great! Every decision is made with supporting data so there isn’t much debate over the right way to do things. They are constantly analyzing processes and making the company better. They value diversity and I do feel part of a higher purpose here. I have been here for a year now so I don’t know how hard it is to move up but my team leader has helped me network with other people and has given opportunities to showcase my skills on different projects.

Good culture, but low pay

Great place to start a career or finish one! However, your middle career years will be filled with years of being underpaid. The trade off is a decent 401k match, health benefits and job security. However those things can be found elsewhere if you are a good worker. 401k is in line with the industry as are the heal the benefits. Also, Vanguard will make your life miserable if they don’t like you, so no place is ever 100% secure.

Excellent employer

Great place to work. They treat their employees well. I only wish they would embrace a work-from-home model. I have to fill up more space because of the 150 character minimum.

It's okay

Started working for Vanguard a while back and honestly I can't really think of anything anything that I would could consider complaining about at the moment

Absolute trash

Worst place I’ve worked in terms of work life balance, support, and managerial tactics. Poor pay, but the benefits and “perks” are pretty decent. Overall would not recommend to anyone.

background check and fingerprinting

excessive background procesS from a 3rd party. hybrid training and prep for SIE exam before hire but pressired to past before hire. also had a very different hiring experience

Support from upper management and great growth opportunity

Hard work does not go unnoticed. If you put your time in job, promotions are easy to achieve. Pay is pretty good and work/life balance is great with approx 4 weeks pto and hybrid schedule

Tough Job for Some

Thought I could push through in this job to get to a non client facing role, but this job has caused me to get out on anxiety meds. Call center roles are not for everyone, so keep that in mind.

Work place environment

Worst company to ever work for. I would never recommend anyone to work for this company. They are all fake. They will treat you like garbage. Be safe.

Great work life balance, Hybrid work model, peanut compensation

I've been here since 2011 - great flexibility work life balance wise. Great security, you get paid peanuts. The Tech is ok - I enjoy my team. They are making you go back to the office 3 days a week though.

Mission driven, care about people

Great place to work. Care about their people and always have the clients best interest in mind. Below average industry compensation but very good work life balance and job security

Don’t even bother…

So unorganized and all over the place. At first i actually liked it but now they knit pick at EVERY single thing especially w metrics. They will put you on a performance plan every chance they get. The metrics are honestly unrealistic. They will literally let go of people for the most ridiculous things so just be mindful of how you are doing on the phones…..but I feel like We do way too much for this kind of pay. So many clients call in saying they are fed up and want to move their money. I don’t blame them. From the tech issues we face to angry clients it’s honestly not even worth it. I think the only thing I looked forward to was my co workers. They kept me sane.

They are all about squeezing as much as they can out of you for as little benefit to you as possible. No matter how much you get done, they treat you like it's not enough.

It’s a cult

It’s very difficult to be a Financial Advisor there if you didn’t rise through the ranks. It’s like you have to navigate the globe to get to the next door. They have a jargon / abbreviation list & you must keep tabs on the multiple things their system cannot automatically do. Nothing is geared / synchronized toward a financial firm w/o significant patching. They buy software & use a small portion of it but don’t block out the unused portions. Their intranet is a mess, you have to just google things. The worst work experience of my 30+ year career.

Pros

Great benefits & good bonus opportunities

Cons

There’s no rocking the boat. You must smile while using terribly old inefficient systems, continual system outages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanguard. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Vanguard