U.S. Bank

U.S. Bank Employee Reviews

Found 10,041 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,042 reviews

Great place if you already have a book of business

You're swimming with big hitters here. Guys closing 5m a month, big construction deals, multi million dollar homes, etc. No place to be if you are used to swimming with small fish.

Pros

Rates are awesome.

Cons

Technology is brutal with a capital B.

Great company

I love working here. There is excellent support up my management chain. Work-life balance is the best I have experienced, benefits are great. There is obviously some corporate bs, but that will be everywhere.

Good benefits, but no management support

Lots of promises made about opportunities to move up, but little to no follow through. No support from management chain of command, they'll leave you high and dry without batting an eye. PSA - Managers put themselves at significant risk of losing their jobs from employee retaliation whenever HR must be involved. Goals established are unrealistic especially with the minimal staffing allocated to the branches. And if you think outside the box, at all, don't work here, they won't appreciate you.

Pros

Good benefits and perks

Cons

No work / life balance, poor upper level management

Good company

Overall, decent company. Being on the phone non-stop all day can be exhausting. Management is helpful along with coworkers. No micromanagement unless you aren't doing your job or not answering calls. Pay is pretty decent and raises are fair when given.

Instore Banking division: long hours and high turnover

We had a lot of turnover and management didn't work the same shifts as the team. Said all of the right things but with staffing a lot of people trained on the fly.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Long hours, open 7 days a week, short staffed, work holidays

Good workplace

The calls are back to back but the benefits and pay is great. Easy calls. The staff is very understanding if you miss work for a valid reason of course

Great job bad coworkers

The job was actually great. It was the manager and coworkers that were the problem. The clients were annoying but that is to be expected, especially in the finance industry. Hours were great besides the weird Saturday hours.

Good Culture and Work/Life Balance. Pay and Advancement Opportunities Don't Meet Industry Standards.

In my experience, immediate/skip level management does a good job communicating and teaching, but as you go up the organizational ladder, communication is much less. Advancement opportunities are hard to come by and I've seen many people leave due to that in order for career advancement. U.S. bank does a good job at trying to manage work/life balance, but I think that can vary depending on your role in the organization. The pay is ok, but not at industry standard from what I've seen and again have seen employees leave for better opportunities because of this.

It's alright

It's great in the beginning. Extensive training. But then you're kinda forced into a promotion with very little pay increase and double the work. Everything is based on stats. Zero work life balance.

Work environment

I loved it, the people were friendly. Staff was friendly. The job was fairly easy. Pay could’ve been better. Overall I would recommend. I met a lot of my closest friends there. It also helped me excel at the job I currently have.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at U.S. Bank?

Summary

US Bank is a good organization, but stay far away from Olivette. There are very good people at Olivette. However they don’t treat front line managers with respect. The culture consists of a lot of finger pointing and no one wants to take accountability

Pros

The people

Cons

Expect to work until 10:00 or 11:00 at night and still not get caught up, no life/work balance

Productive work with lots of room to grow and learn more

Typical day of work hours can be regular or overnight if thats what you're looking for. Training when needed able to ask questions or repeat learnings if needed Fun groups with people who support you if you have questions or concerns

Pros

pay, vacation paid time, sick leave, covid leave

Cons

short breaks, busy work flow

They do not care about their employees.

I had liked my job as a teller, working with people and everyday reports and transactions, cash management. But to grow income the bank decided to add or change my job description to a CRC (customer service, opening accounts, and loans) besides continuing previous teller functions. They added hard to meet expectations that where measured with little coaching. Then if you didn't conform you got written up and then terminated.

Confusing the client

My chief criticism of the wealth management department was that we charged the clients a great deal and performed poorly as investment managers. I used to hate the customer investment events which were just fancy ways of confusing people so we sounded smart.

Pros

Comp was good

Cons

Tough to believe in what we were selling.

Better Managers

My issue was with my manager. My manager was not helpful. When I did have an issue with the system or equipment, it took my manager weeks to reply to emails or my manager would not reply at all. There were several things my manager was suppose to show me, but didn't. But, this job is doable and it is an easy paycheck. If you do apply, I hope you get a great manager.

Pros

Paycheck

Cons

no communication and no help

Great Company, no support for growth

Productive and face paced work environment. Workplace culture couldn’t be enjoyed due to management. More focused on personal numbers, instead of helping with team growth.

Supportive

USB has been a great experience so far. Management is very supportive and help you succeed. Training was very thorough although you are never ready to “go live”. If you stick with it, it gets easier until it’s just second nature. Customers can be hard to handle sometimes, but that is anywhere. Overall, USB has a good thing going.

Pitiful

It is what it is. I think you could say that my overall experience with U. S. bank was really, really, really disappointing. I felt the company mislead about the duties, and I ended up doing things I hate and I didn't expect tot have to do.

Pays well and an engaging job but zero support for personal situations.

I worked in the credit card division. All throughout training they pushed heavily on personal growth, the “family” culture, and being there for their employees.I had a personal situation which required an immediate temporary leave, and had to be on the phone listening to hold music for hours whilst in a high stress and sensitive situation trying to get an approval to be able to keep my job. I felt like there was zero empathy shown when I explained my situation and was told I would be on “probation” when I returned. In my opinion, it is the most apathetic company I have ever worked for, and they treat their employees like a number.

Pros

Good benefits

Decent Starting Bank

It's a good bank to start your banking career at but not much room for growth. They do not compensate fairly. You get stuck in one pay grade for far to long

Fast paced

Helpful staff and mangers, great benefits but the wages are too low for a bank, let’s face it with inflation anything less than $20 hour will not suffice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• U.S. Bank