The Phelps Agency

The Phelps Agency Employee Reviews

Commission Based only

You only get paid when you make the company money. There is room for growth and moving up but you have to put in more work than what you get out. One day a week is mandatory cold calls to get leads then the rest of the week is following up with leads to try and close cases. Training consists of learning different scripts/sale pitches. Once you get out of "training" you shadow someone for a few days (if you're lucky) then you're on your own. All materials are paid for by you. There is potential to grow and make money, but you have to work hard with no pay until something falls into place.

Pros

Positive work environment

Cons

essentially work for free, wear and tear on your car, paying for everything out of pocket with no compensation, lack of real formal training

Horrible company

Expects you to pay over $600 on your first interview, doesn’t reimburse you for any gas or mileage on your vehicle. Once you make appointments with companies, they come in and take the sale and are extremely pushy with clients. I actually lost money working here. Never received one paycheck from them

Positive and encouraging work environment

Being a part of The Phelps Agencies is the definition of a Opportunity of a Lifetime! When I joined the team, I had ZERO experience in the industry. With the guidance and support from the leadership team, I was trained and developed to grow daily and to be successful! If you are searching for a career that allows you to help others while making an income you did not think possible, YOU FOUND IT! This company is ready to pay you for what you put in. With that said, your willingness and determination to work hard will define your success! Also, you get to work along side the most positive and encouraging people. This fun and upbeat environment makes work feel more like a hobby!

Wonderful career that allows for work/life balance!

I came to the Phelps Agencies with NO experience in the industry at all so I was very apprehensive at first. It turned out to be the BEST career choice I ever made! The leadership team is amazing, so supportive in helping you to achieve your goals. This career can be whatever you want it to be, you just have to be willing to put the work in to make it happen. Hard work and dedication DOES PAY OFF here!!! One of the BEST things about this is that I have a work/life balance. I'm able to be home with my family every night and weekend which is invaluable to me. This is a GREAT career opportunity for hard working individuals with a positive attitude!

Opportunity of a Lifetime!!!!

Working for The Phelps Agencies has changed my life. The leadership team does anything and everything to ensure that you are successful. Without the leadership team, I wouldn't be where I am today. The system that is in place truly works as long as you work the system. If you are the type of person that like to help people and get paid very well for doing so, then look no further!! I have never worked for a company that pays you exactly what your worth!! As long as you work hard, never give up, and strive for greatness everyday, then the sky isn't even your limit for what you can do here at The Phelps Agencies. Thank you for giving me this opportunity and I look forward to continuing to grow with you all!

Flexibility and great work-life balance

I did not plan to leave a near-perfect review but as I went through the questions, I couldn’t help but give them all high marks. The job pays great, I can work as much or as little as I want/need, and I have a tremendous amount of support from my manager. You will succeed if you do the work. Some people can’t handle the flexibility and don’t actually do the work, then wonder why it “didn’t work out”.

Pros

Great pay, residual income, highly flexible, lots of support.

Cons

Must motivate yourself and be a self-starter.

Poor Management

The manager was a welder and has no prior management experience. In order to be successful you must be willing to be unethical, prepared to give up your spare time, and committed to working for no pay. You are not a benefits account representative you are an insurance sales agent. You are not being invited for an interview you are being invited to an orientation. You are lied to from the beginning. Manager doesn't know how to effectively communicate, fails to respond back to e-mails, lies about keeping your personal information secure, lies about when you will get paid (there is no training pay), lack of appropriate training (training is you memorizing scripts), manager is too busy lining his own pocket by getting you licensed (which he gets paid for each person licensed) and then you really are of no use to him. Weekly required Monday office days but you are a 1099 employee (which makes that illegal).

Pros

nothing

Cons

cost of being an agent (gas, car maintenance, food, time), management

Self Employed.

I operate this small home based business. I started this company after being laid off from the television industry. It's fun, but risky investment.

Pros

Set your own hours.

Cons

Can be risky investment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Phelps Agency. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The Phelps Agency
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?