The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

Showing all 14,582 reviews

Definitely more for high school students

No room for growth.Job for someone in high school .Management are responsible. Customers are extremely nice .the job is not demanding. Coworkers friendly

Willing to work with you and your schedule. The money isn't the best, but it's a good stepping stone to get you back on your feet in a healthy way because they have a lot of support in there workplace from other employees.

Pros

Enviroment-easy going

Cons

Pay

Retail volunteer

I’ve been volunteering for 3 years this month and I absolutely love it. My Managers are amazing. So much fun meeting and greeting new people with a a very friendly environment. I highly recommend Salvation Army as a good start in retail experience.

Pros

Discount

Executive Administrative Assistant

First, the magnitude that The Salvation Army provides is outrageously unbelievable. When I think of the Army, I think shelter and food, but becoming a part of their team, I’ve been shown that it goes beyond that. It truly amazes me to watch good People, helping those in need at the most important time of their lives, going beyond just shelter and food. Meeting our residents where their at, understanding, and co-piloting a plan of success for each individual based on their necessities.I’ve worked at different organizations and I can say, I’ve never felt like I’m making a difference like I do, just by witnessing and being a part of transforming lives everyday.

Pros

Great Benefits, friendly environment, flexible hours and schedule, great starting out pay

Cons

None so far

Perfect job

Best job I ever had! Good salary, total support by the company, good job culture, team leaders very supportive, Posible progression in the company. Easy to work and sense of purpose

Pros

Good team spirit, good salary

Cons

Lack of exercise, tiredness as Woking on computer for long time

Fun

It a good place just be understanding and helpful and try to be a flexible as possible they many convenient locations suck as malls Costco s and grocery store

Pros

Choice of location that works for u

Cons

Schedule mix up

Excellent manager

Manager was excellent, Very supportive, encouraged team continuously.Flexible work placeUnderstanding of personal challengesCulture among workers was very competitive

Pros

Flexible work place

Cons

To many chiefs and not enough Indian s

Bell ringer

Really enjoyed my time as bell ringer at Macy's in Ala Moana mall in Honolulu it felt fulfilling to to raise money to help local people have food to eat and enjoy the holidays

Pros

Meet people

Cons

Do yourself a favor and search for employment elsewhere.

I was employed here for around two months and it was by far the absolute WORST job I’ve ever had. Firstly, management has their corporate goals set too high, especially for minimum wage, such as the ability to process 700 items per day (which is for solely one employee to achieve) for their BRIC department (such as housewares, electronics, toys etc.) and around 1,500 for cloth for the whole department. There is absolutely no opportunity for doing a variety of tasks, as said from management. You just do the same task and try to achieve their corporate goals day in, day out each day. Management doesn’t listen to employee’s complaints regarding ridiculous expectations regardless of seniority and you’re just another expendable number and replaceable at any time. When four people leave in just a matter of a week, there’s your cue to leave RIGHT THERE. There were people coming into work anxious about getting fired for not reaching those numbers set by the greedy goons of upper management. It was both physically and emotionally stressful for me, as well as my fellow coworkers’ lives. The whole irony of this whole experience is that TSA is supposed to be an organization devoted to making people’s lives better, when it made mine and others’ worse. It has definitely ruined the name and likeness of TSA and it’s mission for “Giving hope today”.

Pros

Coworkers, wages, perks

Cons

Corporate quotas, management, everything else

A rewarding place to work.

I met many colourful people there & made new friends, as well as old friends visiting the shop at times. I really enjoyed being able to help with rehoming things, so as to avoid wasting precious things donated in good faith from members in the community. The management & other volunteers were nice. It was good to have casual hours, though usually regular hours, so I could attend to other things & pick my children up from school too.

Pros

Able to take a break, when needed.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Salvation Army?

Working with various people

Diversity is well rounded,I enjoyed working with the people whom appreciated your willingness and kindness to serve them and their need.Seeing the clients live up to their potential with the assistance provided and support.

Pros

Free lunch various shifts

Cons

Short term work

Fun place to work but also can be physically demanding

I enjoyed working there most days. My coworkers were the best part of the job. I worked as a donation guy in the back which was physically demanding but it was simple.

Benefits

Cons

Management sucked

Enjoyed the job.The hours were great.

Review went fast and it was through. I was able to answer all of the Questions. Started within a day. Helped with stocking the floor, worked as cashier- kept the tills clean with proper change, help with closing and made night bank deposits.

Pros

Working at a fast pace and talking to people in the public

Cons

Needed more communication with the Upper management

Horrible management

Decisions based on preferences vs. what is best for the strategy and organization. No support from managers. Upper management not trained correctly.

Warehouse Worker Thrift Store

The management at my location were super nice and caring souls. The work was sweaty but not at all that bad with what I was tasked with. The people there make you stay and also the best part is watching people in need get help!

Pros

Staff and independence

Cons

Not very flexible hours

Horrible place to work

The Salvation Army is the most unorganized place to be employed. The management and HR do not care about the well being of the clients or the workers . Many had complained about how the workers was treating the individuals still nothing was done. There’s no work life balance. If you need to call out for any reason , sick or emergency they require you to find your own coverage if the coverage isn’t available then you have to come in half dead. I don’t recommend this company to anybody . Especially people who have children. Please don’t work for this company. The directors are horrible .

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Great Customers

Nonexistent management. Higher ups are no better. They play favorites and change the rules daily. No perch with this job. Sure you’ll get insurance and stuff but it costs you. And since it’s a church organization the same rules don’t apply to it as they do other companies. Pay is barely above minimum wage and raises are once a year and never more than .05 cents an hour. Over all if you have bills to pay don’t work here.

Pros

Cheap neecgNdise

Cons

Everything else.

It was an okay place to work

It was okay , management was terrible watching your every move , coworkers were rude and salty since nobody enjoyed their job. I did not enjoy coming to work each day Because of this . I made My money and went home

Not worth it

Not worth it, the money is too little compared to the work you do, staff don’t care about its employees, not enough employees for all the work in that store

Management needs, good pay, great program. Great workers, overall management and program needs reevaluation, changes need to be made to make the work environment healthier to work in.

Great Organization

A wonderful organization with a great purpose. The team is supportive, there is a flexibility and room for career advancement.I enjoy the times that I have spent here.

Pros

Family Environment

Cons

Leadership is very old school

6.2K
3.8K
2.6K
1.1K

• The Salvation Army
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?