The Emirates Group logo

The Emirates Group Employee Reviews for Flight Attendant

Flight Attendant461 reviews
United Arab Emirates461 reviews

Found 461 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,631 reviews

Great pay but intense workload

Pro: The company pay really well.Con:Intense workload.sometimes you fly too much with not enough rest for example ULR with only 20 hrs plus layover.Hard to swap flights and leave.

poor management

the management is very biasedNo freedom to give your opinionClearly lacks emphathy and no visionNever i have seen unorganised disoriented managementnegative environment, toxic colleagues

Flown for Emirates

Working in Dubai for Emirates Airline is such a prestige. Worked as an in-flight crew as Cabin Service Assistant and loved every minute of it especially doing layovers on different countries and flights where I meet new people from different cultures and backgrounds. Everything is paid for: accommodation, transportation and allowances.

Exhilarating, glamorous, rewarding, diverse, dynamic, and prestigious.

A typical day at work is fast-paced, filled with passenger interactions and safety responsibilities. I learned effective communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills. Management is supportive but demanding. The workplace culture is diverse and inclusive. The hardest part of the job is managing long flights and jet lag. The most enjoyable part is creating memorable experiences for passengers and exploring new destinations.

Pros

Exhilarating, Lavish, Enthralling, Culturally immersive, Esteemed, Fulfilling

Cons

Exhausting, demanding, unpredictable, isolating, challenging, and physically taxing.

Great benefits

Apparently it was improved for employees but when i was a crew I worked like a headless chicken. So much work and the management wasn’t great.Great benefits and had fun traveling though!

The Emirates Group insights

What people like

• Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Areas for improvement

• Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job

Very bad treatment

They aren’t transparent at all about their policy and work processes and they can fire you at short notice for literally no reason also the managers can be very arrogant

Great company to work for

Great experience to work for emirates as a Flight attendant, you get to fly to a lot of destinations and see the world. company provide accomodations and transport to work.

Fun job, bad management

It’s can be a good job if you don’t take it too seriously. Managers are terrible so just keep your head down and stay away from the office as much as possible. Passengers can be very demanding. Stay for a short time, enjoy the money and the lifestyle, but the culture of fear will wear you down if you’re not careful

good opportunity, but prepare to work hard

Overall good experience. You get to travel the world and benefits are great. But you work hard, you are tired most of the time and work-balance is a real challenge. Mostly suitable to people in their 20s.

Pro’s and con’s

Good tax free salary, free rent and bills. Some great destinations. Can be a toxic work culture, hierarchy issue, some awful seniors who get a kick out of bullying newer crew. No one dare speak up in case they are reported.

Company didn’t care about you

Its good to live a glamorous life, especially with top airlines. however, the company didn’t care about you and you are just a number. If you genuinely sick too frequent, they will just end your contract

Toxic workplace

It was one of my dreams to work as cabin crew for Emirates for some time, but the toxicity of the work culture completely changed my view on this company.

Great place for those at beginning of their career

If you are looking to start your career in aviation, Emirates is a great place to be but no more than first 2 years. That's the right time to take decision, which career path you want to follow. Work environment benefits to create long lasting friendships. Many people get stuck in same position, for years, which is reason why they are not satisfied with this job anymore.Benefits vs short time vs Base worth but just for a short period of time.

Fast pace life , enjoyable

Lots of benefits , fast pace life , strict at times , but overall a nice place to work if you like Dubai. Load of benefits that smaller companies don’t give

Sometimes challenging but has great travel benefits!

I love my time working for Emirates, if I didn’t settle down and left Dubai,I would for sure still be working for Emirates. The benefits were great, almost all of my expenses like lodging, utilities, transportation to and from work are being provided, I got to travel and see amazing places because of my travel benefits. Downside is, the schedule, it is tough and you fly everywhere, one day you’re in Europe, the next day you could be in Asia or Australia. Lots of red eye flights and turnaround flights. You really need to take care of yourself cause you do get sick a lot. Some flights have very challenging passenger profile, you just have to be prepared for that. As for management, it depends on what type of Cabin Crew Manager you got, I once had a Manager that didn’t care, although he visited me at the hospital when he found out I was truly hurt after my flight. The next manager I got was super sweet and caring, she was always checking up on me. As long as you follow the company rules and you don’t get passenger complaints, you’ll be fine. You need to have a lot of patience dealing with customers cause they do expect exceptional service for the price they’ve paid.

Pros

Utilities, apartment, transportation to and from work are provided

Cons

Lots of red eye and turnaround flights, crazy schedules, you’ll encounter lots of difficult passengers

Worth working for short term

What I liked:- You see the world (just for 24-48 hours though)- Multicultural environment- Good salary (around 18-20 k aed a month if you live out of accommodation)What I didn't like:- The career growth doesn't depend on you, depends on time in the grade only and the company needs- Not enough days off between flights and leave days to restore the energy- Shift working hours, working a lot at nights with lack of rest- Hard work goes unnoticed while every little mistake gets documented and don't you dare to get sick, you won't get upgrade and you will get everyday calls!My conclusion: It is worth working but try not to stay there for longer than 1 contract (3 years). Your health and good sleep are more important.

Productive and fun environment

Travel the world and earn at he same time.Good salary and a fun and rewarding environment. You never work with the same crew which is a plus. You meet so many different people with different colture

Memorable life

It is a very tiring job but it was the best thing I have ever done.-Great benefit-International co-workers -Good lifestyle But-Not that nice management -Lack of working consistency

Travel, benefits, not nice to employee

Travel the world, company doesn’t appreciate employees. Good benefits, cheap tickets, staying in nice hotels all over the world. Multicultural, good accommodation, transportation

Demanding but worth it

For all young people looking for and adventure it is totally worth it. Nevertheless company completely owns their crew and it is really hard to burst that bubble.

Travel the world

You get to travel but you have to work hard for it to reach the destination dealing with passengers and emergencies. Lots of ups and downs. You have to get used to the lifestyle of different timezones.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Emirates Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question