TD Bank

TD Bank Employee Reviews

Showing all 8,279 reviews

Was an fun enviroment to work in but very long hours and not alot of overall growth opportunity

Great people and fun enviromentLong hours of work and lack of overall compensation for the workGreat team atmosphere

Pros

great team enviroment, decent management

Cons

overall compensation, lack of long term opportunities

Ok place under right management

Unfair micromanage numbers game I worked there for 3 years moved up mutinied times last manager micromanage me so hard made my life and job stressful

Goodplace to work. Only if you get a long with your direct manager because they decide pratically everything about you here. Which shouldn't be much of a problem except new managers are sometimes inexperienced without training too.

Was a god place to work, no challenge of room for advancement

No room for advancement and TD bank ended up moving all operations to Canada, which left all the US center employees out of work. Relaxed place to work though.

Productive and fun workplace

Your work ethic and productivity can and will be noticed by certain people managers-not all! Some teams are extremely competitive and influenced by office politics. Generally the culture is great. Would consider working there again.

Great Culture

At TD started in corporate roles. Been in over 5 different jobs and I would find it very difficult to leave. Lots of great leaders, great culture. If you give it a couple years you’ll find that given size, even if you don’t click with role/leader, there are so many opportunities to move and learn that you can build a career here.

Pros

Culture, mobility, work life balance

Cons

Hard to get rid of poor performers

Good place to work but little micromanagement

Good place to work but little micromanagement here there. Make sure your bargain for your pay as another teller might be paid more than you and doing little working than you

fun workplace

friendly environment, sales orientated, Most managers will be willing to help and assist with customer needs. Really heavy on diversity and career development.

Avoid avoid

Worst place I’ve ever worked. Got taken on for one role and it turned out completely differently. The management have no definitive style and are too quick to apportion blame. Very long hours and very little support

Pros

Central location

Cons

Long hours, no support from management, very basic offices

Great but with some downsides.

If you love working retail and engaging with the public, this is the perfect position. Good pay to be a glorified cashier with great benefits and some of the best PTO I have seen. Position is heavily sales-associated, however you receive little to no compensation for that hard effort in your quarterly bonus. Your quarterly bonus is mostly based off of collective customer reviews, rather than your own work, so it is mostly out of your hands how much you receive.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TD Bank?

Healthy work environment

Great company for everyone who wants to start as a bank teller and grow within the company. There are lots of trainings and helpful colleagues who help you succeed or overcome any challenges. Very knowledgable people to work with. The job itself gets very easy once you learn what is excepted of you to accomplish. Great experience to start in the banking industry.Pros: healthy workplace, fun, helpful & professional staff, flexible hours, teamwork, there is room to learn and grow if you put your effort and the hard work in.Cons: long opening/closing hours; open 7 days a week (work-life balance not that good) I wish it had only regular hours M-F from 9am-5pm.

Best work experience

TD IS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK! Best people work there. Managers are very friendly, and they want to see you grow and succeed. Do you best and they will help you grow.

Competitive and goal oriented

- Depends on which branch and which manager you work with, the culture is dedicated by the style of management you get- if you are a good sales person, this is a job for you

Not a good opportunity as I thought.

Not a good opportunity as I thought.The training is not enough for a new employee. The beginning of the training program is too easy, but the latter training is not sufficient for new employees.

I have worked here as an analyst for a while and the workplace culture is good. Management seems to truly care about your career development and go the extra mile to support you.

Unrealistic metrics to meet

They expect you to meet unrealistic metrics like having an average call time of 400 seconds and under, while delivering “legendary” customer service. How are you supposed to do all that in under 400 seconds when sometimes a procedure might take 10min? 15 min? Or if a customer has multiple requests that are complex? Or when it take 400+ seconds to get in touch with a supervisor on a good day? 10+min on a busy day? When you rush a call to try and meet that metric, you are given a coaching for not apending enough time with a customer. When you soend the actual required time to help a customer, you are berated for spending too long on that call. This place is a breeding ground for mental illness. If you dont have a choice and need a job by all means take it, but get out asap as this well destroy your mental health

Pros

Insurance, wfh

Cons

Everything else about the job duties and metrics. Management is t supportive

BeWare

Very Nice building, Great Manager but the Teller Manager & Customer Experience Coordinator don’t communicate well or makes you feel included. This bank needs more tellers but the tellers that are already there don’t want you there beware !!!! It’s like they have their own click and your not invited. I was barely trained by the The head Teller and the CEC didn’t make anytime to really show me anything until my facial expression showed that I was getting frustrated.

Pros

Decent pay rate, Flexible hours

Cons

Worked every Saturday as a CEC, schedule is already made in advice you can’t give any days that you need off

I really enjoyed working here. You learn a lot and everyone is so willing to teach you. Management is patient and understanding! My favorite job by far.

Good Compensation/ Toxic Work Environment

The first few months were great. I am excited about helping customers and giving them great customer service. The starting pay is great, and the three-month training was informative and professional.However, you will experience customers shouting at you and threatening to leave the bank if you can't provide them with their requests. It has been increasing lately, bringing a lot of toxicity to the workplace.Before starting the shift, I get anxious and hope I don't get rude customers until the end of my shift. Despite having many good calls and conversations, one rude customer can ruin your day and potentially impact your life outside of work.

Pros

Good Starting Pay

Cons

Micromanagement, Rude Customers

Good experience!

TD is a company thats very client oriented and customer centered. My overall experience with TD is very good as I learned to be responsible and responsive

Beware! Area Managers will pull you down

From our entire cohort that started the investment Specialist" role all eventually quit by 5-6th month! Reasons:- Area managers are immature and not leaders- Area managers do not provide training-Area managers do not provide daily support- Area managers will just put you in the job, and if something goes wrong, well tough luck, It is YOUR FAULT!- Area manager will use you and throws you out as soon as smallest issue presents itself. - Have every interaction with your Area Manager in writing so it doesn't come back to you.- Area managers have not received leadership skills themselves, and probably their managers are not leaders. So max pressure from top to bottom to immediately maximize sale. Positives:+ Fair (not spectacular) compensation+ Bank employees and colleagues are nice and professional.*** In caveat, I must stress TD itself is a very professional and good place to work, with lots of benefits, good colleagues, great branch managers, branch colleagues, etc. However, Investment Specialist role, is separate from the regular bank. If you are a professional avoid the Investment Specialist stream and just become an FA in the branch as TD is a great place to work***Good luck

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• TD Bank
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?