Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered Bank Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates266 reviews

Found 266 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,943 reviews

Very good opportunity for growth

Corporate hierarchy with good growth potential Unlimited trainings and central location Good place to move around within the company and relocation opportunities

Pros

Job growth and competitive salary

Cons

Political management

Good place to work and learn.

Great work place. Proper training are being conducted by the management.Corporate work culture. Employees safety is considered as a priority. Moderate hr policy.

Pros

Advanced technology and up to date policy

Cons

Conservative bank with lot of restrictions.

A very supportive place to work with

This has been so far the best place I have worked. The work culture is really supportive of staffs concerns and are quite flexible in case staff faces any issues, professionally or personally. Salary benefits could be little more better compared to other private banks

Pros

Good work culture and team lunches which bonds you with other colleagues

Cons

Less monetary benefits compared to other private banks

If you think you ll get anywhere with them.. think again

If you think you're getting anywhere with your position to some other promotion or real raise, no matter how good you are.. no matter how many certifications you hold.. think again.

Amazing Place to work and learn

In my career I have worked in 7 banking organizations, and among the top 3 is Standard Chartered Bank, I learned and experienced best days of my life in Standard Chartered Bank.

Pros

Outdoor Team Activities, Amazing Courses on banking and leadership

Cons

Extensive working hours without any overtime.

Very productive and employee friendly

A great place to work. I regret leaving standard Chartered. Though they are under stress due to bad economy they still value people. Scb never leaves you dishearted.

Pros

Life profession balance

Cons

Long Hours

Productive and fun

It's very good experience with SCB working culture is good there skalay is good commission is very good excellent admosphere good managers and human resource is good

Talented client relations manager

Motivated Manager with 15 years of progressive experience in the Banking industry. Offering expertise in Planning and Organizing, Analytical, with aptitude in Problem Solving. An energetic self-starter and team builder able to navigate high-stress situations and achieve goals on time and under budget.

Sound information

Review questions were cryptic....SCB has a very robust atmosphere. So goes with HR hiring policy. I would recommend SCB for the overall work culture which allows one to have a healthy work life balance.

Friendly environment

Standard chartered bank has the best Management & HR Team. I learned the process easily. Staffs & colleagues were very cooperative.Work environment is one of the best to work with.

Pros

Family Visa & medical

Good

Happy to work with standard chartered bank Handling incoming calls and other communications. Check, sort, file teller documents. Addressing customer queries about documentations required. Managing filing system. Recording information as needed. Greeting clients and visitors as needed. Courier daily documents to other branches. Updating paperwork, maintaining documents and word processing.

Good

Good experience I have learned from my team leader a lot he is always supporting us and about the bank is very comfortably place to work and a lot of tasks u will learn over there

Fun place to work with detailed

Many things to learn in this MNC Bank, Different experience for me. I have moved to different teams in 3years of my banking experience. Fun to work with many departments.

Pros

Best in admosphere

Cons

9hours

Good place to work special for beginner graduated from universities.

I have learnt a lot in Standard Chartered, and I have managed to grow and move between department from Private Banking as Senior Manager of Royal Family portfolio accounts, to Client Coverage Manager with Commercial Banking. My role got redundancy, at the moment I don't hold a job.

It’s a great bank

It’s a great bank I worked with them over 15 years in Dubai. I grew with the bank and learned a lot. I moved to UK and would love to work with the bank again if given a chance.

Good place to learn and grow

Good time spent in StanC as they call it. Learned a lot and moved cross functional, achieving flexibility and exposure to different segments and business areas. StanC takes care if it’s people and give chance for growth. I got promoted 3 times in 5 years, which was very good growth considering the market circumstances. Overall a good employer you cherish to work for.

Committed with job, leadership qualities, risk taker, self confidence..

Happy with organisation but salary is low according to this country cost of living, growth chances are low, cultural is good equality is there learn alot from standard chartered bank

it was amazing to work with my immdiate boss was great supportive

my immediate boss was supportive . while top management there was discriminations .my performance was up to mark . terminate me for no professional reason. my father diagnose cancer .can check my performance while terminated on performance . they terminated me on 30may 2017 my father passed away on 23 may 2017..my career my financial all destroyed .i owe the loans from esteemed bank for my father treatment .which are now in default .I came back to uae for job but as they come to know they process my cheq for legal .still I have offered but cant accept cause of police case ..with bank it was great to work but unfortunately ..

average

environment good and its nice to work with this company even we are only contractual workers they given us increment yearly and bunos as well. they assigning us also for seminars and trainings.

Standard Chartered Bank is a company with good people, harmonious environment, good compensation

Im working as a Business Development Executive and after a year they promoted me as Senior- Business Development Manager because of my performance. Receiving monthly award and good incentives

Good place to work.Nice envoirment . Managers were very good and understanding. Good team work. Nice training skills.good working atmosphere.Time managable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Chartered Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Standard Chartered Bank
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?