TD Ameritrade

TD Ameritrade Employee Reviews

Great learning opportunity

Great learning opportunity. The work pace is fast and there is a lot of opportunity to grow and make money at the same time.

Great work environment

Managers and peers are super friendly and collaborative. There are opportunities for growth in the company. Cons: taking calls all day for the majority of roles in the company and compensation is lower compared to competitors

Company started on a hybrid schedule due to COVID and management overall supported a good work/life balance. Fun culture, lots of events for everyone in the office to enjoy. Pay for my role is good and overtime is available, but not forced.

Ok, but not great

Everything was more or less fine there when I used to work at TD Ameritrade (2006).Good: good training, peers are great, gave me hours that I wanted.Not so good: pay was average-to-below average. They could have afforded to pay a lot more and the turnover would have been lower. I often found that low-level management is not familiar with some trading rules and that lead to a few issues. Software is slow, often required unnecessary extra approval from higher-ups (on the trades), causing frustration for both the brokers and customers, but that was back in 2006. Perhaps, that changed since then.

Pros

good training, peers are great, gave me hours that I wanted.

Cons

Low pay, not a very good lower level management, outdated software

Okay company.

Good company with good benefits. Great if you are a recent college graduate looking to start off their career in finance. Programs are interesting to work with.

Great Atmosphere to work in

>everyday is a new day, many challenges throughout the day, but he is there. You feel like you belong all the time. Very caring atmosphere, good manager and leadershiip from the exec team

Pros

Well organized and knowlegable staff

Cons

overtime all the time

Great place

Great company for people just out of college. Lots of opportunities for growth and success. You do have to get licensed to work in most of the roles here but that is paid for and comes with loads of training and support.

Pros

Large cafeteria, Lots of team events, great work environment

Cons

Good company to work for if you want to get into the financial industry

They have pretty decent training program, which does provide you plenty of time to study for all those licenses. Be aware that it is a call center job, so just be prepared for some spicy calls everyday. People get burnt out fast.

Engaging and enjoyable

I really enjoyed my time while with the firm. My coworkers were collaborative and were willing to help me understand various concepts when needed. I would recommend this role to others looking to get into the financial services industry.

Forever Company

This has easily been the best work experience and environment I have ever been in. I do not see myself leaving TD Ameritrade for the remainder of my long career. They have a coaching culture which promotes growth and development over fear of being fired. For anyone looking for a great company, I absolutely recommend this one.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TD Ameritrade?

Productive workplace with lots of room to grow

The days go by fast bc you're always learning and busy helping assist clients. They make you feel like part of a team and everyone helps eachother advance within the company.

80-100 calls a day

One after the other asking for login assistance, trading assistance, general banking questions and trading questions. Many older callers who need extreme patience to deal with and management wants you off the phone to answer the next incoming call. Very stressful and limited timed breaks mean you barely move from your seat.

What is the best part of working at TD Ameritrade?Paid FINRA license training. What is the most stressful part about working at TD Ameritrade?Inadequate training in how to actually do the job after completing the license training.

Great place to learn the industry

TD has been a great company. I started as a temp and was treated fairly every step of the way. Was paid to train for licenses and had many opportunities to advance my position. It is a call center environment but a great place to learn about investing and personal finance.

Pros

Great training and work/life balance

Cons

Pay could be better

Protects employees

Management allows you to set your boundaries with callers who are being disrespectful or abusive. That being said, the pay was pretty good for being yelled at all day by angry people.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Short breaks; no flexibility

The opportunity for advancement

I love working for TDA. Great benefits & flexible schedules. Managers have a great understanding of work/life balance. Opportunity to work remotely...

Pros

Opportunity advancement

Cons

Great company. Great people. Endless support by people who really want to help.

I love the culture here. You are not just a number. Management is personable and genuinely cares. Plus, you learn a ton. Taking 50 calls a day stinks but you can quickly advance to a better role.

Pros

Learn a ton

Cons

Entry level job stinks but you can quickly move on.

Encouraging work environment with plenty of in house advancement oppurtunities.

A typical day at work was signing on to the computer at 8am every morning Mon-Fri. From there it depended on where you were at in your training and license phases. Everybody I worked with, including co-workers, and management, was extremely helpful and reliable to help you with any problems that may arise. The hardest part about the job was spending most of your free time listening to long lectures and textbook studying for certain exams. Other than that I highly recommend this job to anyone that has a specific interest in finance and or the stock market.

Pros

free study material, company provided electronic equipment

Cons

short breaks

Accommodating and Rewarding

A lot of companies just want you to do the job but TD Ameritrade wants to help it’s employees to succeed. With the ability to further Develop knowledge allowing planned development time during your workday as well as rewarding associates for a job well done or even just because they appreciate their hard work.

best coworkers and a good company

I enjoyed my job here very much. I started when it was a start up and definitely rode the wave of the tech bubble and growing pains. The company evolved with each merger and its personality changed a little each time. There were good and bad with each adjustment. I loved my co workers, I loved the challenge of my position, my pay was fair and my position allowed for much flexibility! Which was super important to my family. Not all positions had that flexibiltiy.

Run

Not a good company if you want to be treated as a child. Management will back stab you for the most trivial stuff. You’ll work like you never worked before for crummy bonuses.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Ameritrade. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• TD Ameritrade
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?