SpaceX

SpaceX Employee Reviews

What is the best part of working at the company?Rewarding work with continuous opportunities to learn new things. Unlimited opportunity to work extra hours and contribute in an individual capacity.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The schedule can be demanding and the hourly compensation is under-market. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Positive environment with a “can do” attitude. This is both a positive and negative.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Work and load continually evolve, always exciting.

bueno

buena una gran empresa y buenos beneficios ,mi mejor experiencia

Pros

Buenos beneficios

Cons

nada contra

Demanding but rewarding

Learned tons of new things in a short amount of time. Definitely not for the faint of heart or the slacking mindsets. Overall the engineers are mostly young and don't know as much as they think they do. But, this also makes you great at what you do.

Nothing good

It’s not what you know it’s whom you know and if you like drink beer with supervision you’ll be good if not you’re not welcome to the team. You have work for their buddy or you can go home no chance to say anything about it

Great fun place

You will be treated well hear great staff wonderful environment good benefits good way to learn new skills , wonderful structures Great phenomenal people to meet and networking within your career

What is the best part of working at the company?You get to see rockets up close What is the most stressful part about working at the company?You never know what is needed when until it’s too late What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Cult-like What is a typical day like for you at the company?Boring, standing around, bend a couple tubes, act like we’re badasses

Lots of work and great people

At SpaceX I worked with an unbelievable amount of wonderful human beings doing all they can alongside you to get it done the right way. I pray that aspect remains the same always.

Fast passed, higher management looks at you as a number and replaceable no matter who you are

My experience was, they would keep and or hire people with less certs and experience. Or the ones who would sleep on the job and get it reporter. But keep them

Fun place to work

Great place for up and coming younger engineers. Not exactly a great place to work when raising a family. Demand for time at work is high and little time for leisure. Although vacation is encouraged, you pay quite a bit to catch after coming from vacation.

nonexistent work/life balance

If you want to make money by putting in a ton of hours, this job is for you. There will be opportunities for growth but your relationship with family and friends will pay for it.

Productive and fun workplace

Love the energy and the people are very motivated and respect their work. Lots of free perks and room to grow and learn new skills. Their are good incentives and enough hours that the pay will balance out. Good for younger college students or fresh out of college single life.Not sure yet if it will be a good fit for family lifestyle.

Amazing!

Best place to work ever! Great people amazing projects! Break rooms are stocked and most things are free. Truly a great experience. Highly recommend!

Will work you to the bone if you let it, need to find good balance

Everything is really fast paced, stressful, scary here; if that environment is not for you, you should try searching other places. However, you will usually get projects that do have pretty high impact to the company. You get to work on really cool projects and you learn alot.

It was a good year.

It was exciting although i got booted from the position I was hired to fulfill and was happy doing it. I didn't get paid more to change positions and the person who took over soon got fired for not doing the job correctly which I was doing just fine. Overall fun but not really a place you get respected by higher-ups. However, I had a lot of great experiences mainly due to my coworkers.

If you have depression, this company will not hire you

This company only hires those that are “normal”. They claim to be an equal opportunity employer but if you have any type of mental illness, for example, they will not hire anyone for that. You have to be a “normal” citizen without problems in your life.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Poor management

Great job for first job, not for older/with families

SpaceX is the fastest paced and most exciting Aerospace company to work for. You will be given immense responsibility and for the most part you are in charge of your part and it’s success is up to you. You will learn a TON and contribute to the mission fast and often. That will be rewarding… for a while… Fresh out of college/single people will do great here. But as soon as you get married or have children this job will have you chose between your family and the job. The hours are long, there are no child care incentives, and you may even get divorced (I know I almost did). This company will chew you up and spit you out. This is not a bad thing! You will gain immense experience and be grateful for your time. Unfortunately you just have to be a crazy motivated person who is willing to compromise family time to stay here longer than 10 years.

Pros

Amazing experience and responsibilities.

Cons

No work life balance and no child care or long term family leave incentives.

entry level job for some fresh graduate

good and new technology. Good benefit and a lot of parking spots.However, no space for working. They don't have space for people work. Pay is low below the market. If you have experiences, go somewhere else cause they will low ball you for sure. Even you do good on job performance, there is no appreciation or raise from management. They will crush you down as much as you can for the promotion. HR turns over higher rate and useless for employee.

Pros

Benefit, health, dental, vision, perk

Cons

low pay, terrible management, no work life balance here, Hr

Muy buena y el ambiente es bastante diferente de otras empresas

Es una empresa de lo mejor con personal altamente capacitado y adecuado para trabajar.

Would not recommend.

Would not recommend unless you enjoy being overworked and under appreciated. They claim that there is movement and opportunity but that is only for those liked by management.

Very demanding job

Working at Space X gave me the experience I needed to advance in the Aerospace field. That said I don’t think I would ever work for this company again. Management wasn’t the best. Sometimes with some unrealistic dead lines it pressured us to finish on time no matter what.

Job of a lifetime

Incredible people and an amazing job where individual impact is huge. Hard to imagine being able to have more impact on the world than spacex. Stress can be high and starting pay is lower than industry average, but stock appreciation makes up for it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SpaceX. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SpaceX
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?