USAA Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,626 reviews

Good work life balance

Hybrid remote allows for a good work/life balance. You're able to choose the days you're in the office and it can change week to week. They're flexible if you need to be remote an extra day one week your manager will allow you to make it up by coming to the office an extra day the next week.

Things need to change

Overworked. No help from managers. Work and life balance does not exist. Your work bucket can fluctuate so much leaving inconsistent remarks. Unreasonable expectations.

Great benefits

The pay and benefits were great but the manager didn’t know how to be a manager and made the work place miserable for the entire team. Unfortunately also being limited on restroom breaks was a downfall, especially being 7 months pregnant getting “coached” because I peed too much!

Great job with average pay

I love the place and the people are all nice because they take the time and hired the nicest people. Alot of amenities but I believe it is all a smoke screen to make you believe you are valued. They will fire you on the spot for something petty even if you worked there for a long time. The pay is just above average but still not enough for me. No overtime... No commission... Only management is getting decent pay and they even say it's not what you know it's who you know so they pick who they like for management so you have to kiss it.

Pros

Half off lunches in cafe

Cons

No commission, No overtime

Poor training, high expectations & low pay

After a year I still don't have work from home and received no pay increase or bonus. The training is poor and they track every second of your day. They make the goals almost impossible to meet and you earn zero commission even though you have to sell on every call. They write people constantly and give little support.

The best thing was the ability to work from home

It's a toxic environment. They will tell you it's member first, when it's really money first. It's a sales job no matter what department you land in. You have to push other products under the guise of facilitating the financial security of the member when it's really just about company revenue. There are no advancement opportunities unless you are part of the club. You can't even move laterally in the company, you have to quit and re-apply after 6 months. They changed their work at home policy and now only do hybrid which took away any incentive to work there.

Okay place

I worked here for almost 5 year and I just never seemed like I was enough in the department I worked in. It’s not like this in every department but when you are on the phones you are monitored the entire time and on the phone from the moment you clock in and out.

Great

Usaa was an amazing company, unfortunately I had to leave because of medical issues but my manager was awesome and it really is a company whom truly cares about you and your well being they accommodated me as much as they could. In regards to the job, they set you up for success 🙌

Not worth the pay

They tell you your position is servicing existing policies and that it's not a sales job but pushing new products is all you're rated on. You can do exactly what the member called in for and still be reprimanded by your manager because you did not issue a new policy for something completely different that they did not call in for. the stress of not being good enough is not worth the pay.

Safe campus

The security guards were very capable and armed. You felt safe at work. They trained and practiced a lot of scenarios often. They took their job seriously.

Good Place to Work

Great benefits, decent pay at the time. Management was decent but everything was very bureaucratic. Lots of changes in short amount of time; leadership changes fairly often when results don't measure up.

Great pay & benefits, high workload

Great pay & benefits, high workload. Great place to work but the workload in unmanageable. The benefits are amazing & on-site services are great as well.

Great benefits

USAA offered great benefits. The company at the time did not have a good life/ work balance with time off being hard to get. Hopefully things have changed post Covid.

Not what it was

Continuous changes have left it feeling like USAA has lost its mission and way. Changing/cutting benefits and positions yearly. Continuous turnover of upper management.

Pressured & frustrating

Offer products on every call. Meanwhile they were servicing calls. And, policy premiums were always on rise. No solid explanation. And cant do much about it anyways

Management doesn't like to help

Work job experience, in my entire career. If you have other options, take them. Their expectations are ridiculous. They want you to clock in and out at specific time, and come down on you for not doing so. They don't take into account you might be on the phone helping a member, so I guess they want you to tell the member I have to go on break/lunch, and hang up. Asking for help from a manager, after just completing training, forget it, They rather have you fail, and then maybe help. My best advise, RUN from USAA.

Cons

Great Place

Great place to work. Culture is amazing. People are always willing to help. The benefits package is incomparable to anything else Ive seen. 2 to 1 Match on 401K is amazing!

Engineer

Liked the company and culture. Highly recommend for anyone searching for good benefits and a great work environment. The job was recommended to me by a friend

Great workplace

This a great workplace & plenty of opporunity to grow as well. Tution assistance waa great to advance your role. Training was provided to the best. Great place to work

Nice environment and fun

Very nice company to work for with opportunities. I love the environment from here and benefits were great. You are able to move up if you want it and can be lucrative!

Great mission and good co-workers

This isn’t the case in the whole company, but my organization has had good leaders who are very transparent. I have also been able to work on a variety of cool projects. The culture is also very positive and the mission to support the military is a big motivator.Hardest part is how much paperwork there is to get even simple things done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at USAA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• USAA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?