Truist Financial

Truist Financial Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,280 reviews

Great Company

BB&T is a wonderful company to work for, and I would work for them again. Unfortunately I would not work for a specific manager who was given a verbal warning after I left the company.

Pros

Wonderful co-workers, great work environment

Cons

Bad manager

Loved it!

Best job ever! My team and boss was the best! I learned a lot about commercial real estate loans, commercial loan processing, title insurance, and lines of credit

Fun place

Fun plans to work I enjoy the experience just don't like location good training good though and it taught me to be a great worker to go above and beyond.

Customer Service

The procedures and the apps is the most difficult, since you have to use multiple and you have little to not time to learn them all. The trainers are great and they really care about you learning, but is too many stuff to learn in so little time.

Pros

The pay and the sick hours

Cons

Short breaks and apps you have to use to help the customer

Great place to work!

They truly care about their employees and pay is competitive. Plenty of opportunities for advancement. Also pension and 401k match. Great benefits! I highly recommend.

Overall A good place to work.

I worked for this company over 4 years ago(before the name change, it was still BB&T) and it was a great place to work overall. There were issues with management that arose every now and then, but it was never anything that was impossible to fix.

Lacked good management

My experience is that there is too much work little training, management is not supportive or is completely unaware of the workload. Very poor work/life balance.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Poor management

Complicated to do a simple task

The more you do the more they ask for but pay stays the same. Plenty of employees that have been with the company are not payed accordingly. If you want good benefits and secure paycheck every other week this is your place to work.

Not great

Back stabbing, incompetent managers, 6 day work week, stress enough to put you on new medications. Horrible to work there… I wish I could get Bach the years I wasted there.

Management at many branches is unqualified

Individuals are treated differently. Some have to follow rules; others are not called out or disciplined for not following.Customer service has been outsourced to India; very frustrating; most are hard to understand and can’t solve the problem at hand.

Pros

Decent benefits

Cons

No flexibility with life’s demands. Expect way too much for the pay

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Truist Financial?

inclusive culture with opportunity to advance

Truist is a wonderful company to work for. Pay is very competitive and the benefits are awesome! At Truist, you never really feel like you're on your own. There are many resources to assist you to complete your tasks correctly and timely.

Used to be great place to work before megrger

Loved BB&T. Hated Truist. Loved my supervisor and team. Hated being short-staffed to the point of indefinite mandatory ot. Dealt with many angry customers because new processes were not communicated across the company. Many incorrect calls were sent to my deoartment. No urgency from corporate to resolve issues.

Training

Company provides great computer training for your job role with an instructor. Con to that is once done computer training finding training on site can be difficult they expect you to know everything right away.

Team environment. More of a sales environment than implied.

Training was sufficient in classroom setting with others onboarding (5-7 employees). On the job training was not as good as all employees were in their role less than a year as the company had just opened in the Charleston market. Fortunately, I was experienced in the industry and only needed to learn the company systems, policies and procedures.

Great place to work not to advance

Great place to work but little to no opportunity for advancement. Benefits and salary are superior to other companies. Company allows work from home as well.

Stressful and Understaffed

Chronic understaffing made it difficult to reach goals. Would have been a great place to work if there had been less turnover so that those of us with sales goals could work towards those and be more available to clients and uncovering opportunities.

Pros

Free banking and lowered interest rates

Cons

Long, inflexible hours in client facing positions

So stressful

Ever since this merger took place this job was stressful. Clients yelling at you...managers having unrealistic expectations of you. This place is a mess. Minimal support from your area leaders.

Horrible don’t do it

New systems barely work. Can change your schedule no warning. Management team talks to you horribly. Pay is extremely low for the amount of work you have to do

Overall it was a good place to work

I worked directly with the public on the teller line with Truist (formally BB&T) for 13 years. Overall this is a great company. At times I felt like management could improve in certain areas but no workplace is going to be absolutely perfect. The worst part of working the teller line would be dealing with the public. There are nice and sweet clients, but then there are ALOT of rude and mean ones that will fuss you out in a heart beat just because they may be having a bad day. So you have to be able to put a smile on your face no matter what and suck it up. But overall, the pay, benefits, and etc was worth it and a great place to work.

Terrible low pay

gives low pay for so much work you never will have a outside life you will hate it and coworkers be on you like they are the manger STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!

It was a job

15 years ago it was an amazing place to work where you felt.like you had community and a great place for a long career. After multiple mergers and staff layoff the environment is stressful. All branches are understaffed. It is difficult to take time off, so work life balance is hard. It is a very sales driven culture with goals increasing every year that seem unattainable to keep up with, especially with being short staffed. It absolutely impossible to deliver quality customer service while doing 3 other jobs or end up working the teller line all day. The average life span of an employee there is about 5 years. They leave for better pay and work environment. You truly feel.like just a number and are often reminded how replaceable you are. I would not recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Truist Financial. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Truist Financial