The Home Depot

The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Showing all 59,632 reviews

No work/life balance, but decent people and pay

Home Depot paid pretty decent during my time there, but in my position there was no way for me to have a set or somewhat consistent schedule, which led to numerous shifts ping-ponging from starting at 5am to 9am, or closing with no real reason. Management was pretty good at my location and seemed to care about the people if you were doing your job right. Not a bad place to work, but not a long term one for me.

Pros

Decent people and pay.

Cons

unpredictable schedule, coverage

Fun workplace

Homedepot is the best retail job I have worked at they very good with your flexibility and help you for anything you need for you and family pay is Great can’t complain and u can work a lot of over time as needed. Benefits are great

Pros

Every holiday free lunches

Cons

Na

Lack of employees

Too much workload and lack of employees. You have to look after other departments along with your department. Pay doesn't match the effort you put into work.

Bad management

Management was the worst while I worked here. It was obvious they didn’t care about anyone but themselves. The environment was toxic and was often very negative due to those higher ups. I would not recommend working here

The management and staff makes the job

The actual job in itself is super easy, but if you have a sucky staff or management this job will suck. People will boss you around the whole day and treat you like a toddler if you had as bad of a management as I did. The other cashiers were friendly though. Also the compensation sucks but they have good benefits which doesn’t matter to me because I am a college student not an older person.

Pros

Easy job, long breaks

Cons

bad management, boring at most, low compensation

Hard work minumal pay, they say you have good perks but really don't

I worked at the home depot for 3 years, two in a half years as a back breaking lumber associate. I had to fight to get any raises an was told i did not deserve the raise I was gertting. I was one of the few that knew the whole store and could help the customer from begining to end with whatever project they was doing. I would alsao get disiplined by my superviser for doing this. I could also help them get things they needed at a cheaper price. I made sure I knew where in town a person could get what they needed when The home depot didn't have what they needed. I would aslo call said business and make sure they had it and what the price was so the customer knew what they was getting into. Nobody at the store would go the extra mile and when I left I was making a small amount as a specialist and found out people that was there less time and barley knew the job made more than me. This company is a good stepping stone but not the lifetime carreer they claim to be.

Bad morale

I worked 10 days straight with no lunch coverage due to our store short staff in management. I made a rash decision to resigned because stress working 10 days straight.

Renowned Company with Professional Growth Opportunities

-The Home Depot allows an employee to learn in a multitude of departments, which better prepares you for immediate growth within the store, district, regional, or corporate.-The environment is always friendly, welcoming, and warm to all.-The company holds many raffles and holiday events to keep employees engaged and feel appreciated.Great place to start and end your career, as THD truly embodies its core values.

Pros

Great family like environment, supportive management, growth opportunities.

Cons

Always on your feet.

Fast pace good environment

Plenty of stuff to do to make your shift go by fast. Great place to work. Management was good. Job was easy unload trucks and put merchandise on shelves.

Good and bad

Home Depot is a amazing company with great benefits however it depends on what Home Depot you apply for, cause the Home Depot I apply for was horrible

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Home Depot?

Decent place to work

It’s a good place to work especially if you are into the whole construction and carpentry type stuff. Management at store 1770 could use some adjustments! They show favoritism and if your not in the little “click” then your just Stuck

They are a good company, with opertunites for advancement within the company.

I enjoy my work at Home Depot and enjoy my interactions with the public. My associates and supervisor are very nice and helpful. I learned a new skill of which I have enjoyed very much. I look forward to learning more new skills in the future and undertaking new responsibilities.

No appreciation for hard work

The more I did outside of my job description the more they took advantage. IE- dusting cleaning helping out in other departments. Giving my customer to fellow employee to help them with their quota.

Consistent

Once you put in work consistently, it opens doors for good relationships with management/employees. Worked there for about 2 years, but I left due to new employees coming in with higher starting pay than I did even regardless of my 2 raises they made more than me.

Culture No.1, strong family like environement

Very busy. Huge focus on customer service which is great. Huge focus on the hourly associate which is phenomenal. Our particular store was my second family. We all worked hard and enjoyed each others company.

Pros

Loads and Loads of free meals At least once a month, Celebrations for everything that we could find, Free food for associates that need it on a daily basis, Strong Safety culture, Great training opportunities, Great advancement opportunities (to a point), Works around other jobs fairly well

Cons

Poor work life balance, Have to request weekend off if you want one

Productive and fun place to work

Is a great family team… and love to work in there. I learn a lot, management is ok… they do a lot activities for the company and I love share time twice a year… pay us not too good

Enjoyed coworkers but work was labor intensive and weather permissive

The position was the problem for me. The company itself was fine. The management was kind and reasonable, but the work to be done in all types of weather except bad rain and storms of course, was not preferable. A lot of heavy lifting.

Productive and Great depending on the department

The company offers a lot growth if your willing to relocate and grow . I worked in specialty dealing with customers who are paying a lot of money for no mistakes . It helps when you working in great team that help balances the work load .

very people oriented, productive , and a great place to interact with the community

My day would start with unloading/loading orders from our shippers of lumber or stocking building materials. Throughout the day I would help people with cutting lumber, stocking our products and ensuring a safe work and shopping enviroment.

Pros

hour lunch, incentive awards

Never received a raise in 6 years

Terrible company to work for never received a raise in 6 years and l met and exceed my goals being told no increase no one can live off this salary

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Terrible company

Great Work Ethic

I loved working at The Home Depot. I worked there for 9 years and only missed two days. It is a great place to work with a very friendly work environment. Young and old are welcome there. Once you get your foot in the door there is lots of room for advancement. I had some personal issues that had to be taken care so I resigned and I hated it. I would love to go back to work there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The Home Depot
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?