The Emirates Group

The Emirates Group Employee Reviews for Stewardess

Found 27 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,309 reviews

It was the best years of my life I worked as crew for Emirates.Very fun working environment.Very young and friendly crew most of the time! Great memories,excellent salary and benefits.Best company you can find to work in Dubai for.

Pros

Housing allowance, meal allowance, tickets, discounts.

Cons

Very long hours, physical exhaustion, working during holidays.

The Best Employer Ever !!!!

We were so spoiled as Cabin Crew. I loved every minute of my flying career with Emirates Airlines and so I lasted for 10 years. I didn’t want to leave until my life circumstances have to make me resign. It became a comfort zone to me. Amazing Tax Free Salary, nice paid accommodation in Dubai, Top Notch Employee benefits etc .. Dubai is an absolutely nice city. Amazing colleagues. Emirates Group is constantly investing on its employees’ training and development. Professional People. Emirates is the company that I feel so proud to work for.

Pros

The Best in Everything! Best Employer ever !!

Cons

Flying schedule can possibly be tight depending on global events

Amazing sky job

The Emirates group has a lot of opportunities for individual. I really love flying and miss it now. The travel benefit was amazing. A lot of free time on days off to do anything i want. There is a lot of flexibility as a flight attendant as i get a lot of free time to rest and relax.

Pros

Amazing benefits

Cons

Being away from family

Productieve en gezellige werksfreer

Bedrijfscultuur is zeer dynamisch. Onregelmatige werkdagen en goede sfeer aan boord

Enjoyed 90 % of my time at EK

International group. Safety standards are very good. Service training is the best. Security training is fantastic. The environment is what you make of it. If you wish to have a great day you will. Moving up the ladder is quick they have many opportunities to grow. As crew you have opportunities to improve yourself via home study college courses etc... Networking is amazing you'll meet many people

Great chance to see the world

An amazing opportunity for young people. Most of us work in order to afford to travel but here you can travel while making money. Salaries much better than in Canadian airlines

Life Changing Experience.

Emirates is a company which provides employees with a lot of benefits. Exciting new opportunities working with people from different countries. Experiencing new cultures in a multi national environment while being paid to travel the world giving the best flight experience working under the name of one of the world best airlines.

Pros

Earning a tax free salary.

Cons

No room for progression.

fun if you want to travel

Emirates has great benefits and vacation time. It can have a stressful peer reporting work environment though. As a stewardess you don't really get to know your managers or coworkers personally, and they change frequently, however they are really big extending the company environment into your personal life with company accommodation and lots of company sponsored functions. They really want your whole life/ lifestyle to be about the Emirates brand. That can be annoying at times and I suggest if you work there to really network and find friends outside of the company. It's actually harder than you think. Poor management because many were never crew in the first place and can't comprehend the issues you deal with daily at work. This might be a problem if you had issues with a customer or you have a family emergency, because its hard for them to relate. company benefits include medical (including dental), accommodation, discounted airfare for you and your loved ones, and discounts all over dubai (health, clubs, fitness, beaches, restaurants, etc..).

productive and fun work place

multicultural environment learned: leadership, time management, working under stressful conditions. the most enjoyable part of the job is having different set of crew in each flight.

Exciting and Dynamic Workplace

It's been a great experience working with Emirates as I have learnt to be tolerant and understanding with different cultures work ethics. The job have taught me to look at situations and people in a different perspectives. A typical day starts with crew briefing whereby we see who we will be flying with on that flight followed by aircraft safety checks and catering. Crew gets the opportunity to attend leadership training courses or inflight service workshop to get updated on new service sequence. Crew also get a chance for promotion regardless of your seniority. Everyone has a fair share of work to do when on the aircraft and we emphasise a lot on teamwork, taking initiative and being alert at all times to ensure the safety of the passenger and team members. Due to unforeseen circumstances such as delays, diversion etc, I have also learn to multitask and prioritise the workload due to time constraint as well as to avoid any unnecessary panic to passengers. Trying to stay awake on a night flight while keeping it all together with a smile is the hardest part of the job. Patience and compassion is needed not only towards myself but to everyone around me but nonetheless, it is an exciting job because I get to see the world, worked with so many nationalities, opportunities to learn so many things and meet people of different background and cultures.

Pros

Travel, Discounted Tickets

Cons

Long Flying hours

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Emirates Group?

amazing place to work its so diverse

working for Emirates was one of my favourite experiences ever i got the chance to travel around the world and meet amazing people from all over the world learned a lot from the different cultures and their traditions. the management was always great always striving to hep us and support us to be better and better workplace culture is very diverse as an airline we got to work with people from all over the world all walks of life our mutual understandings would come from the different experiences we have shared while flying the hours of flying were hard for me when we land in a new destination that i have never been before and the relations we make with the crew as well as the passengers

Pros

rent free, tax free, free transportation.

Cons

long hours and missing home

Un ottimo impiego per qualche anno

Lavorare come Stewardess per Emirates è stata un'esperienza fantastica che consiglio a chiunque abbia il desiderio di intraprendere un'avventura all'estero o che non veda futuro in Italia. Il lavoro è molto stimolante, in un mese si ha la possibilità di essere da una parte all'altra del mondo; tuttavia i ritmi sono molto frenetici e capita molto spesso di lavorare di notte, di conseguenza il fisico non accetta con molta facilità la sregolatezza che deriva da tali orari. Dubai è una città decisamente diversa rispetto a quelle europee. L'alloggio viene fornito dall'azienda che copre tutte le spese relative (luce gas ecc ecc) e si usufruisce dei bus di Emirates per andare al lavoro. Se si è fortunati alcune abitazioni sono vicino al centro mentre altre sono veramente in zone molto periferiche della città. Ad ogni volo si lavora con persone diverse e sconosciute e i passeggeri sono davvero di varie tipologie, quindi bisogna essere molto flessibili. All'interno dell'azienda è davvero facile fare carriera.

Pros

Alloggio fornito dall'azienda

Cons

Orari di lavoro in continuo cambiamento e notturni

Professional, friendly work place.

I loved flying, and being part of a cosmopolitan team. Our work atmosphere was always friendly and Emirates Airline takes really good care of us. Our day to day routine was primarily safety and taking care of our customer’s needs. We are trained to make others feel as if they have a second home at 30,000ft. above ground. I am grateful for the memories and unique experiences that it brought me. I learned so much, it’s like I obtained a bachelor’s degree in human-related service, first aid, safety and security. As far as I’m concerned, Emirates is a great airline. I had the opportunity to work in the office and to travel with unique and fantastic customers and fellow crew members. There are many benefits to the job. I am lucky enough to cross the world and get to top up my tan in Rio. But the reality is that although I did experience these wonderful things, over the years, I was constantly so incredibly tired. With night flights and time differences to deal with, my body rarely recovered. It is because of this reason; I am seeking a stable routine job and lifestyle.

Pros

Travel, people, friendly work atmospere, great benefits

Cons

Night flights, Seeking work on ground.

A great work experience

It is fun working with different kinds of people with different personalities as well as culture and background. Able to work and travel at the same time.

Pros

Free travel

Great place to work if you are young

Most Emirates employees have to relocate to Dubai hence if this suits you, there no other company better than Emirates in Dubai. Fun and multinational working environment that enriches your views on world and life. Good salary and benefits.

Good work experience and exposure

This is a good company to work for with no job security. Most enjoyable part of the job is that you travel a lot & meet a lot of people with different cultural backgrounds. Job location: Based in Dubai

Productive Company

Great cosmopolitan working environment. Stressful job but can be fun sometimes. The management does not give enough reorganization and incentives to staff to motive them. Instead, increasing working hours and stress from the management demotivate staff to go to work. The staff resigning ratio has reached a historic high currently.

productive

Love the idea of travel, meeting new people and travelling to new destinations. Safety and security is primary, customer care is important too

Pros

Satisfaction

Cons

shift work

Ensuring the highest level of service is achieved.

Managing, guiding and coaching my multi national team, helps me understand better different personalities, characters and cultures. Gaining feedback from my customers is essential on day to day basis. This not only helps me to grow as a leader, but also forward the information to the Company to improve its Products and Services. This also helps the Company to always be ahead of competitors. Dealing with medical cases, from a simple fainting to a suspected heart attack has made me stronger as a person, and helped me deal with working under pressure in a calm and professional manner. Wether a customer complaint is about an IFE or seat malfunction, delays or service shortfall, it is my job to ensure that, me and my team, ensure that all customers leave the aircraft with a smile. This is done by effective communication, problem solving, using on board resources and thinking outside the box.

Pros

Travel Benefits, Accomodation Benefits, Meal Allowances.

Cons

Night Shifts.

Lifestyle

Working for Emirates Airline has been a very enjoyable experience as well as challenging, from my irregular working hours to working with different people everyday. I enjoyed the travelling and the benefits that Emirates provides their employees with. I learnt how to deal with customer dissatisfaction in a very positive way and how to work with all and any cultures.

Pros

Medical Aid, Travel Benefits, Free Accommodation

Cons

Sleep Deprivation

Great to do it for a few years

Dysfunctional management focused on guarding their job at any cost even if it means practicing unfair decisions to crew. It almost looks like the flight crew are useless for the company from the way they are pushed beyond their limits. On contrary the flight crew are the ones actually on the front line doing the job. Unintellectual, illogical and inexperienced management emails and conversations were insulting for an average thinking human being. Please hire challenging, educated, experienced and analytical people that don't operate as machines to manage departments.

Pros

Concessional tickets to employees and family, living in a safe city-Dubai, diverse culture work environment

Cons

Long hours, micromanagement, expanding rapidly but not knowing how to manage it, never ending updates that are contradictory, rigid and uneducated managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Emirates Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2