The Emirates Group
View all The Emirates Group reviews

The Emirates Group

The Emirates Group Employee Review

Beware of office politics / Drug & Alcohol test - Zero tolerance

Extreme Asian culture & too much office politics, one must stay aloof from such unethical practices at work at all time.Emirates Airlines HR has a zero tolerance on drug & alcohol consumption. Make sure you know your duty roster well. Specially, if you are into operations.Make sure you punch in / out from work on time or else you will end up in deep consequences (verbal / written warning letters followed by termination). Emirates Airlines may not be one of the best pay masters but yes, does provide job security. Employee's growth within the company is a big issue. Having said that, one must advance his / her skills & knowledge for better recognition (best would be to enroll in any relevant aviation courses provided by Emirates Aviation College).We do get to see some management glitches but overall you will find them cooperative. Since it is a big organisation with thousands of employees, make sure you are well briefed & follow the cascade effect.

Organized

The learning process within Emirates is organized and the staff always encourage you to learn and get exposed to their facilities no matter how you perform.
Same location

A good healthy working environment, at least for me, we worked from 0700-1530, we took off on weekends and were always off during public holidays. There is opportunity for growth if you put the hardwork and be at the right place at the right time.There was disparity in salaries between staff even of the same grade and responsibility due to nationality, which was something that did not settle well for me and for many other staff.
Same location

Great benefits and exciting industry but you have to work hard for it

A great company with lots of opportunities to learn but very hard to progress. No flexible working practices.Very fast paced as always lots of projects going on.

Pros

Travel benefits

Cons

Old school HR practices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Emirates Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The Emirates Group
  • Beware of office politics / Drug & Alcohol test - Zero tolerance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?