United Arab Emirates University Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates61 reviews

Healthy environment

one of the amazing experience I ever had, it's was a volunteering role but I worked so hard for it. Friendly environment and huge appreciation from the management.

Flexible and conducive research environment

A nice place to work in UAE. ALain is a small city away from the hustlings of Dubai and AD and pretty reasonable in terms of living cost. University has many perks to offer in terms of research incentives.

Jobs at United Arab Emirates University

See more jobs

The good and the bad

It's the highest ranked university in the country (and the oldest). The senior faculty is really good and accomplished although there are many highers that are questionable especially Assistant professors who just completed their PhD's. The students quality dropped recently due to the admission criteria being lowered and that really had a big impact on the quality of classes. Management and admins are mostly locals, although many are helpful, the majority are slow and unresponsive.

“The customer service at this company is excellent.

I was very impressed with the quality of the product I received. It was exactly what I was hoping for.” “The customer service at this company is excellent.

Pros

Cons

Long

Great

I admired some managers in BC, they are not only talented, but also sympathize with colleagues, help colleagues in their life's matters and support them with high appriciate like Education Marketting Manager and Customer Service Manager. On the other hand, some leaderships are still unqualified in dealing with their jobs, not sympathize enough. From these description, I wish to work with good skills, have precise view when work with colleagues and gain the fairness: not only for the relatives but also for the new staff.

United Arab Emirates University insights

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Supportive environment

Productive and fun work place

Delivering books to the students based on the courses they are taking. Every place has up's and down's, overall its a good place.Good and friendly environment. Good management .Multinational.

The environment is fine

Good working environment in my department. People are really nice, and understanding. They work as a team and work is distributed fairly. The only problem is that you will rarely get a promotion or bonus.

Nice place

The people are friendly, and management is well organized and understanding. I learned so much about team work and work ethic. Thank you for giving me the tools I need to start my career.

Fun work place

Transgurd group llc my company name The most enjoyable part of the job this company is very good and facility are very good food and work place good location

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hour

Good place to work with a great work-life balance

I have been working for 5 years now and I'm immensely satisfied with the outlook of UAEU. The city Al Ain is very close to the nature and is a perfect place to be with the family.

Pros

Work-Life balance, Beautiful city of Al Ain

Cons

Repetitive work, not a dynamic work culture

Very good job work

Very nice place to work in with wide versatility workplace culture and well established university in education and research where they courage all staff to do their job with their best

A freindly and productive academic work place

UAEU is a multicultural community with lots of experience, you have to work hard all the time to keep working there. UAE is one of the most enjoyable counties.

It was a good experience

Teaching as a private tutor to the students of UAEU is a good experience and I am looking forward to teach more of them. It is a good university with a good study and life balance.

No sense of Urgency

get everything in writing, find out why the job is available, oh just in case you forgot, get everything in writing. high staff turn over, cast system in play.

Pros

friendly people

Cons

staff don't want to work, it's very hard to get something completed, no sense of urgrency

Incompent, toxic, and mediocre work environment

1-The work culture is the worst. If you are not Arab or speak Arabic, you are considered irrelevant and receive no support from management or HR. I have witnessed the excessive, oppressive, sexist, and racist treatment of the Expat faculty and staff. 2-Corrupt management with no managerial capacity, experience, or credentials! Leadership is none existent. Resulting in a toxic, harassing volatile workplace environment lacking opportunities to improve or grow because no one knows what they are doing. 3-High turnover! NO raises! If they feel they can use you to make themselves look good, they dump more work and responsibility on you without any compensation. 4-Contracts are renewable every two years but can be fired at any time without any reason. 5-Salaries have been frozen for years, and they prevent anyone from making money anywhere else. No raises! 6-Skype, Zoom, and other apps are even blocked on campus so you can't maintain an online teaching position at any other institutions. 7-A majority of the faculty especially the foundation dept. have lied about their credentials and experience meaning they have none outside working at UAEU. Faculty that have credentials paid someone to do the work for them and have no previous work experience other than UAEU. This causes a high turnover of qualified personnel with actual credentials and experience. 8-High teaching load due to high turnover and no new faculty since even the veteran faculty are leaving due to decreases in benefits and opportunities. They think because you are in their country they can turn anyone into -

Pros

Round trip tickets home and close proximity to travel to other countries.

Cons

List above

research thought us a lot

got a chance to work with a team with diferent backgrounds. learne dhow to meet deadlines. learned how to do a through research. was even awarded with appreciation certificates.

Teaching professional adults is very interesting.

The freedom in the planning and delivery of the teaching lessons is an aspect to consider. As a teacher, it is a stimulus to create creative classes and motivate students to continue learning a foreign language.

Adjunct Associate Prof

Good atmosphere for teaching. The premier Medical school in the United Arab Emirates with faculty from all over the world. Standards very high and match western medical schools.

Very Academic & well structured University

Very academic and well-structured environment with full featured colleges and academic departments and programs. It enjoys full governmental and community support.

one of the topest universities in UAE

Best university in Accounting in the middle east. well educated stuff that came from all types of nationality. high job culture and try to improve them self all the way

Fast paced and demanding work environment

Academically, this is a typically demanding work environment. Research is encouraged; however, resources are a monopoly. Community outreach programs and funding are challenging.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Arab Emirates University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• United Arab Emirates University