UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Showing all 16,995 reviews

The ambience n aura makes u fall in love vit ur work

Extremely blessed to be a part of such a huge organisation.The place itself makes you feel elated and be back to work everyday.Colleagues were always supportive.

Pros

2 way cab

Cons

Have to achieve target within stipulated tym

Growth and learning opportunities

At United Health Group, I had plenty of opportunities to gain business knowledge. Also, I was able to work on state-of-the-art technologies. I had team members that mentored me in my career path.

The company it was before it was merged to United Health Group

My job was a great job until a huge corporation United Health Group came in and decided to buy a company which they only care about the profit of the business not the care of patients and the understanding the real disease of Mental Health.

Training was all over the place and they just stick you on the phone

Horrible company to work for the training was all over the place they had no structure. The team leads take their job way to serious management is of no assistance thei always in meetings

Mega health corp

Welcome to mega health corp here is your number. You are human capital to be spent as needed. There are 369998 others just like you. If you die or quit or we no longer need you and fire you we will replace you in an hour. Thanks for being part of the “team” at Mega Health Corp.

Fun and good pay

Work was hard but the pay was really good. The training was extremely long and a lot of studying. The supervisors was really nice and helpful. I would recommend

nothing good to report

Management is horrible and does not listen, only looks at the bottom line which gives them bigger bonuses. Unless you agree with everything management says, you are an outcast and will not do well here

Pros

awful experience

Cons

horrible management

good

This company has a lot of pleasant coworkers that are nice to work with but I do not recommend working for this place. There is a lot of micromanaging.

Great place to work, if no outside life

Great hours, plenty of overtime and Flexible scheduling. Through training that is extensive and long. Overtime is mandatory for most of the months, but will be flexible if can’t complete.

Just a job

Acts like a special place, but it isn'tManagement is always pressuring you for me, but will not support you in any wayWage increases are not competitive with the market. You can make a lot more money by switching jobs.

It’s alright

Training is very good and thorough. They have opportunities to wfm. Pay is okay, but barely enough to put up with being micromanaged. They are sticklers for things like acw and adherence.

Avoid at all costs

Low pay, managers don’t care about you, wants you to work 3-4 jobs at a time with no extra pay , hard to climb up the ladder to something else, everyone hates their job but everyone is too scared to say anything, horrible work environment. And the higher ups don’t care about anything that the lowly hourly pay workers are going through. They can’t hire enough people because this job sucks so the unlucky ones that are still here are being punished for coming to work and being made to do extra work.

Encouraging work environment that promotes company culture, vision and mission.

This is a rewarding career and a fit for professionals with a forward looking advancement in their chosen fields. The organizational culture, vision and mission aligned with my skill set at the time I transitioned to this role and I absolutely have no regrets!

Not Bad If You Like Sales

A call center environment. Every hour of your day is accounted for. The ability to work from home is a plus. Management is very supportive and can identify areas you are a little weak in and they provide peer to peer coaching, training, or anything you need help with. It is a team environment and the team I am apart of is amazing. The hardest part is meeting metrics. It is sales so you have to meet or exceed the stated sales rate for a SIP for payout. The base pay is mediocre. Everything is measured. I don't care for working on the weekends. I love being able to help customers find plans that best fits their need. You meet great people over the phone. This is however, the most organized and supportive organization I've ever worked for.

flexible job

poor training, flexible job, nice management. sometimes micromanaged. protocols are silly. best part is ability to work anywhere in United States.

A neat place

Training is really fast and you can easily get lost in it before you're tossed into live calls on your own, but management/coworkers are typically there to help and encourage you. Benefits could be better considering it's a health insurance company. Pay is definitely a plus and so is working from home. They give you all the chances to succeed, you just have to want it.

Horrible Place

The worst company. Nepotism. Horrible management. Clicks among people. Backstabbing. Dont trust anyone. Jealousy. Employees dont work. They escape during work hours. Supervisors with no experience.

Cons

Remote work - Good for some, too mentally draining for me

The job itself was easy. High Volume Call center, lots of opportunities for more learning, etc. Decent benefits in the department I was in, but honestly being an insurance company I would have expected better. I loved the coworkers I had, the pace of the work I did. I just did not function well being at home during all daylight hours 5 days a week, and not getting much time out of the house in general.

Its ok

Good entry level into call center environment and skills. I learned a lot but it is hard getting promoted or keeping good attendance. Managers are ok to work with but coworkers are good at times.

Always growing and changing

The job is good and the benefits as well. I can say you do learn alot from day one, trainers are hit or miss most of the time. The growth is there but just slow to get where you want to be within the company for most people.

Excellent compensation and benefits

UHG prides itself in excellence. They compensate for a job well done. However, the documentation could be a bit much. But overall, I was proud to be a part of this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• UnitedHealth Group