Sprouts Farmers Market

Sprouts Farmers Market Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,441 reviews

Eh workplace

Pros: Honestly, not the worst place. Pretty easy job Cons: Management was hard to work with. Had a lot of trouble with scheduling and swapping shifts. As well as other co-workers talking down to others. Made it an uncomfortable environment.

Loving and caring environment

They are really flexible with hours as long as you stay in touch with management. They have scholarship opportunities for college, good training. Job offers overtime . But sometimes u have to clean up after others laziness, only if u care about ur job though lol. Worked there for 3 years so yea I recommend for a job u can get comfortable at. They appreciate employees too with benefits and tons of discount and free meals to employees.

Good for students, don't bother if you want full-time

I have been working at Sprouts for a year and a half. The hours are not good unless you have other obligations like another job or school. The work is easy, yet made unnecessarily stressful due to under staffing and lofty goals set forward by management. Often times, you work to finish your shift. There is no such thing as finishing your job.

Pros

Good coworkers

Cons

Management, hours, job security

Cashier is my favorite position at sprouts

Great customer service is easy when working at sprouts Flexible hours and good benefits Fast paced is my favorite position As a cashier hardest part is when I can’t find a customers item

Used to be a great place to work

When I first started here it was a refreshing change of pace from retail with Sprouts have the reputation of a being a great company. Job was interesting and having acesss to top level produce was great. About a year into the job after about the 2nd Manager and 2nd CEO you can tell they had given up trying to compete with Whole Foods. If it wasn't for the cash dump from the pandemic Sprouts would be a thing of the past. What was the final straw though was the managers they actually decided to keep; fired a strong manager for voicing his just opinion and move in an absolute creep who, while married, needed to be transferred for fraternizing with an underaged team member. What's the absolute kicker was only one Sprouts in the Las Vegas area made money so they got the great produce where as the rest of the stores like this one got neigh unsellable garbage which couldn't even be donated

Pros

They donated?

Cons

Schedule was all over the place, low base pay, no clear upward mobility, company turns a blind eye to despicable behavior

good opportunity to move up in the company

Go into work and you know exatly what is expected from you for the day. while providing excellent customer service you get your work, do your job, help colleagues as needed. never a dull moment. I knew i wanted to move up in the company so i spent time with my manager =, as her assistant with orderingnad making sure invoiced matched, and i was quite good at diffusing patient's that were upset.my favorite part of the job were my returning customers who were so grateful for their previous purchase which helped them so much. building a trusting relationship with them, and they would come to me prior to going to their MD or after to go ver their presibriped meds to get my opinion (I studied pharmacology 4 years post grad as well)>The problem was the pay. i couldn't make it past $16/hr and with the amount of time I dedicated to a companion I felt replaceable and inapppreciated.

Pros

15% discount (it was %20 at whole food)

Cons

thry mafr h=anrggrt

I love working at Sprouts Market, the managers and coworkers are great to work with, and I love talking to customers and assisting. I always learn so much everyday I work there!

decent workplace

It all depends on the people you work with. The manager was always changing which was chaotic but as a cashier, your job stays the same. very flexible with your schedule as most workers are college students.

No advancement unless you are in good with someone

Sprouts has values they do not honor there’s no room for advancement as positions are promised before stores are even open they preach career advancement from within but hire outsiders to fill roles that quality management in the company could fill

Na

I enjoy all people I work with. I have been there since the beginning when we first opened. I really like most of my coworkers. There are those few that you may not get along with but that's like though any job.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sprouts Farmers Market?

Fun place to work

Sprouts is a fun place to work but depending on which department you work can be boring at times. I would definitely recommend cross-training as it gives you access to more hours and keeps you busy. Management is excellent.

Fufillng Work With Unrealistic Expectations

Practically zero training for all that's required, paperwork etc. Their idea of multi-tasking is magically being in two places at once. No support from upper management, I was constantly thrown under the bus by my direct supervisor for her mistakes. If I had a question regarding policies or procedures I could ask all 3 managers and I would receive 3 completely different answers. The workload was fast paced, which I love but they didn't take the time to train me appropriately. For example, my trainer would be scheduled to train me but also be scheduled a lane to work and would generally be too busy to work with me. I already had the basics of cashiering down but needed to be educated on the specific functions and work flow of the store. The endless paperwork was overkill and they give you written disciplinary forms for absolutely everything, no verbal warnings even during "training". Having said all this, I loved all of the customers and enjoy cashiering in a grocery store environment. In store Instacart shopping was also very enjoyable.

Good in short-term

There's a lot of disconnect between corporate and the regular staff, as well as a lack of communication from management to hourly employees. If you can get a Full time position, or work your way up to it (I was promoted twice in 2 years) it can be a relatively stable job with good benefits, but the base pay is definitely lacking, and why I plan to leave. Raises are every 6 months, and are usually 1% or less. If you are promoted, raises are a flat 10%. The only way to keep pay increasing is to continually be promoted, but that depends on turnover and a lot of times internal candidates were passed over for external ones.PTO is pretty limited, about 5 paid sick days per year that you have to accrue as you work. Vacation is a little more generous, but has to be requested about a month out.Training is limited, primarily a mix of computer training and being thrown into your position. Usually someone in the same position or slightly above you will be training.

Good for college students

Very straightforward job. My management team is pretty laid back so I don't constantly have someone on my back. Most of training is self directed. Overall decent hours (25) for college students

Great ethos not backed up by pay

Great team but low pay and a rough schedule. If you like shopping here the discount’s A+. This is the perfect job for a pt student but if you’re hoping to work full time you’re better off in tagging or receiving.

No time for a personal life

They gave the best shifts to their friends and worked those who actually worked hard, harder. Almost all shifts are between 9A-9P taking up all the day so you have no time for a personal life.

Decent place

Used to be a great place to work but management problems just like everywhere else. easy place to promote if you show your skills. May take some time but eventually happens. Nice discount.

Overworked, underpaid, underappreciated

You truly are just another number to this company. Revolving door for employees. Broken and messy culture. Expect little to no appreciation if you work hard and make a difference. If you have a bad day, you will certainly hear about it from nosy coworkers or managment. Instead of addressing issues and attempting to improve your faults, you will instead just be fired. Workplace culture brought on anxiety and dread. Find someplace else to work.

Decent

Some good days. But there are lots of call outs and not enough help. Management is slow at hiring and despite not having enough help they frequently have to cut hours

Not a great job

The only thing I liked about this job was the friendly coworkers. The management apparently had no clue how to communicate with each other. I was asked for my availability three times, was told they could work around it, and then got scheduled the same days and hours I specifically said I couldn't work. I reminded two different managers that I needed the week off, and I still got scheduled that week. I got a call from one manager asking why I wasn't in when another told me I wasn't coming in. The hours are not flexible at all, which doesn't work well for a college student that also has other responsibilities at home, and it isn't worth the money whatsoever.

Supportive and fun

Management was supportive and friendly. It was my first time working in grocery, and the staff made sure I was properly trained and would answer all questions I have about my role.

Pros

Supportive, friendly, fun workplace

Cons

No room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sprouts Farmers Market. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Sprouts Farmers Market
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?