Turner Industries

Turner Industries Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,989 reviews

Interesting

It's a great start with the construction field so you can get your foot in the door and make all the necessary connections you need to move up and learn different trades

Unorganized and horrible management

They have no ideas what their doing when it comes to janitorial. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone!!! Bosses are messy and drama filled. They get by telling you about the great benefits and pay.

Turner is a great company to work for and have plenty of opportunities for growth

Planning the days production needs to be met.Scheduling and time management.Management communicated well with one another.Great culture throughout the entire organization.Having to have reductions when work was low.The 23 years I was there and what I learned which helped me grow as a manager.

The absolute worst company I have ever ran across.

Nothing but scum, no benefits, awful environment. Bosses talk down to you and belittle you as much a possible. They pay well, simply because it’s such a misfit company.

Shell Geismer more specifically.

Overall the on site supervision was good. However there’s no room to move up. It’s just like all your other jobs down here. The cousins brothers uncle gets the promotion before a hand that knows their craft. It is what it is. You won’t change peoples minds, no matter how many certs, degrees, or personal assessments they do on you.

Pros

Treated us like actual people, lunch breaks were lunch breaks.

Cons

No advancement if you know your job. They’ll promote the lady’s.

Good place

Good overall work environment, good pay for starting out in this field and plenty of room for opportunity’s. Also in-house so you don’t have to worry about getting laid off

Long hours away from home

Great money and per diem for traveling construction. Worked with a lot of good men and women and was treated like family. Drawback is time between jobs and being away from family.

I can't say much good about Turner

I've worked for Turner for many years, and I don't know how they get away with the things that they do. They have built a monopoly in the Baton Rouge area by taking the maintenance in nearly every plant. Common sense and free thought are not allowed. You are forced to follow a computer algorithm when you start a job, even if it doesn't make sense. Dealing with management is like dealing with a lawyer. There is nothing but lies and carefully crafted speeches that come out of their mouths, so that they won't be held responsible for anything that goes wrong.

Pros

Cons

everything written in my review

It was a job

It's a ok place to work if u knew the right people then you had work and if u didn't know u sat at home and the equipment you had to work with is old and worn out

Pros

It paid the bills when there was work

Cons

Work wasn't always there

Great Company 👍

Great Company to work for!! I mean you have you're good Jobs and you're bad Jobs. But they were all Jobs where people came together to do a Job and get the Job Done!! All and all I give Turner a solid 8.55 out of 10 !! Have always done me right and treated me like a person!! Not a number!!

Good company

Good company to work for, always had work going on! Keep me busy and never really had any time off (layoff).Upper management was excellent to worn for!

Little room for advancement

Management under marathon makes this a terrible place to work. There is horrible compensation and overtime is a no go. They do not provide stipends or assistance with boots or twice cards.

Not a bad environment

Overall not a terrible place to work. The lack of PTO is disappointing as you only get one week of PTO after being an employee for a year. Other than that I don't have many complaints.

Decent place to work

Pay is fair pto is usually never denied unless someone already has off higher ups usually only move up people they like it isn’t a fair shot for everyone

Plenty of great people here.

I have worked at Turner industries as a pipefitter in plants all over Louisiana. I've spent a fair amount of that time working with Turner SWS. Turner has the hiring in process streamlined ,especially at its baton rouge hiring center.From the tool rooms to the cranes everything is top notch.

Pros

Fair wages.

Cons

Hard work.

Fun workplace

I had fun there I got to meet good people and learned alot there, sometimes it was slow since there were more companies working at the same time and material being ready

Pros

Good company

Cons

Great safety culture and coworkers

Great place to Work as you will learn a lot especially safety. The project manager and foreman that I worked with were good people. There’s always someone willing to teach you if you’re willing to learn.

average construction company with better working conditions than others average pay political no room for advancement unless you are connected

average company not bad not great not much room for advancement unless you know someone some really good people some not so good some jobsites pay benefits

Good company

Not too bad show up & negotiate, there are many out there, this is just one. They have good lunch breaks, & the dining area looks nice. Hats off for the thought in these areas.

Poor leadership and standards

I started working for Turner ten or so years ago, A typical workday is pretty much moving and setting up cranes and operating them. Operator Manager or supervisor is great to work for upper management not so great poor pay and condition is leading to very poor moral causing operators to leave and more getting ready to leave. As far as cultural goes good people to work with and great safety standards which I appreciate. As far as enjoyable not much from a company standpoint but the people are good to work with but qualified and skilled workers are leaving quickly.

Poor management

Pay is low, office steadily hiring incompetent individuals. Only real benefit is this is literally the easiest job i have ever had. Avg. Over 1000 hrs ot the last couple years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turner Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Turner Industries
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?