Surterra Wellness

Surterra Wellness Employee Reviews

Ok place to work

This was an ok place to work for me. The discount was very nice and that was the main draw for me. Management would stand over your shoulder watching everything you do and that never feels right to me. I never made any mistakes thankfully but still there was no trust and the schedules were terrible. I would get a significantly different amount of hours each week with no reason as to why.

Best Job Ever

I have never felt more at home than I did with Surterra. The culture was accepting and inclusive. Upper management was very accessible and always made you feel like you could contact them for anything. For full time employees, the benefit package is pretty expensive but, I’m pretty sure that’s because they’re a cannabis company.

Negative management

Maybe other locations are different but the Bonita Springs store is a toxic environment unlike anywhere I have ever worked. The store manager is so negative he is constantly complaining about the company and the assistant manager is exactly the same. They both talk negatively about their employees to other employees which is so unprofessional. They favor some employees over the other ones…only teaching things to who they want and not providing a fair opportunity for everyone to learn. They hide in the back all day and do not help the team on the sales floor when it’s needed. So many people have left this store in the past year due to management. They do not care about the people they manage or what is going on in their employees' personal lives. It is never about the team, but rather all about how good they look. This place has the potential to be so much more but sadly I would never be able to recommend anyone work for Surterra in Bonita Springs. The other employees at this location aside from management are awesome and it makes you feel so good to help the customers. The products sold at Surterra are amazing!

Pros

Rewarding to help customers, great products and employee discount

Cons

Negative environment

I've worked at 3 different dispensaries in Miami and this is the highest paying one for sure.

Besides paying well, company is full of tons of really kind employees who try to lift you up and make sure you're comfortable in your job. Definitely the best dispensary I've ever worked at.

Terrible place

Don’t work here unless your a pothead who likes to work hard and don’t get paid for the extra work they throw on you. And don’t expect management to care about you because they don’t straight up .

Pros

Discount on Surterra products up to 400 retail

Cons

Poor management, facilities, air quality, and 23 cent annual raises if your in production or cultivation

The staff at my location is great. Corporate and all of the higher-ups do not care about you. They care about money and how you’ll get it for them.

Imagine your worst nightmare. Now take that nightmare… multiply it by 10, and then have that nightmare managed by the worst area manager of all time. That is this job.

Love

I loved this job! The culture of working here was amazing, I learned something new every time and management was great! Definitely customer service oriented.

Pros

Work culture, employee perks

Cons

Productive fun place to learn and grow

Best place to work. Staff is caring very professional. An all around great environment. Great leadership. Easy system to learn very efficient. They have a very good training system and constantly have updated information.

Work here if you do not value your mental health!

This is the most disorganized company I have ever worked for. Zero communication between departments and upper management does. not. care about you. Did the work of 4 people for months with promises of advance or hiring more people. This never happened. They will drag you along and use you for mediocre compensation and promises of something more. The discount is trash and zero benefits for anyone that is not full time, which is only offered to management. Head for the hills before thinking about working here.

Pros

Decent coworkers sometimes

Cons

Company management

Very nice locations and well kept stores. Plenty of opportunity to move up if that’s what you want. This job is what you make it honestly.

Good place to work good starting pay at $15 an hour. Plenty of opportunity for advancement if you’re interested in that. This job is literally what you make of it, I have no complaints other than they don’t hire many full time employees. They have good systems in place and keep you updated on future sales and products to come. One of the better dispensary’s you work for and shop at.

Pros

Free snacks, flexible schedule, and a good employee discount.

Cons

Part time unless you reach management.

Look At All Surterra's Job Postings

Clearly this company has all these job postings because of high turnover. Hard working employees turn into depressed employees fast when the company treats them like garbage.

Pros

Employee discounts at 75%, some cool coworkers and customers, and laughing at the stupidity of the company.

Cons

The stupidity of the company. This is what corporate cannabis has become. Soulless.

Understaffed, unappreciated, and over worked

This company consistently contradicts they’re own core values and severely under appreciates the people who interact directly with their customer base. Reductions in force. Over time restrictions. Yet Retail staff suffers with constant short staffing and incredibly unpredictable scheduling. Promises of help on the way shroud the truth. It can take weeks to months before new employees are onboarded and even then new candidates are considered by a third party with no direct contact with the company. My leadership is in shambles, my team are so effected that we have all confessed to literally breaking down into tears before shifts . My store isn’t the only store losing its entire staff . We have all become so close in trauma that we can’t imagine living it without each other and are quitting one after another.

Pros

Customers are nice, and the employee discount is good.

Cons

Breaks, staffing, leadership, scheduling .

Poor structure. Management cares little about staffing or employees.

Stay away! They do not care about their employees especially their store managers. Great discount but product was terrible. Systems were not consistent and created more work then necessary.

Pros

Good discount. Product sucked though.

Cons

Upper management has no idea what it’s doing.

"Wait and see" ... but for forever

The company is broke, bottom line. The disorganization begins at the top and the effects are felt all the way down the chain, with the most emphasis on retail employees and customers. It is obvious to customers that the company does not have any stability. Rules and procedures change daily. Employee training is inconsistent depending upon their time of hire. They run daily promotions without any heads up to managers so stores can be properly staffed. Customers become upset about this, and employees receive the brunt of their displeasure. When retail employees try to forward this information and these experiences "up the chain," they are ignored and issues are swept under the rug. They began a delivery program last year that can only be described as a disaster for employees. Beware the mobile guide position, there is a disclaimer at the bottom that says they can change your job responsibilities at will.

Pros

Employee discount/industry discount elsewhere, good benefits if you're lucky enough to score a full-time position.

Cons

Everything else.

A company that lacks humility for its employees and patient priorities

Avoid at all costs- you will not get “your foot in the door”, there are other options and avenues. Don’t lower your standards just to get into RETAIL cannabis care-10 thumbs down.

Pros

Food in break room- literally the only perk

Cons

Bad employee discounts, horrible management, inadequate Human Resources, and bad business model

Hard work

Working for Surterra can be rewarding as far as helping patients who genuinely are seeking relief from their ailments. However, it is very much an environment where it is hard to get any more or move up the chain.

Horrible

The bosses are the most manipulative and bias people there are. If you do not fit their agenda they will slowly kick you out of the “high school drama, military tactics” group so-called Surterra. management operational status is a failure. They blame the higher ups for not keeping employees but after working there it is clear it’s a management problem.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Discount and management

They’re still growing

Surterra is very compliant as a start up so it takes longer for things to get done. Managers are great usually. Company has some culture growing within.

Pros

Good part time pay

Cons

Company change at least one policy ever single day

Understaffed, over worked and under appreciated

The company started with high hopes but then became a retail beast. They give zero cares about helping people just how much money you can make for them. Once you hit a goal they will try to fire you to make a bonus for them bigger. The company says they have morals and ethics but God help you if you need upper management for anything. Was once told your management you need to be available 24/7, would be short-staffed and when you would call an area manager for help, all the sudden their phone wouldn't work. If you need short time cash and discounts for weed get a job here if you want to make a difference hang it up.

Pros

discount for weed

Cons

no lunch if you are management they act like they own you.

Horrible place to work for they do not value their employees

Work conditions were horrible they did not even want you to use the restroom. Calls were back to back and they has set times for breaks and if you missed your 15min break you were out of luck because you could not be on break at the same time as anyone else. there was a-lot of favoritism. Managers would speak in condescending tone.

Pros

Free shirts

Cons

Pay

Nice place to work

Typical retail environment, love the customers and coworkers, but expect to work weekends, holidays and evenings. Pay increases are slow. Starting pay for retail is around $15

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Surterra Wellness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Surterra Wellness