University of Sharjah

United Arab Emirates65 reviews

Clear
3.5Job Security & Advancement

Educational

Overall good experience as a student. Major was a bit difficult, but overall it was a good experience, Had to pressure myself to graduate faster than most students.

Fun workplace

it was bad management .. hardest part of the job was when the team work out side the campus . I stays in my postion for 8 years and didn't moved to next position because most the position was by connections ,, directors chosen from some people has relative with the high management

Cons

very long houers

Great place to get started with.

Worked there for years as a dentist. Great staff and enviroment. Not much opportunities and advancement. However, Its a good place to start your career. Its slow paced and good facilities.

This is a review summary of my work and life at the University of Sharjah

I work from 8:00am to 3:00 pm. I teach 20 hours a week. I teach general, academic and TOEFL/IELTS courses.The management of my department is friendly as long as things go smoothly. , but I should say that it is not a democratic one. It just listens to people who are part of the management team. It is not easy to be promoted for most teaching staff. The workplace culture is ok. Colleagues and management are friendly in normal situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different students from different countries. When I see my students pass IELTS or TOEFL and meet the university language requirement, I feel happy. It is a great advantage that I live on campus. This saves me a lot of time and effort.

Pros

My accommodation is on campus

Cons

no job security

Work experience is beneficial in building a clear idea of employment life after graduation

My part-time job at University of Sharjah was one that i greatly enjoyed since it gave me the opportunity to expand my field of experience in a position that is different from my college major. Communication skills and microsoft excel statistical work skills have been intensely improved.

圧倒的な人員不足

身体を壊して退職するケースがとても多かったです。また、マネジメントの不透明性、雇用の不安定さに対して、大学全体にストレスフルな空気が蔓延していました。

Diverse culture

Diverse culture; networking opportunities with interesting people from around the world; a unique experience; reasonable resources. Excellent work environment and working hours

Experience is all matters

Challenging environment due to different Cultures, But Freedom and flexibility of works balance and life are eminently shown. Overall the institution is stable and a great source financial support and job security.

Pros

Kid's school tuition fee support

Cons

works and culture difference

nice workplace

I gained much rcperience while working there . the warm atmosphere of eorking has motivated me to excel in my career. the calibre of dtudents is amazing they were cooperative and outstanding . it is recommended to work in this place

Family oriented work enviroment

I couldn't be more grateful to my boss and my co-workers for the family oriented environment they offered me... Hope to find the same in my future jobs.

Making Inventory , and share knowledge

Aim for applying a new Job: To enhance more development my skill according in my degree holding field in which is data encoding and technical field. * 8 hours a day/ once a day off *Costumer service * Manage is good *Working in one team in a company is more fun and earning more knowledge.

Pros

sharing knowledge

Cons

n/a

professional place

great opportunity for improving teaching skills, good work environment great students

Educational

My experience in the University Dental Hospital of Sharjah was a very fruitful experience. I have had the chance to work with the most up to date equipment. Working with the doctors has also given me a great opportunity to gain a lot of knowledge. Although I am enjoying my present job, I am looking out for new opportunities in the same field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Sharjah. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

University of Sharjah Reviews by Location