The Emirates Group

United Arab Emirates30 reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & Benefits

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,325 reviews

A very productive and fun workplace

One of the best places to work with a very flexible and accommodating management and other perks and benefits that follow. Getting to deal with different cultures is also an added advantage of this job.

No comments

Low chance to grow in the company. Long hours duties. Night shifts with unconvinient timings ( for example midnight to 10 ) . Bad medical insurance. Difference in salary based on nationality.

Pros

No free lunches

Cons

Long hours, night shifts, uncomfortable timings

Stressful but challenging work place

I worked in the Airport. It was a very busy and stressful place to work. I was assigned in Transfer Desk where you will have to connect the passengers in their connect flights.

Pros

free lunches

Wonderful place to work

A multi cultural work environment which is very dynamic.Everyday is a challenging day.Working with Emirates is fun and you will get a lot of flying benefits.It wa s a venue for me to develop and learn new things.I love working with Emirates!!!

The Best Airline in the World

I have been working in Emirates for the past 5 years. It was challenging and an exciting environment. The management are all professionals with a high moral standards. Emirates values their employees and gives appreciation. There is an opportunity for career advancement and always provide trainings.

Pros

Tax free salary, unlimited 90% off airline tickets worldwide, free 1 ticket per year worldwide, hotel & water park discounts, lots of days off & overtime, discounted UAE visa for immediate families, free staff transportations

Cons

No yearly bonus

Good, but tough experience

Gained experience in working in international enviroment, and working in so many different shift patterns. Fattigue will appear very fast. Very difficult to communicate with the management.

Pros

Discounted travel tickets

Cons

Low salary, no life balance

ITs Fun and Happy place to work around different people or differnent nationalities

Its easy and simple even its like stressful when you deal with different nationalities complaints and demand. each day and whole 12 hours duty needs to check passengers ticket and travel documents and reservation and yet you have to be nice and polite no matter how stressful the situation is. And focus on the situation and act as per the level of demand of the passengers need. it was wonderful because I worked with different nationalities we worked as a team, after all i love being around with people so i found it excellent place to with.after all workmates are fun, when we have issues to solve its the same we have each others back and maintain ourselves calm. focus and listen to the customers needs and wants, well hardest part of job is I guess not having enough sleep sometimes on graveyard shift, but still not a huge problem coz its part of the job , I'm working on the airport busy place and seeing different people was the most enjoyable part, working with the airlines and working at one of the busiest airport in the world you will never really feel sleepy and your duty is long hours time fly's. And the most exciting part is that when were off we can travel anywhere with our benefits to travel anywhere we want to.

Pros

Discounted tikcet with other airlines also, not juts for me but for family.

Productive workplace with a lot to learn

It was a great experience after working for the airline for 3 years, had a chance to improve and develop customer service skills, the accommodation was not good enough and the salary was low and not improving!

Emirates sounds great on the outside, but there is another story on the inside

Shift work, shifts can be 12 hours and end at 10,12am. Company is too big that someone would care about a particular person. Vice president once said that there are thousands of applicants for each of you, so you may resign or leave, the company will not feel that. Quite challenging career-wise growth, as managers tend to prefer same nationality workers when it comes to giving promotions. Salary is very low in comparison with cost of life in UAE. Different approach and less benefits to ground staff against cabin crew, which was quite upsetting as the work flow is tremendously high. Very small difference salary-wise between positions. very big difference salary-wise on high positions which are practically impossible to achieve if one does not have friends or relatives in higher management. Great possibility to travel around the world due to benefits of working in airline. Staff in ground operations is too tired to feel happy. Company takes great care of training the staff before sending to duty. Company provided transportation to work place. A lot of staff is leaving the company shortly after joining as only then they see the other side of Emirates. More staff is leaving in first 1 to 3 years. I was stubborn on career growing within the company and reached next level, but never found a next step promotion, so i decided to grow my career in other place.

Pros

discounted airline tickets

Cons

ground staff is too tired to feel happy

It is about doing technical job, where you will always get the support of the Team.

In general, Emirates Airline is worth to work with. The benefits to travel are amazing. The work Environment is rather positive. I am being shared the happiness of the premium class passnegers working in a few key departments, like check-in, lounges, STPC.

Pros

Lack of Trainings for the staff who want to learn more /grow.

Cons

The benefits of travelling around the world.

workplace made me stressfull

Communication skills, facing and solving problems, work under pressure, multi-tasking, team job. the best benefits are travel.