Spectrum

Spectrum Employee Reviews

Showing all 17,337 reviews

CenturyLink was a very comfortable and very congenial place to work. All of the people that I worked with were very educated and very polite. I would have no problem working with them again.

Great company

I enjoy working here. Lots of opportunities if you are willing to put in the effort. Pay is above average and benefits are very nice. Cable, internet, and phone services are free and upgradable for a reasonable fee. I feel safe here and management is well trained.

It’s okay

Pay is Fine, But I’m going to say this to everyone, Do not never let another employee run you out of a good job, You do what you have to do to maintain this job.. I’m not with that toxic mess I speak my mind and don’t tolerate disrespect with nobody…

If you’re here for a paycheck that’s about the only thing you’ll get. Maybe

12 weeks of training is insane. The office is unorganized. No one knows what’s going on with anyone else, zero clear communication. Supervisors push you to sell in an overly pushy way. Managers only care about money. Pay was always messed up. I never got paid what I was supposed to. Working from home was the only good part. Other than that, I had a terrible experience with this company. Zero compassion, zero understanding, just sell sell sell, however you can. The supervisors make bonuses off you and mangers off them. A shift is completely on the phone, no breaks between calls, so you’re constantly working other than breaks. Upper management will throw new tasks and rules at you multiple times a week to add to your workload and rules. It’s a whole mess there. Not worth the money. I could go on and on about how awful this company is as a whole. Stay away.

It could've been good

Training classes were good. Encouragement from instructor and coworkers was encouraging. Supervisor was OK depending on what kind of day he wa having or had the day before. If he would've check his emotions and body attitude, I think I still would've have been working there. Elements of the weather plays a huge factor. Should start employees at $22.50/hrs

Room for growth

Leadership needs to all get on the boat. Everyone is rowing differently. Lots of gossiping and lack of clear direction. You are spoken down to as if you are a child

They hired me when I needed a job most

Solid place to work very happy they took a chance on me after losing my last job due to the pandemic. . I'd been out of work for a year and they are the only ones who gave me a chance it seems.

First to Key policy is a joke.

Spectrum does not care which rep gets the sale as long as Spectrum gets the sale. You can put 100% of your day into a lead and should they call you back and you are away in the bathroom or on break of taking your lunch, there is no policy that mandates that a rep transfers a customer to you and if they wanted to key in the order, they then get the credit. Not you. Not the person who put in the work. Some folks even got handed the Crème de la Crème of leads cause you know... relations.

Pros

Great culture and pay.

Cons

First to key BS Managers giving leads to a select few which then get you in line for web leads.

Gives you freedom throughout the day, but working 6 days a week

You have to map out your route for the day, once chosen you knock on those doors. Dogs can chase you, but its a part of the job. You're using your vehicle, but the company reimburses you at the end of the month. Gas is completely out of pocket. Salary isn't high it is about $10/hr, but commission is great.

Stressful and demanding

The training was great but they’re very strict on you and it’s a high demand job too, it’s great if you don’t mind high pace but the management could have been a lot better

Good place to start. A lot of stress and headaches.

A very nice environment with a good management too. The job itself is very stressful. But, usually this is what you expect when you choose to be a customer service representative. The pay is not bad and a lot of benefits.

Not a long term job

A job not a career. Rude customers, no help on the after training. Constantly busy.very draining not recommended. Pto sucks. A job to get customer service experience.

Very inconsistent with information and work conditions are horrible

When you hire they tell you you can switch your schedule within the next 6 months but the fail to tell you that is all base on business needs and seniority. Also, HR representative don’t know what they doing and often miss lead you to a write up I won’t recommend this job for anyone with a family. You won’t be able to request time off and they want you to schedule your sick days

Bad place to work

All they care about is number and they don’t care about you personally. Supervisor are to busy to help and they push all the good employees away. Everyone group passes the buck

Managers aren’t approachable nor develop their teams. Lack of advancement opportunities and favoritism is disappointing.

I enjoyed working with my peers and we fostered teamwork together. The part that made me resign was leadership including VP level. No engagement, little acknowledgement and Managers never come out of their offices to say hello. They’re unprofessional and have favorites that are allowed to work less hours than others. Managers don’t work as a unit.

Pros

Free employee cable/wifi

Cons

Suppressive environment, high hourly turnover

Goals are almost unattainable

Goals for B2B sales are almost impossible to meet and spectrum is always adding more and more to the job responsibilities with no increase to pay. Management and favoritism go hand and hand. Make sure you brown nose asap to have a chance at success. Benefits are not bad. Expect layer and layers of added work just so they can babysit you and "coach". Claim you make your own schedule but there is a mandatory call at 8 everyday and "the spectrum way". No warm leads just go knock on 30 doors a day. Call center gets 80% of sales.

Benefits

Cons

Base pay, micro management, no warm leads

Make money at your own risk!

You work a lot of hours here while constantly being micromanaged! Work life balance is limited. The pay is pretty good as you get paid for your efforts.

wouldn't work here again

Micro managing to a degree I've never experienced High expectations with limited opportunities to sell toxic work culture people are constantly quiting. Do yourself a favor and just don't start working here at all. It will save you a lot of time Most people just stay for the training and then quit when they actually have to work at this terrible place.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

terrible management and coworkers

Bad product, dishonest sales strategies

A company using cheap tactics to try to sell a cheap product while they have a hard time selling their employees if the employee has any technical knowledge.

Pros

Good pay and you don't have to have any experience

Cons

Draining, subpar product, trying to sell to people who already have superior service

Not a bad place to work, the overall environment can be a little hectic depending on the season. Management was somewhat dependable and the typical employee was kind overall

Very little support. Stressful environment. Metrics take priority over employees and customers.

The communications industry overall is rewarding and ever changing. If you can secure employment with a communications company that is committed to the support and development of their staff and maintains an environment of ethically sound business practices and promotes worthy internal candidates when opportunities to move forward are present, then jump on it immediately. With that said, DO NOT make the mistake of accepting employment at Spectrum. It won’t take you long to regret that decision.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Spectrum
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?