Stantec

Stantec Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates15 reviews

A great place to be part of

Variety of projects and premium Clients to get hold of. Exciting project lineup and collaborative teamwork atmosphere. Management is supportive and listens to new ideas.

The company has an excellent management culture because all of their managers are foreign educated and well experienced professionals from USA, Canada and Europe.

Pros

Free lunches during meetings

No career growth

No career growth, less leadership skills to the current management, job culture is extreme. Minimal salary increase, less motivation in the working

Pros

on time salary

Cons

job culture

Turning Professional Technical workers to Administrative workers

This company supposed to be a technical company but they are dealing with everyone inside the company as if he or she is an administrative worker. So, if you are an expert in your field as as a technical professional don't go work there; especially if your goal to built your career - If you are a technical expert then you will buried alive! On the other side, if you are an intern or an administrative worker, then you will be very happy working there, since you will get paid by just following whatever they are telling you to do. Also, you will be abused if you didn't belong to the work group. The work environment all about the in-group relationship and not about if you are effective in your job. You will miss many job opportunities just because any manager doesn't like you! The worse thing I experienced working there, is no one holding the responsibility at the challenging time, this company lacks real leaders. After all they are focusing in turning everyone to Administrative workers.Don't be deceived by what you will read on their website; the real life inside company is different than their social media posts. My advice to this company leaders in the headquarter (Canada), is to be strict in valuing every good technical person. This will be your key to become one of the top companies instead of relying on company's revenue every year. Be real innovative by hiring real innovative professional at the lead positions. Look at any of The 100 World's Most Innovative Companies and learn from them, then you will gain more revenue as well good reputation and real -

Pros

Salary is fair, on the average scale

Cons

Dealing with you as if you are an administrative worker

Good

Good company for professional employees to work in projects and the high management is always caring for all employees to gat continuing job's with the clients

It is good opportunity to work in Stantec

I learned a lot in Stantec and improve my ability especially in P3 Projects Design , Procurement and working with very high level projects Project control manager with a high level of support in the work

Great place for experience of professional and internee

Enjoying great team work and management help in learning new dimensions of handling tough tasks. Multinationals and different cultures work together in great environment.

Good team and work environment Good environmental projects Collaboration with UAE ministry of environment Opportunities for internships and scholarships

Supervision

 Complete sub evaluations/comparisons of bids, scope review, and complete buyout as requested by PM  Develop a project submittal log and obtain designer’s approval.  Manage said submittal log and ensure all submittals are processed promptly.

Good salary. Limited career advancement.

Friendly and supportive environment but with a weak management team with many mistakes. No stress on the job a very relaxed workplace. The salary is good compared to other consulting firms. Slow career progress and learning will take longer than usual.

Pros

Organized system. Good pay. Friendly environment

Cons

Poor management. Limited career growth.

- Productive, interesting and a best institute for career development

Working with Stantec Intl. is really productive in my career. I have got a lot of areas to develop my career while working in Stantec. The management are excellent with a long vision and strategic development. They care and put people first and doing their strategy with community in mind. I am happy to work with Stantec, but due to some structural changes in the company, I am forced to pursue another challenging opportunity to add in my career life.

Fun workplace with Games room & sleeping room

A great Architectural & Engineering company with massive scale of projects, lot of things you learn daily, most of all management are very cool and easy to deal with.

A Work in Progress in International Scene

Being a Northern American company since its conception, and introduced to international in 2010, Stantec is still catching up internationally.

Productive and fun place to work with

I have a manager that works efficiently. Instead of bossing everyone around, he sets an example of hard work through his actions. I respect that trait and learn to be more like him by working smarter.

it was a good place

A day at work was produtive. I gained a good experience working at this company. The management was good. The all co-workers were helpful and friendly. There was no any difficulty in the job. The ping pong table was enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stantec. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Stantec Reviews by Location

• Stantec
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?