The Hospitality Company

The Hospitality Company Employee Reviews

Good for students

Flexible job for students to earn money on the side of their studies! Lots of shifts at different times in different locations means that you can choose which ones are best for you!

Pros

Paid on shift

Cons

Irregular working

There are better options

THC is one of the worst companies for temp work. Their pay rate is awful - you will work shifts doing the same work as everyone else but people with other agencies will be getting £10+ per hour whilst you're getting minimum wage.Other companies also have a lot more shifts available and are much easier to communicate with. Please do your research if you are looking for temp work and make sure you are going with a good company!!!

Pros

sometimes they give you food on shift

Cons

long hours with barely any breaks, low pay

N/a

Great company to work for, great management, good teams, good work ethic. Good venues to work at, London locations and other outside areas. Travel an stuff reimbursed

El sueldo es muy bajo para un empleo en Londres pero muy buen ambiente

Sueldo muy bajo y exigen mucho pero los compañeros son muy simpáticos

fun place to work

You learn something new everyday. Very flexible you choose when to work. Great way to make new friends. People are very nice. I have leaned leadership,challenges, and trust. This job is very hands on always something to do every time. i have met famous people at this job. i really enjoy working here. meeting new people each time you work is amazing i bring smiles to everyone faces. it is very important to look presentable and have respect for others.

Flexible

very flexible for students shifts are always available very diverse fast-paced sometime stressful good hospitality experience gained range of venues to work at

The hardest part of the job probably would be the clean up afterwards

The work was nice but the management was just unprofessional at times because they treat people differently and sometimes they could be unfair, besides that the job roles where nice because they wasn’t to difficult and there was always something to do so we could never get bored

It was good experience at the management

south india culture good facilities provided for employees who work over here you will enjoy working over here you can manage all the work over here efficiently

Fun

Typical day at work means meeting new people and ajusting in a new environment. Managers are particularly lovely. It is just incredibly difficult to finmd shifts and applying to them in time.

Working at THC

good working locations and had a lot of fun with staff. only issue was the period of year and work began to go which meant I had to move on which was a shame

Le apparenze ingannano

All'inizio i primi colloqui sembravano tutti okay, si prospettava qualcosa di davvero interessante e ben fatto con tanto di corso di formazione completo su tutte le procedure di front office e risoluzioni di eventuali possibili problemi. Siamo venuti a sapere che c'erano già stati altri due gruppi prima del nostro. Non avendo avuto contatti con loro, non potevamo sapere più di tanto ma qualcosa risultava strana dato che iniziavano a parlare di lavoro di notte. Una volta arrivati sui posti di lavoro abbiamo scoperto che avremmo lavorato solamente di notte, a differenza di quello che ci avevano detto durante il periodo di formazione, e di conseguenza tutto quello che abbiamo studiato in quel periodo non ci è praticamente servito a niente in quanto i software che usavamo a lavoro erano totalmente diversi da quello su cui abbiamo studiato e le procedure di lavoro erano per la maggior parte diverse se non inesistenti in certi casi (sempre rispetto al periodo di formazione). Riassumendo con un esempio, abbiamo studiato tutte le procedure di front office e siamo finiti a preparare i tavoli delle colazioni, tirare aspirapolvere e mocho, chi addirittura preparare colazioni (buffet, cucinare le uova, salsicce, bacon, bevande ecc.). Insomma, ci hanno presentato un qualcosa di molto ben fatto e interessante per poi darci qualcosa di totalmente diverso e inatteso. I gruppi successivi al nostro hanno avuto delle delucidazioni un pelo più chiare ma sempre e comunque al limite della truffa. I contratti di lavoro che abbiamo firmato erano a nome di The Hospitality COmpany BV ma in -

Not paid, paid wrong hours,hours cut

Please, please, PLEASE, whatever you do DO NOT WORK FOR THE HOSPITALITY COMPANY. That is unless you like fake pay rates, not being paid, not being given your expenses and having your hours undercut on your payslip. Management is TERRIBLE. This company will exploit you if you let them. I’d recommend host staffing,high society basically any other agency that isn’t The Hospitality Company

Great to choose when you wanted to work!

Okay company, some major flaws in management. Good if you're a student needing flexible hours! Usually you work different events with fun people which helps you get through the shift.

Pros

0 hour contract

Cons

Disorganised

False promises and fake laws

Worked a wedding in Herefordshire, was promised that transport would paid for. Worked two 10 hour shifts in a row, transport was late by two hours both nights, both shifts meant I got back to London at approx 5am. Got paid £20.

Unreliable pay and poor management

An awful place to work having been at numerous hospitality companies. They often get your pay wrong and put you on shifts you never apply for. £7.30 is also very low pay in comparison to most, would not recommend to anyone. There is also fines for very unreasonable things and its often due to the poor staff management.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Low pay Poor management Untrustworthy

So-So

This company offeres a trainign (that should be free but they charge for it), so it does not really matter if you have experience or not they will take you and train you. You just need to be over 18, be elegible to work in the UK and you are good to go. As a hospitality staff there is a lot of room to promote oneself into different roles (back of bar, management, bar staff, etc.), the ability to work when you can and work more than 40 h per week with their 0 h contract is very suitable for students and people who wish to earn some pocket money over the weekend. These events grant you the possibility to aquire new contacts with the clients you will be working for and possibility for new job opportunity. Over all I would give 6/10 rating. its not to bad, comes with its own benefits and disadvantages. however I would recommend to consider carefully which events you work and what you can do.

Pros

Work when you want

Cons

minimum pay compared with other agencies.

Do not apply for work in this company

I did read these reviews before joining this company and I thought that these negative reviews can not be true. Unfortunately, after working some time for this company, I have to agree with all the frustration reflecting back from these reviews. Basically they hire almost everybody. If you have two legs, two hands, you can carry two plates and speak a little bit of English, then you are hired. Even if you do not know anything about hospitality and you are as slow as you were half-sleep, you are hired. That is good, because you have a job! But, even if you can do better then this minimum requirements, then you treated like a person without a voice. You do not have a voice, opinion and you are treated like a member of invisible herd. You questions will be unanswered, it does not matter if you call to the office or send an email. You can send one email twice to three separate individuals ( or should I say to "respectful members of the management") but there is no answer. And these unanswered questions were not complicated, I wanted to know very simple things! So, do yourself a favour and never apply for work in this company. I do not complain about not getting free food and drinks during my shifts (I got the packed lunch every single time and once I was on the site, I had no complains about the local management, people who were actually in charge of the event), I also do not complain about long hours (which is quite normal in hospitality). I have to admit that I did not enjoy being a transporter (you needed constantly carry the tables, chairs, rubbish etc. as an assignment) -

Pros

Free lunches, some of them were delicious, most of them actually completely rubbish!

Cons

THC are not the bottom they digging underneath

The Hospitality Company are slave recruiters who think they own you and for the miserable salary they offer, you should be thankful. Their attitude is unexceptable and honestly rude. 99% of the time you’re overbooked, which means you go to the event 4-5 (best-case) hours earlier and you have nothing to do but waiting and loosing your time. Of course nobody would pay you for that. Also it’s a normal thing to change your hours in the last minute without notice and if you’re not capable of doing it, don’t worry they’ll charge you unexpected fee of 35£. Never expect to be valued as their worker, that never are going to happen. Forget about the free meals, water or breaks, that is just a lie they try to hook you up. THC don’t pay for ride after midnight, no matter what they saying but you’re going to figure that out at the end when you received the payroll. And if this is not enough for you than what is? Make yourself a favor and never work for them!

Pros

Cons

Inhuman attitude, no free meals, no breaks, no appropriate training, low pay

fun work place

I always have so much new things to learn when working with The Hospitality Company and meet so many amazing people each day. It is a productive, fun environment with a wide range of venues which always keeps the job interesting. I have learnt to be patient and open minded while working with THC and it has encouraged me to be independent and a hard working individual.

Pros

free lunches

Do not work here

This company is by far the worst you could ever work for. In my experience, I had my shift changed by someone from the office IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT the day before when I was meant to work, from what was originally a 4 hour cloakroom shift ending at 7PM, to a 10 hour drinks staff shift ending at 2AM. Baring in mind I am of a pettit frame and still in collage, they didn’t give any consideration to this what so ever and told me I would be charged £35 if I refused to do the shift. They promised me £10/hr at my inconvenience to my previous shift getting cancelled on the day (another thing that happens a lot) however, when I received my payslip at the end of the month, they only payed me the standard wage of £7/hr and took copious amounts of chasing up until a whole month after before they acc gave me the correct amount I was owed. Also, they promise a £25 taxi allowance that ‘will be refunded with your payslip’ however this is a lie. You don’t get that refunded. Also, I heard from other workers that money would ‘mysteriously’ leave their account from the company until confrunted about it. It didn’t happen to me but I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it did. The company also charge you £35 you can’t attend the shift you booked onto- no matter the reason. You also receive a bombardment of emails and phone calls from them almost bullying you into doing shifts as they are highly understaffed. This company is all about making money for themselves and don’t really care about any of their workers. I would rather have no money that work for the penny’s this company -

Pros

Cons

Underpaid/ long hours/ unreliable/ lies/ rude office people/ bullying/ absolutely everything

Flexible

I throughly enjoyed working for the company. it was fast paced. which I enjoyed. I was able to engage with customers and help meet their needs. Overall, it was a great working environment.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hospitality Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The Hospitality Company
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?